QUANTUM SUICIDE [RELEASED ON STEAM IN 2020]

Cotton Candy Cyanide

A Visual Novel set in Space. Fulfill your duty. Fall in love. Betray your friends. Get murdered by an A.I. 

Welcome aboard the Everett.

OVERVIEW
Quantum Suicide by 
Cotton Candy Cyanide is inspired by story-driven Japanese Visual Novels such as Danganronpa, and the Virtues Last Reward series. 

In Quantum Suicide, you play as a researcher aboard a spaceship on an epic mission to find humanity a new home. You have the ability to choose your name and gender, a choice that can change your destiny from the very beginning. Quantum Suicide contains 6 courtable options (3 females, 3 males). With their own hopes, desires, personalities, and sexual preferences, you will have to move carefully to earn each character's affections. Each courtable character has at least three posed sprites, each with multiple facial expressions. In addition, all characters are partially voiced by professional Japanese voice actors.

Boasting over 50+ hours of gameplay, you must navigate your way through over 30 different endings, including bad, good, and true endings for all courtable options. Each week, you are thrown into The Deletion Game where you must battle for your survival through a series of puzzles and strategy mini-games as you attempt to see the Everett's mission through to the end...alive.

Quantum Suicide is a commercial game scheduled for sale on Steam late 2017.

kickstarter%20banner-01.png?dl=0

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cccn/quantum-suicide-a-visual-novel-in-space-kill-or-be

Play%20the%20Demo.png?dl=0

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7x9xbsqzhjgsscs/QuantumSuicide-all.zip

Greenlight.png?dl=0

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556943619

STORY
The year is now 2117. You are a second generation ship-born researcher studying inter-dimensional travel. Your choices change the fortunes of all aboard the Everett. Friendship and love lay waiting at your feet, but you should be wary. The road to the stars is full of hardship. 

A malprogrammed A.I. dedicated to preserving resources pulls you into a twisted, murderous game. When tensions are high, who knows what even the kindest crew member will do?

How will you protect those you love? Will you betray friends to save yourself? Will you be slaughtered in cold, empty space? Will you slaughter?

It's time to ask yourself: what would you do to survive?

CHARACTER ART
Quantum Suicide's lead artist is 
Ygor Lisboa aka Danzzila. We were drawn to him for his wonderful, expressive Japanese style and he is responsible for our character design, sprites, and CG art.

Each main character has three poses, with three expressions per pose. Supporting characters currently only have one pose, with multiple expressions.

Expressions.png?dl=0

BACKGROUND ART
Ah, background art. You are hardly given the credit you deserve but as soon as you are lacking, it becomes apparent. The interior of the Everett was designed with a sparse, military practicality in mind, but we also wanted it to be atmospheric and vivid enough to be visually interesting for the player. To get the best art, you have to go to the best artist so we went to background extraordinaire, 
Owen Carson.

The scenes capture the beauty of the ship, the wonder of space, and the eerieness of a closed circuit situation. With at least 20 variations for the background to date (with plans for a few extra for the few game), the Everett will come alive, even if you don't stay that way!

05%20Engineering%20800.png?dl=0

GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE
Our Game User Interface (GUI) is designed to be intuitive, and add to the overall science fiction tone of the game. Further screens such as CG Gallery, Music Player, Mini-Games, Archive Files, and Bonus Content are to be added as the game is created.

The Quantum Suicide Logo and the GUI were designed by the talented Luna Chai Li.

ref800.png?dl=0

MUSIC
What would intergenerational space travel be without a great soundtrack? Quiet. No one wants quiet. Quiet is scary, and cold, and sad. To ensure that your travels among the stars is not a quiet affair, we've had a soundtrack lovingly crafted by our talented musicians. We've been lucky enough to be given permission to use the song 変異個体-ГЕNЕ- by 
SEVERUS WAND for our atmospheric trailer currently in production but we also have a complete Original Soundtrack by Wojciech Wojnowski.

ABOUT US
Cotton Candy Cyanide (CCCN-) is made up of two people: Ashley Pearson (Nyx) and Tina Richards (MoltenCherry). We often go by our gamer tags.

We created CCCN- to create games that we, ourselves, wanted to play. Both of us greatly enjoy games such as Dangan Ronpa, Virtue's Last Reward, and Persona; games that challenge us, make us fall in love with characters, and then break our hearts. Unfortunately, we found these sorts of titles scarce in the Western gaming market. While Steam has been exploding with visual novels recently, we wanted to create something a little darker than a slice of life, romantic novel. We've got 'Cyanide' in our name for a reason.

WHY ARE WE POSTING ON FUWANOVEL
There are a multitude of reasons that we are posting on the Fuwanovel Forums.

Firstly, we are hoping that by posting here we might gain some support from people as passionate about Visual Novels as we are. As many of you know, creating a game isn't always rainbows and butterflies. We find it really comforting to know that we have a community behind us. 

Secondly, we've put a lot of money, and time, and love into Quantum Suicide. This is our first project and we are trying our very hardest to make Quantum Suicide the highest quality product possible. Now that we are approaching the end of our initial 'concept' phase, we are simply bursting at the seams with excitement to share our project with you!  If you are interested, it would truly mean the world to us if you would back us on Kickstarter or upvote us on Steam Greenlight.

And finally, if you would like to stay up to date with the progress of Quantum Suicide, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks.png?dl=0

This is looks great, AND it's done by AUSSIES!! No more crying at our weak dollar.

Edit: Backed it.

Thank you so much for supporting us on Kickstarter! We truly do appreciate it! You're the best!

On a side note, OMG I KNOW. We've had to pay all of our artists in USD and it's absolutely killing us. We had to bump up the Kickstarter goal by around 5k just to cover the conversion rate of AUD to USD. Finally, someone who knows my pain! ^w^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quantum Suicide has relaunched on Kickstarter!

0%20DAYS.png?dl=0

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cccn/quantum-suicide-a-visual-novel-in-space-kill-or-be

We're back and we are bigger and better than ever! We've already raised 50% of our goal on the first day! 

Please support us in making Quantum Suicide a reality. 

Thanks.png?dl=0

'A Visual Novel set in Space. Fulfill your duty. Fall in love. Betray your friends. Get murdered by an A.I.'

I was sold before I even looked at the artwork to be honest (the world needs more darker OELVN's, after all). If I haven't utterly misunderstood somewhere along the line, the fact there's only two of you doing the bulk of this is nuts.

Well, you're nailing at least the nominals of art and music, just from the assets up on the Kickstarter; I especially love the BGM samples in the soundcloud! I don't like playing demos, so I'm skipping that, but the premise is also quite enticing.

And I must add that you are clearly the modern masters of the tagline. Once I saw the t-shirt I knew I had to back at a high enough tier to get that; I will wear it to work with glee.

15 hours ago, Cotton Candy Cyanide said:

Quantum Suicide has relaunched on Kickstarter!

0%20DAYS.png?dl=0

We're back and we are bigger and better than ever! We've already raised 50% of our goal on the first day! 

Please support us in making Quantum Suicide a reality. 

Thanks.png?dl=0

you could talk to people more about the project, you barely even post anything here.

On 1/31/2016 at 9:21 PM, Deep Blue said:

well that was fast :P this proves that re-lunching a campaign is not always a bad idea and failing a project is not the end of it. We are going to make it this time, hoping to achieve the full voice acting and the animated cutscenes

We decided to strike while the iron was hot and people still had interest in the project. Hitting stretch goals would be amazing, but to be honest, I'll just be happy if we get funded. :D

On 1/31/2016 at 4:09 AM, AaronIsCrunchy said:

'A Visual Novel set in Space. Fulfill your duty. Fall in love. Betray your friends. Get murdered by an A.I.'

I was sold before I even looked at the artwork to be honest (the world needs more darker OELVN's, after all). If I haven't utterly misunderstood somewhere along the line, the fact there's only two of you doing the bulk of this is nuts.

There are only two of us doing the writing and coding which, you're right, is pretty damn crazy. All of the art and sound has been commissioned from people all over the world though so it has been a bunch of fun to work with such an international team of people who are so interested in the project. 

After having no games to play after finishing Danganronpa and Virtue's Last Reward was pretty much the whole reason we decided to make a dark OELVN in the first place. We just wanted more fun games to play. Who doesn't love a little casual maiming every now and then?

On 1/31/2016 at 8:47 AM, Fred the Barber said:

Well, you're nailing at least the nominals of art and music, just from the assets up on the Kickstarter; I especially love the BGM samples in the soundcloud! I don't like playing demos, so I'm skipping that, but the premise is also quite enticing.

And I must add that you are clearly the modern masters of the tagline. Once I saw the t-shirt I knew I had to back at a high enough tier to get that; I will wear it to work with glee.

Hey Fred! (Incidentally, the name of Melody's dinosaur is Fred)

Thanks so much for your support! Even though we're just an indie company and this is our first project, we really wanted to create something that was of a high standard that could compete with Japanese VNs. We spent a ridiculous amount of time coming through artists and musicians to get it just right, we're glad it paid off! I never play demos either, to be honest, I prefer when I'm dropped in the middle of the world with no idea what is going on. I like the process of trying to find your feet in a new world.

On 1/31/2016 at 11:56 AM, firecat said:

you could talk to people more about the project, you barely even post anything here.

Is there anything you would like to know? I'm happy to take questions. :3

The Kickstarter page has a massive amount of information, and we have some development blogs up on our website if anyone is interested in further reading. (I feel like I'm giving out homework).

Sometimes it feels like we're fighting an impossible battle against the Internet, we're posting so much stuff that it gets hard to keep track of what you posted when. >_<

41 minutes ago, Cotton Candy Cyanide said:

Is there anything you would like to know? I'm happy to take questions. :3

The Kickstarter page has a massive amount of information, and we have some development blogs up on our website if anyone is interested in further reading. (I feel like I'm giving out homework).

Sometimes it feels like we're fighting an impossible battle against the Internet, we're posting so much stuff that it gets hard to keep track of what you posted when. >_<

this, this is what i'm talking about. its all business talk and not human talk. you have to talk to your audience as a person not a way to convert them.

General Update: WE GOT FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER! WOO WOO!

After only 7 days on Kickstarter, we are delighted to announce that our new campaign has been 100% funded! There is little we can say that truly expresses how grateful we are to everyone who has supported us thus far, so we'll just say this: THANK YOU.

Funded2.png?dl=0

The next aim is to hit some of our sweet stretch goals to make the game even better for you guys, the players. Our stretch goals include animated cut scenes, full voice-acting and a PS VITA port (pending Sony approval), so if you haven't backed already, what are you waiting for!? Join us aboard the Everett and fight for your life amongst the stars.

• 6 years later...
  • HataVNI changed the title to QUANTUM SUICIDE [RELEASED ON STEAM IN 2020]