Battlefront. What a disappointment.

Justin579

Just played it today. Nothing like bf2. It's just bf4 in star wars style and different game modes and unlimited ammo.

No conquest which was my favorite game type.

Also when I tried to find games I couldn't find anything expect like empty games expect like death match. 

I'm guessing all that good stuff will be in the dlc.

In my opinion it's not too much like Battlefield but it's not too much like Battlefront either. I would have preferred a game more like the original battlefront games with space battles and finding actual vehicles instead of tokens. More maps would also be really awe- [YOU MUST PURCHASE THE ADDITIONAL COMMENT DLC IN ORDER THE VIEW THE REST OF THIS COMMENT].

Edited by monkeysrumble

The biggest thing keeping me from buying this game is that bloody DLC. I cannot, in good faith, support that shit. Companies need to stop cutting 40% of the game out and selling it as extra content at launch. Also iirc the DLC isn't even that great for the price.

Edited by Mugi

If you want a good Star Wars game, get X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. You'll have your battles in space, which are more awesome than Darth Vader plowing through the rebel forces. Buy the GOG version, tho. Steam version has issues. You'll need a joystick as well (or a Microsoft SideWinder :makina:).

It's really sad that Star Wars games have been eating shit as of late. Their use to be so many good games until Lucasarts decided to commit suicide, we're going to start seeing more of them now but Battlefront isn't what I was expecting.

I could use another good Star Wars RPG.

As a Battlefront fan, I'm also extremely disappointed... not only because they have taken just a standard shooter and put a Star Wars apparel over it, but because they have also dropped the key points from Battlefront. Cool modes? Nope. Space battles? Goodbye, maybe in an expansion the same price as the game. Vehicles that you can mount/dismount? No, you pick them up like power-ups. Heroes as a reward for performance? Nah, it's random luck, again as a power-up you pick up!

If only they had kept the things that made Battlefront, well, Battlefront, and then did this overhaul on graphics and gameplay/performance, this game would be selling so, so much.

What's even sadder is that EA will blame it on the playerbase of Battlefront being flimsy or nonexistent, instead of them having completely failed the project.

Well if you love the old battlefront games you won't like this game. Although the game is not that bad my biggest issue in the beta was the unbalancing but it has somewhat being fixed already. There is some cool features like the jetpack and nice selection of weapons but of course locking parts of the game is an annoying move from their part.

Haven't played it yet and I have no intention. I'm a single-player gamer and EA has made it perfectly clear that it doesn't want my filthy, peasant money. That's OK EA, I'll just give my money to CD Projekt Red, a company whose name I can say without choking on my own cynicism and bloodlust. 

Haven't played it yet and I have no intention. I'm a single-player gamer and EA has made it perfectly clear that it doesn't want my filthy, peasant money. That's OK EA, I'll just give my money to CD Projekt Red, a company whose name I can say without choking on my own cynicism and bloodlust. 

then you must not play a lot of games since huge ass games nowadays are MP mostly. cod halo BF. have SP but are garbage.

Yeah I was going to buy this until a friend warned me not to. 

The game is not that bad but taking into account they cut 40% of the game (If that's true I haven't confirmed it) although it shares some similarity with battlefield, previous battlefront games and even plants vs zombies garden warfare, but the game is different than the other battlefront games and that's what most people are complaining about. Like I said before the game had issues in term of balance on the beta but most of those issues has been fixed already.