MangaGamer and Winged Cloud establish a new partnership, w/ 2 new games.

Decay

They will just add Sakura Clicker into Sakura Dungeon, and call it a VN with gameplay elements... They wouldn't be able to release games so fast if they would need to create new gameplay, please... I still hope for weekly Sakura releases with the same CGs and character sprites, so I can laugh at buyers even more.

Winged Cloud is basically "HOW TO MILK YOUR CUSTOMERS: A GUIDE".

At least now the script will get run through a spellchecker. And maybe somebody will do some QC on it too. I can actually read it without my brain melting from the spelling/grammar errors.

Still no Sakura Fantasy Part 2 though. I wish they'd do more Yuri games instead of having these dense male MCs.

Incidentally, the artist for the Sakura games worked on Demon Master Chris, a dungeon crawling RPG. Apparently it wasn't very good, 

I ... kinda enjoyed Demon Master Chris :3

Also, the background artist they used to use is Badriel from Lemma, who's an incredibly reliable and talented freelancer. People can't speak well enough of him, he's very much in demand. 

You are not the only one. While Demon Master Chris was definitely not great story wise and was very grindy the game was surprisingly enjoyable...especially for those people who already like dungeon crawlers like lightning warrior raidy this was essentially a poor version of LWR with some interesting-ish mechanics. I'm definitely thinking sakura dungeon could actually be semi-decent and with the partnership of mangagamer perhaps they really will attempt to make the series into something bigger. Still likely sex-romp-ish but maybe it can turn into a half decent series of game releases eventually. I do like the backgrounds for the game and the art style does stand out so hopefully they get stories or mechanics to go with the art at some point.

I'm definitely thinking sakura dungeon could actually be semi-decent and with the partnership of mangagamer perhaps they really will attempt to make the series into something bigger. Still likely sex-romp-ish but maybe it can turn into a half decent series of game releases eventually. I do like the backgrounds for the game and the art style does stand out so hopefully they get stories or mechanics to go with the art at some point.

Dream on :Teeku:

Some of you have interpreted the "dumpster" part of "throw your reaction gifs and memes into a dumpster" in a manner which I anticipated and heartily endorse. Here's another one for you guys for future Winged Cloud threads:

LB1atiL.gif

That one's a freebie, on me. 

On a similar note to the Sakura games, AJTilley's latest game is coming out soon, and this one looks just as insipid as the rest! Many of you who are cowering in fear of the Sakura series aren't aware of your surroundings enough to realize the true horror lurking out there known as AJTilley. You all wished for Winged Cloud's downfall and in their place we could be getting something far more insidious. As of now, the gem known as Highschool Romance has been topping the MangaGamer charts for a solid two weeks. Welcome to your new hell:makina:

f40d55d940.jpg

edit: What's number 5? If you guessed Kara no Shoujo 2, wrong!

sJFDehl.gif

Some of you have interpreted the "dumpster" part of "throw your reaction gifs and memes into a dumpster" in a manner which I anticipated and heartily endorse. Here's another one for you guys for future Winged Cloud threads:

LB1atiL.gif

On a similar note to the Sakura games, AJTilley's latest game is coming out soon, and this one looks just as insipid as the rest! Many of you who are cowering in fear of the Sakura series aren't aware of your surroundings enough to realize the true horror lurking out there known as AJTilley. You all wished for Winged Cloud's downfall and in their place we could be getting something far more insidious. As of now, the gem known as Highschool Romance has been topping the MangaGamer charts for a solid two weeks. Welcome to your new hell:makina:

f40d55d940.jpg

sJFDehl.gif

Oh god, that game looks like complete shit. At least the Sakura games have the decency to have good art.

I think there is only one way for visual novels in the West to be saved. You need leadership in this market, you need somebody to step up to the plate and say "NO! THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!". People need to realise that we can do better than this, that supporting these titles just for a couple of lulz really isn't worth it.

Imagine what you could do if you had actual trained writers who studied literature in college and could use their skills to craft a masterful visual novel.

Imagine a world where people value games that take time to build rather than pointless shovelware that feels like it's been put together by a couple of monkeys on LSD.

Imagine a beautiful place where studios like AJTilley don't exist.

Think about the power you and your wallet have and how you can shift the course of history.

The world of visual novels is but an oyster, waiting to be pried open at any moment and show its true value.

Indeed we have strayed away from the right path.

But not all hope is lost, visual novels can still thrive and build a wonderful market.

What we need is a guiding light, and fear not, because we have one already, we just can't see it yet...

And that's because in this entire world, only one individual is capable of achieving this feat...

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

???????????????

Smurfs + Romance? Why not !

Top1 on Mangagamer charts, it's totally normal.

I have a friend, started talking about visual novels, Steins Gate/Umineko, and he said:

- Oh visual novels? I played one. 

- Really? Title?

- Sakura Swim Club

- Sh^%... You finished it?

- Naaah.

And then after I shown him some gameplay he decied to try PS3 Umineko port. Dunno how it'll work out.

@edit

Because of titles like Sakura etc. people are complaining about the prices of good VNs... Damn... 

Edited by Maxel

Dear lord... really?! REALLY?! Why do they keep making these things xD

Same reason why a lot of ecchi anime get made. There are a lot of perverts who are fans of this medium. Plus, people like Noble playing them helps a lot with traffic.

Don't dare to put my lovely ecchi animes and moeges at the same level with this shit.

My favorite part is the third screenshot on the Highschool Possession page where whoever drew the penis somehow drew it upside down.

I anticipate this being a top seller on release.

I'm sure it's to represent some minority of men who have upside down penises. We can't be so ableist.

#StopTheHate #PenisTwistGate #AustralianPenisesMatter

Slightly more serious reply: 
You'd think with all the "how to draw dicks" tutorials on deviantart you'd at least get the basic shape down, but I guess even that was asking too much...

I'm honestly amazed.

LB1atiL.gif

f40d55d940.jpg

sJFDehl.gif

ItMustBeMine.gif

not sure what to say regarding this matter, but its quite adarn shame when other indie-devs like mouse & friends, who are wayyyy smaller than those, still manage to produce actual quality, though beeing incredibly limited fund-wise....
dont know how many bucks wingedcloud earned so far, excluding sekais share, but i dare to assume hiring professional writers should be already affordable without risking the companies bankcruptcy...

not sure what to say regarding this matter, but its quite adarn shame when other indie-devs like mouse & friends, who are wayyyy smaller than those, still manage to produce actual quality, though beeing incredibly limited fund-wise....
dont know how many bucks wingedcloud earned so far, excluding sekais share, but i dare to assume hiring professional writers should be already affordable without risking the companies bankcruptcy...

Why? It sells already, let 20yrs old IT student handle the writing or smthing.

Dear lord... really?! REALLY?! Why do they keep making these things xD

Same reason why a lot of ecchi anime get made. There are a lot of perverts who are fans of this medium. Plus, people like Noble playing them helps a lot with traffic.

Don't dare to put my lovely ecchi animes and moeges at the same level with this shit.

You have to admit there are a lot of generic ecchi shows out there giving anime a bad image. There are a few good ones but most are mediocre or bad. 

My favorite part is the third screenshot on the Highschool Possession page where whoever drew the penis somehow drew it upside down.

I anticipate this being a top seller on release.

That mistake alone shows how much effort they put into the entire game.

I want the dungeon game to be good...even if it's just half as good as Raidy I'd be interested.

If it's a dungeon RPG game, hope there's "game over" scenes or what not. Half the fun of those kinds of games was seeing your heroine violated when they lose and not make it too bad to actually lose on purpose. :illya:

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I honestly can't see Winged Cloud doing defeat rape.  Forced sex would be really far from the themes they've gone with to date, and I don't think they'd want to risk alienating their current base.  Anything they'd do along those lines would likely be comedy-focused, and it's hard to do that in a Game Over scene.  Comedy rape scenes that don't result in a game over would be more probable.

Edited by sanahtlig

I honestly can't see Winged Cloud doing defeat rape.  Forced sex would be really far from the themes they've gone with to date, and I don't think they'd want to risk alienating their current base.  Anything they'd do along those lines would likely be comedy-focused, and it's hard to do that in a Game Over scene.  Comedy rape scenes that don't result in a game over would be more probable.

I wouldnt see a generic dungeon RPG/roguelike vns being successful without the consequential game over screens. Thats usually what sell those types of games. They really need to do a lot with the battle system/gameplay to make it a convincing buy then. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer