Clannad release imminent - You hyped?

Dergonu

hard to compare muv luv with clannad since they are nothing alike so the comparision is really unfair imo. But clannad is really good I mean even steins gate says it's awesome, while you are playing daru is reading some eroges and in one particular case he starts talking about how vn are not only eroge and actually some of them tell meaningful stories and then he says clannad was really heartwarming xD

Played it already. My copy is collecting dust somewhere because it's been ages since I played it. It's an a'ok game. Not Muv Luv kind of hype, just a tier below of that hype.

And don't forget an extremely long novel aswell.

hard to compare muv luv with clannad since they are nothing alike so the comparision is really unfair imo. But clannad is really good I mean even steins gate says it's awesome, while you are playing daru is reading some eroges and in one particular case he starts talking about how vn are not more and actually some of them tell meaningful stories and then he says clannad was really heartwarming xD

Some eroge tell heartwarming stories too. I wish vn companies could bring more all-ages titles to the west I wanna try some of them also they wouldn't have to censor anything. By the way in which chapter Daru mention Clannad? I either forget about that or haven't reach that chapter yet. ^_^

Played it already. My copy is collecting dust somewhere because it's been ages since I played it. It's an a'ok game. Not Muv Luv kind of hype, just a tier below of that hype.

And don't forget an extremely long novel aswell.

hard to compare muv luv with clannad since they are nothing alike so the comparision is really unfair imo. But clannad is really good I mean even steins gate says it's awesome, while you are playing daru is reading some eroges and in one particular case he starts talking about how vn are not more and actually some of them tell meaningful stories and then he says clannad was really heartwarming xD

Some eroge tell heartwarming stories too. I wish vn companies could bring more all-ages titles to the west I wanna try some of them also they wouldn't have to censor anything. By the way in which chapter Daru mention Clannad? I either forget about that or haven't reach that chapter yet. ^_^

I don't remember at all xD but this guy took a pic from that part https://twitter.com/clow_shirow/status/618953056009326593 (he literally took a picture of the screen :unsure::wahaha:http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SG_1.png also i didn't say eroges cant tell heartwarming stories I was just describing the scene in steins gate, I mean yume miru kusuri is one of the best novels I've read and it's full of ero-

Edited by Deep Blue

I've watched and enjoyed the anime but I never played the VN because I've heard bad things about the translation. Since this release is retranslated, I'll probably read this at some point in the near future when time permits. Enough time has passed for me to revisit the story.

My super long detail explanation got lost in that thread because of the quote bug, oh well :P 

Also no, as an anime yes is a good one but as an adaptation of the original is really bad, steins gate on the other hand it cut a lot of things specially the infodumping and some parts with nae and yuugo but it was somehow true to the "true ending", clannad however was not true to anything, it was like a a mixing of all the heroines routes that turned out really bad.

Kaguya rated clannad with a 5 and included it on the 50 vn that you must read (he/she took it off recently from the list) so I think that says a lot...:rolleyes:

Edited by Deep Blue

My super long detail explanation got lost in that thread because of the quote bug, oh well :P 

Also no, as an anime yes is a good one but as an adaptation of the original is really bad, steins gate on the other hand it cut a lot of things specially the infodumping and some parts with nae and yuugo but it was somehow true to the "true ending", clannad however was not true to anything, it was like a a mixing of all the heroines routes that turned out really bad.

Kaguya rated clannad with a 5 and included it on the 50 vn that you must read (he/she took it off recently from the list) so I think that says a lot...:rolleyes:

Sorry for going a little off-topic but who is Kaguya??? :huh:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/

but it doesnt matter, what I or anybody else says, play the novel and watch the anime, everyone should get their own conclusions about this types of things because in the end opinions are subjective things, which one is better? let your own analysis decide.

An alt of SolidBatman's. 

People tend to prefer the anime because they view it as a decent representation of the visual novel, and it's a lot shorter. Clannad is incredibly long, so people under time constraints tend to view the anime as a viable option. People who want to immerse themselves in everything Clannad will like the VN better. The VN also tends to drag everything out quite a bit, so once again if you want to immerse yourself in everything Clannad this is a bonus, if not it's a negative. 

Edited by Rooke

As Rooke said the vn is really really long and for the most part is slice of life with some drama with bits of comedy and nothing else so if you don't like that you will hate this novel and people usually don't read the novel because of that, to spend 100 hours in a vn is not for everyone, for example I know many people in this forum couldnt finish muv luv extra or even unlimited, in the end they watch the anime instead which is more appealing than just reading and shorter too, so they don't have a point of reference to compare with.

My super long detail explanation got lost in that thread because of the quote bug, oh well :P 

Stein's;Gate anime wasnt that bad compared to vn. Heck, most anime versions of vns dont even break top 100 of most top anime lists. Stein's;Gate broke that trend by staying in My Anime List and most anime rating sites in the top 10 for several years now.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

My super long detail explanation got lost in that thread because of the quote bug, oh well :P 

Stein's;Gate anime wasnt that bad compared to vn. Heck, most anime versions of vns dont even break top 100 of most top anime lists. Stein's;Gate broke that trend by staying in My Anime List and most anime rating sites in the top 10 for several years now.

it wasn't but a lot of things got cut from the plot, I understand why it is an anime and probably wasnt enough budget to do all of them but by only watching the anime you are missing all the heroines routes aside from kurisu which are actually really good also all the explanations in detail about time travel. But for the most part it was pretty accurate overall following the vn true ending.

The Clannad anime was what really got me into otaku culture in the first place, and is still a favorite (along with many other Key animes, and more recently Key VNs), so I'm very excited about the release. It's timed coincidentally with a nice two-week vacation from work, so right now I'm figuratively counting the hours until I can start playing. I previously tried playing the fan TL but had some technical problems with it and gave up, so I'm happy to be much less worried about that class of problem, with an official release.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/

but it doesnt matter, what I or anybody else says, play the novel and watch the anime, everyone should get their own conclusions about this types of things because in the end opinions are subjective things, which one is better? let your own analysis decide.

Considering other people perspective in the matter is not that bad choice either, you can still gather information about the product but holding your opinion highly than others is basically the normal course of action afterall you are the one who wants to experience the enjoyment of trying the product and rated based from your own perspective. I totally agree with you that opinions are subjective things it could be said the whole world is construced bias subjective thoughts. Now if that is wrong or right is completely unknown to me becuase who can say what is wrong or right? Was something right/true in the first place? I'm not sure if you get what I mean but what I'am saying everything is just too complicated so lets just continue our lives without worrying too much about it.  (Somehow I dragged this conversation and made it to a very long one and went a little off-topic sorry for that. :D)

An alt of SolidBatman's. 

People tend to prefer the anime because they view it as a decent representation of the visual novel, and it's a lot shorter. Clannad is incredibly long, so people under time constraints tend to view the anime as a viable option. People who want to immerse themselves in everything Clannad will like the VN better. The VN also tends to drag everything out quite a bit, so once again if you want to immerse yourself in everything Clannad this is a bonus, if not it's a negative. 

I don't dislike the thought of immersing myself and have the full experience of the world the game represent itself becuase it is interesting to know how it works and see the different variation of characters and what if scenarios. Time constraint is the biggest enemy when playing visual novels but also when playing many different type of games regularly so sometimes I must choose between different titles wisely depending of how much time it takes to beat them. I actually watched some chapter from the anime a long time ago but I stop watching so I didn't spoil myself the VN.