Waifu WARS!

luciodragao

My waifus are many and I treat them all with equal smashing. Here are some of them

consensually.jpg

Quirkiness overload. She is my main waifu.

W4LzZ0S.png

My favorite underclassmen. She's incredibly cute and she plays the masochist which I love.

CLANNAD-Girls-image-clannad-girls-361718

As Crispin Freeman said, the quiet ones tend to be the kinky ones and Kotomi is my favorite in that category.

629540.jpg

My favorite kuudere and favorite girl from Grisaia. She's cute and I have a thing for anime girls with purple hair.

Tohno.Minagi.full.23153.jpg

The best girl from Air. Even if she is quiet, she's adorable as hell.

touko2.jpg

And finally Touko, my favorite girl from Kara No Shoujo. I love her personality and she's intriguing.

:wub: :heart:

Hidden Content

I had been worrying and worrying about this, but I've finally found an answer. If I had to name a preferred female character, it would be this one:

3766.jpg

she looks a bit young even for a loli :ph34r: is she the doll from Katahane?

She may well be a doll, but she's the greatest doll you'll ever see. Such happiness. Such tears. She moved me greatly by appealing to my weakest spots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's what I've been thinking recently:

Who else here thinks that "waifu" != "best girl"? I don't take the whole waifu thing too seriously, but I can occasionally allow myself to imagine being in a relationship with a VN heroine, and how it would or wouldn't work, compatibility-wise. I take the term "waifu" to be restricted to characters I feel I'd have decent compatibility with, and a "best girl" could be literally anyone, and a good few of my personal favorites would probably hate me with the intensity of a thousand suns in real life.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's just me massively overthinking everything as usual. :amane:

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2015 at 1:36 PM, Ariurotl said:

Here's what I've been thinking recently:

Who else here thinks that "waifu" != "best girl"? I don't take the whole waifu thing too seriously, but I can occasionally allow myself to imagine being in a relationship with a VN heroine, and how it would or wouldn't work, compatibility-wise. I take the term "waifu" to be restricted to characters I feel I'd have decent compatibility with, and a "best girl" could be literally anyone, and a good few of my personal favorites would probably hate me with the intensity of a thousand suns in real life.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's just me massively overthinking everything as usual. :amane:

No no, I have a similar differentiation of those terminologies as well, with "best girl" being a heroine that I respect greatly, and "waifu" being a heroine that I ogle and go kyaaa!@# over.

I usually can find one each per VN, ie. plznojudgerino, but G-Senjou's best girl is Haru, whereas the waifu is Shiratori

Danganronpa's best girl is Kyoko, waifu Sayaka

Ar Nosurge's best girl is Ion, the waifu is Casty

~~
Best girl waifus do not exist in my book, 3D would be too depressing if they did

My take on it: every property (VN, anime, whatever) can have a "best girl"; it's totally reasonable to refer to dozens of 2D characters as best girl. On the other hand, waifu seems to be at least a bit more selective, with most people who use the term having only one or a handful. But I have to admit that I don't really get the term "waifu" - it seems to mean very different things to different people. I personally just don't use it. If I did ever use it, I would use it either extremely ironically, to refer to a horrible character I hated, or if I went off the deep end, in the crazy "waifu manifesto" way (or whatever that thing was called). Thankfully, I've never done the latter, nor shown any tendencies towards it.

Not that there's anything wrong with it :sachi: