Artifacted text in The Fruit of Grisaia (18+)

Decay

Cuop7Jf.png

For some reason when I launched the game to take the above screenshot, it was slightly better than it was before, but you can still see it a little. Anyways, this issue is happen while running in fullscreen mode, it looks fine in windowed. It probably has to do with the upscaling. For some reason Anisotropic is disabled for me, I cannot select it. Bilinear scaling produces those results. Point scaling gives me artifact-free text but of course the whole game becomes really pixelated and ugly. So, has anyone run into this issue before and have any idea on a fix?

edit: I realize the font wasn't installed properly. Doing so caused a significant reduction in the artifacts. They're still there, but much less pronounced. 

Unfortunately the way GnK's engine handles things makes my gpu driver settings largely irrelevant. Like I said, though, the problem is largely resolved. There's still some weirdness with certain letters if you scrutinize but when I lean back and read like usual, I don't really notice it anymore.

Now for an unrelated question that isn't even tech help! Does anyone know if there's a patch to implement the CGs unique to the all-ages version into the 18+ version? Most of these CGs happen in scenes that are in both versions, but they were left out of the 18+ version for some reason.

Unfortunately the way GnK's engine handles things makes my gpu driver settings largely irrelevant. Like I said, though, the problem is largely resolved. There's still some weirdness with certain letters if you scrutinize but when I lean back and read like usual, I don't really notice it anymore.

Now for an unrelated question that isn't even tech help! Does anyone know if there's a patch to implement the CGs unique to the all-ages version into the 18+ version? Most of these CGs happen in scenes that are in both versions, but they were left out of the 18+ version for some reason.

Becuase laziness? That or frontwing didn't want to implement the extra CGs from the all-ages in both versions.

The only ones who were involved with Grisaia hacks were Doddler and koestl, and they are not motivated to create such patches, I believe... You can ask Doddler for more info, you know. My memory is vague, I cannot remember, if he put somewhere his tools for Grisaia or they were removed right after it got licensed.

I'm such a good guy telling people over and over how to "fix" this thing... I've lost hope for any fixes long time ago, there's also no letters to read in Michiru's route and some text skips in Yumiko's route. So yeah 18+ version have missing content, pretty awful bugs I would say...

"FIX" (It's pretty much only "solution" for now)

Create custom resolution for your PC in Nvidia Panel (1024x576) and set the custom resolution alongside normal game resolution to: 1024x576/1024x576 in BootMenu.exe>System Settings>Display1>GameScreenSize/FullScreenWindowSize

iXYZly6.png

Edited by Maxel

• 1 year later...
On 23/11/2015 at 3:25 AM, Decay said:

Cuop7Jf.png

For some reason when I launched the game to take the above screenshot, it was slightly better than it was before, but you can still see it a little. Anyways, this issue is happen while running in fullscreen mode, it looks fine in windowed. It probably has to do with the upscaling. For some reason Anisotropic is disabled for me, I cannot select it. Bilinear scaling produces those results. Point scaling gives me artifact-free text but of course the whole game becomes really pixelated and ugly. So, has anyone run into this issue before and have any idea on a fix?

edit: I realize the font wasn't installed properly. Doing so caused a significant reduction in the artifacts. They're still there, but much less pronounced. 

Hey so have you fixed the issue of being unable to select Anisotropic upscaling?

I'm currently facing the same issue