Which VN character(s) have your favorite character development?

Rose

Saw this thread on reddit, decided to steal it. Don't forget to use spoilers when needed.

Personally, the way Fuminori from Saya no Uta changes throughout the story is just amazing and well-done, not sure if it's truly my favorite, but it sure as hell is among the best I've seen in VNs.

Emiya Shirou from F/SN is also worth mentioning, at least during UBW and HF.

Sachi from Sharin no Kuni I believe. Actually whole game is about "developing characters".

Also I think Takuma in Swan Song is close to Sachi.

It does not mean that I liked the development they got, but at least I saw their development and it was trustworthy, while in lot of other novels I see no real impact - no matter how much time passed - people are exactly the same.

Edited by Scorp

takuma is by far on of the best characters development of any vn, he goes from being a push over to a pure animal.

takeru from muv luv, even if i hate him as a character and human being :P  I think that the way war affects and change him is amazing, is done so subtle and periodical that by the end he is a different person, very well done.

the junker from planetarian and Kyousuke from senjou though this two are not on the same level as takuma and takeru

Not from a visual novel but Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime had a very memorable character growth which easily tops most character growths I've seen from two decade of visual novel/anime watching. From a weak cowardly kid to mature confident young man who fears nothing, always puts a smile on my face as I rewatch the anime every 1-2 years.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

ryou from yabai! - changes from sensitive siscon to the godfather of revenge.
saeko from fraternite - realized for herself that abandoning everything/-one dear to you is the right thing of doing so, to ensure noone interferes with focusing on your own interests btw needs
seiru from benimizuumi - her transformation from a caring housewife/mother to a mindbroken whore and thus becoming some maniac magican later on

Not from a visual novel but Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime had a very memorable character growth which easily tops most character growths I've seen from two decade of visual novel/anime watching. From a weak cowardly kid to mature confident young man who fears nothing, always puts a smile on my face as I rewatch the anime every 1-2 years.

What sucked there was the emo period he had after Kamina died and he swore to become his own person so to speak. In the end he became a carbon copy of Kamina.

takuma is by far on of the best characters development of any vn, he goes from being a push over to a pure animal.

Second this one.  Had to check what Kuwagata's first name was because I'd only ever heard him called by his last name, both in and outside of the VN.  His character development was, IMO, some of the best I've seen in a VN.  Sets the bar pretty high for future challengers.

What sucked there was the emo period he had after Kamina died and he swore to become his own person so to speak. In the end he became a carbon copy of Kamina.

Thats what makes a good character development imo. And you obviously cant surpass the emo moments without going emo in the first place. lol

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Thats what makes a good character development imo. And you obviously cant surpass the emo moments without going emo in the first place. lol

My point only was that you're not yourself when you're emulating someone else.

Edited by Stormwolf

Minami from Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori (Not sure if it was that much character development, but she goes from carefree to crushed to overcoming that which was a cool drama to watch)
Caim's development in Aiyoku no Eustia (particularly in the chapters other than the last).

Maimi (the MC) from Mugen Renkan ~Chijoku ni Mamireshi Fushiki no Rinbu~ . Just a staggering amount of character growth. The whole VN is centered around her story, after all.