Clannad release imminent - You hyped?

Dergonu

So with the release of Clannad just a few days away I´ve been rushing through my current to do list so my schedule is clear for when it drops. I´m so hyped for this. 

I´ve personally never read or watched Clannad before, so I´m really looking forward to it. What about you guys? For those who has already read it, are you planning on reading it again? What are you guys most hyped for? (Please use spoiler tags if needed)

Found this interview with the Sekai Project team if you haven't read it yet: 

http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-community-interviews-sekai-projects-clannad-team/

So with the release of Clannad just a few days away I´ve been rushing through my current to do list so my schedule is clear for when it drops. I´m so hyped for this. 

I´ve personally never read or watched Clannad before, so I´m really looking forward to it. What about you guys? For those who has already read it, are you planning on reading it again? What are you guys most hyped for? (Please use spoiler tags if needed)

Found this interview with the Sekai Project team if you haven't read it yet: 

http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-community-interviews-sekai-projects-clannad-team/

Dergonu a fellow hype guy has appeared! This will be my first time playing Clannad too. I guess most people are interested to see how much the new translation has improved over the old one. ^_^

I've never read it either [3] and only watched a few episodes of it (but that's partially down to me being generally shit at watching series), so naturally I'm pretty damn excited for the release of this as well. It'll be pretty cool to play one of the 'classic' (by which I mean well-regarded) VNs too, as I've not really done too many of those.

Drawing dango in anticipation.

Edited by AaronIsCrunchy
My spelling is appalling today it seems.

I would be but I read the shitty translation already and Clannad is a really REALLY long VN. I would much rather spend the time reading something I haven't read before.

I am super excited that it's finally getting a release and I would love to read the better translation someday, just not at this moment in time.

We'll have a FuwaReview up for it on release day (assuming I get the review copy to work) 

Let's see:

• Clannad releases in about 72 hours.
  • Clannad takes somewhere between 70-100 hours to read, depending on whom you ask.
  • Review copy isn't yet up and running.

Hope you weren't planning on sleeping much. :)

Let's see:

• Clannad takes somewhere between 70-100 hours to read, depending on whom you ask.

He'll probably just ctrl through half of it and then call it shit :^)

Not particularly. I've already seen the anime multiple times, and if you've seen the anime (unless you want to read the few other routes that haven't been animated) then I see no reason to read a 70+ hour VN, unless you really have that much time on your hands and really love Clannad. Also because of how long it's taken, hype has kind of died down.

Edited by Mugi

I have seen the anime, so even though I backed the project, I was actually pretty neutral about the release. Then, I saw that these guys are going to do let's read podcasts:

http://kazamatsuri.org/introducing-the-clannad-bookclub-win-a-copy-of-clannad-on-steam/

And that makes me pretty excited! This Christmas, I want to have complete buy in and try to enjoy the game as much as possible that way.

i'm really hyped as well, but also kinda terrified of what it'll do to me, considering my experience with key so far, and the fact that this is their most acclaimed work.

i hope i'll enjoy it more than air, which just felt too long, too vague and just too damn painful in the third part

I've seen the anime though I'm quite looking forward to this.  Haven't figured out how much it's going to cost yet though ;-;

40 dollars. there was a thing about it on kazamatsuri.org

We'll have a FuwaReview up for it on release day (assuming I get the review copy to work) 

Let's see:

Thats where reading the fan tl already will help. Afterstory is the main area I need to re-read. 

Let's see:

Thats where reading the fan tl already will help. Afterstory is the main area I need to re-read. 

Considering it's an entirely new translation, with explanatory Dangopedia footnotes added throughout the text, I just sorta figured the whole thing would need to be re-read for the review. You know, for people who are curious how the new TL stacks up to the old FTL?

Or is the plan to do a "first impressions" review on the 23rd, followed by a more comprehensive review later?

Let's see:

Considering it's an entirely new translation, with explanatory Dangopedia footnotes added throughout the text, I just sorta figured the whole thing would need to be re-read for the review. You know, for people who are curious how the new TL stacks up to the old FTL?

Or is the plan to do a "first impressions" review on the 23rd, followed by a more comprehensive review later?

Depends how big the improvements are, which I won't be able to get into until we figure out whats causing the issue.