Kara No Shoujo 2 Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

VirginSmasher

I finished Kara no Shoujo 2 a couple of days ago and I loved it more than the original. The normal ending set up the true end perfectly. Unfortunately, it took me a while to get the true ending, but it was worth it even if I had to see my favorite character dead. Anybody else finished this game and wants to discuss it?

I just started to read that. But by me design for that guy who wanted to cut his veins in the beginning of the game and that Ayato person looks very similar. Anyway can you tell how much time it took you to finish the game? As I was reading KnS1 for a week I believe, this one seems longer?

I just started to read that. But by me design for that guy who wanted to cut his veins in the beginning of the game and that Ayato person looks very similar. Anyway can you tell how much time it took you to finish the game? As I was reading KnS1 for a week I believe, this one seems longer?

Finished it in 5 days. Played 2 to 6 hours per day as well.

I just started to read that. But by me design for that guy who wanted to cut his veins in the beginning of the game and that Ayato person looks very similar. Anyway can you tell how much time it took you to finish the game? As I was reading KnS1 for week I believe, this one seems shorter?

This game is nearly twice as long .Took me nearly a week to finish and I'm a fast reader.

Overall I really enjoy it .There are a lot of pacing and character development flaws but this game hits me way harder than the first one especially the title screen after finishing.

I'm pretty dissapointed with the main mysteries,without understanding the culprit it's just a simple crime.Also for the main heroine Yukiko had a very little screen time,she could be a great character if done right.Too many loose end and the true ending was rushed.

Is is true that kns3 will be announced next month?

I just started to read that. But by me design for that guy who wanted to cut his veins in the beginning of the game and that Ayato person looks very similar. Anyway can you tell how much time it took you to finish the game? As I was reading KnS1 for week I believe, this one seems shorter?

This game is nearly twice as long .Took me nearly a week to finish and I'm a fast reader.

Overall I really enjoy it .There are a lot of pacing and character development flaws but this game hits me way harder than the first one especially the title screen after finishing.

I'm pretty dissapointed with the main mysteries,without understanding the culprit it's just a simple crime.Also for the main heroine Yukiko had a very little screen time,she could be a great character if done right.Too many loose end and the true ending was rushed.

Is is true that kns3 will be announced next month?

I liked Yukiko's character but it wasn't as good as Toko's character in the original game. I didn't feel that the true ending was rushed cause it left an emotional impact on me. Hopefully KnS 3 will be announced soon but I don't think it'll be next month.

I really loved Naori's character. It's a shame that there's so little discussion about him; he intrigued me from the beginning of the game and I really liked how Innocent Grey portrayed him throughout the story.

Seeing as he's bound to be a major villainous role in the next game having basically usurped Mamiya Shinji and consumed his personality like he probably taught Yukiko to do, we should really give him a little more attention. ^^

I really loved Naori's character. It's a shame that there's so little discussion about him; he intrigued me from the beginning of the game and I really liked how Innocent Grey portrayed him throughout the story.

Hidden Content

It was pretty weird to find out Naori had done that to Shinji. I can't wait to see how his character will pan out in the next game.

If the last game has true end I think Kyoko will be the end girl but I think the game will let us choose who Reiji will end up with 'cause it's last game.

What I really want to know the most is Masaki will end up with Ayako or not. I ship them so hard.

Reiji was a jerk but also a gentleman. the player need to refuse every sex choices to get to true end. man I don't want to do that.

Yukiko, she was on the cover but had very little role. maybe she will come back in the last game. I mean we still doesn't  know what really happen at that orphanage.

If the last game has true end I think Kyoko will be the end girl but I think the game will let us choose who Reiji will end up with 'cause it's last game.

What I really want to know the most is Masaki will end up with Ayako or not. I ship them so hard.

Reiji was a jerk but also a gentleman. the player need to refuse every sex choices to get to true end. man I don't want to do that.

Yukiko, she was on the cover but had very little role. maybe she will come back in the last game. I mean we still doesn't  know what really happen at that orphanage.

Yukiko's character arc was a disappointment for sure. They could've done way more with her character.

Masaki and Ayako don't end up together. I don't know if that'll happen in the 3rd game or not.

Just finished Kara no Shoujo 2 as well and had a blast reading through it. Really liked the way everything tied together - past to present, characters and their motivations. I found it much easier to play through blind and didn't land on any bad ends on my first playthrough. They gave more than enough hints to let you figure out who did the murders. Pacing did feel a little slow in the first part but it picked up once we get back to Reiji's POV.

OST was great and definitely help set the atmosphere, although the first game's songs (azure bird) were more memorable to me.

I have to agree that I found Yukiko a bit underwhelming for being the poster girl of the game (Touko best girl).

Overall, it was a great sequel and now I can't wait for Kara no Shoujo 3 (dat true ending ;-;).

I cant stop crying after watching the true end of Kara no Shoujo 2.

I think that it was predictable what happened in the true ending, but it doesnt stop me of being sad.

The only thing that didnt like was that you dont have the sense of "danger" you had in the first game. It was such a dark game that it was incredible. But aside from this, it was a great game.

Edited by delapropia

I cant stop crying after watching the true end of Kara no Shoujo 2.

I think that it was predictable what happened in the true ending, but it doesnt stop me of being sad.

The only thing that didnt like was that you dont have the sense of "danger" you had in the first game. It was such a dark game that it was incredible. But aside from this, it was a great game.

The true end had me depressed so I had to go watch an anime to distract me. It was Kara no Kyoukai so it didn't help in the slightest cause I bawled at the ending to it.

I loved it. Really wish more vn's were like it. TBH I can overlook a lot of problems in KnS simply because I love the setting, artwork and soundtrack so much. I think on the whole its a better game than the first, even if it didn't have quite as big an emotional impact on me. It does feel like two games spliced into one, in both good and bad ways.

The era's contrast well, the Hitogata settlement is so creepy in the first part - the curse almost feels real, yet when Ayato returns (with his war-trained strangle hands) the mystique is appropriately diminished. The cause and effect of choices and map movement can be a bit random (stalking Ouba Academy) but on the whole I love being Reiji with his badass notebook. Yaginuma seems to have gone a bit soft though.

The Karen murders do lack both the impact and mystery of the first game. Obviously its more about why than who/how, which is fine, although a lot of the deepest threads are still unanswered, especially in regard to Hinnagami Pharmaceuticals and Naori. What exactly were Yuzuru and Shizuru's roles, particularly in the death of Kawase but also more generally. Did Yuzuru put her to sleep? Was Shizuru discussing with Saya who to kill when Karen overheard or something else? Exactly how much more did Naori know than his peers about the curse, Sawashiro's abuse etc? How much of a functional relationship between HP and Naori remains; Yuzuru claims no contact in years, yet he runs some sort of extreme amputee maternity ward cum unlicensed graveyard out of the company retreat? Not to mention the documented dosing of orphans with HP research drugs at the cult that employs him. (And now he has your baby...)

I know a lot of these things are deliberate set-up for the third installment, it just grates my mind a bit. Not as bad as the end of the first at least.

Edited by MrP
formatting

I bet Masaki will not refuse his grandpa if he know he had a kid. hope he know he had a kid in next game. he always out of the loop.

This game should have name Kara no shoujo cartagra chapter. we will never know any reference if MG not release cartagra before this game.

Where Hatsune? no one in the game ever mention her.

I bet Masaki will not refuse his grandpa if he know he had a kid. hope he know he had a kid in next game. he always out of the loop.

This game should have name Kara no shoujo cartagra chapter. we will never know any reference if MG not release cartagra before this game.

Where Hatsune? no one in the game ever mention her.

True. She just disappeared and was never mentioned in the slightest.

I loved it. Really wish more vn's were like it. TBH I can overlook a lot of problems in KnS simply because I love the setting, artwork and soundtrack so much. I think on the whole its a better game than the first, even if it didn't have quite as big an emotional impact on me. It does feel like two games spliced into one, in both good and bad ways.

Hidden Content

I know a lot of these things are deliberate set-up for the third installment, it just grates my mind a bit. Not as bad as the end of the first at least.

I saw that Karen was the killer right after Yuka was murdered. It was a little too predictable, but how they figured out everything else was incredibly entertaining. I don't really think NaorI will be that great of a villain, but we'll have to see for the next game.

Hatsune probably moved back to her adopted mother,with all the murders happened and Shugo is with his wife there is no need for her to be there.Kyoko did mention her once.

Masaki I don't give a shit attitude is weird,nearly all of his family/friends either involved or died and I've never seen him showing anger nor sadness.His interaction with Michiru is the only thing that felt normal,I wouldn't surprise if he tries to kill himself again.

Hearing male voice during h-scene is super uncomfortable,I finally relized how fake they were

Did anyone had a problem with getting throuh 8 Jan without Yukiko leaving school with "man in white" and get to 4th ending? I followed this walkthrough https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P1vFaVBaKvQDwOoa0PiJQibgKokAQvwTm56Cqf_Of3M/edit but i get 3-rd ending (Holy prophet). I tried to change choise at 1/5 to Inokashira park, but got 3rd ending again. What I may have done wrong?

Hatsune probably moved back to her adopted mother,with all the murders happened and Shugo is with his wife there is no need for her to be there.Kyoko did mention her once.

Masaki I don't give a shit attitude is weird,nearly all of his family/friends either involved or died and I've never seen him showing anger nor sadness.His interaction with Michiru is the only thing that felt normal,I wouldn't surprise if he tries to kill himself again.

Hearing male voice during h-scene is super uncomfortable,I finally relized how fake they were

The h scenes in Kara No Shoujo are complete shit and don't add to the story. That's always a problem I've had with this series. It's still an awesome series though.

Did anyone had a problem with getting throuh 8 Jan without Yukiko leaving school with "man in white" and get to 4th ending? I followed this walkthrough https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P1vFaVBaKvQDwOoa0PiJQibgKokAQvwTm56Cqf_Of3M/edit but i get 3-rd ending (Holy prophet). I tried to change choise at 1/5 to Inokashira park, but got 3rd ending again. What I may have done wrong?

This is all correct, she leaves school in any case, all goes same as "Holy prophet" story till the last CG (where she is in white clothes performs as Holy prophet). In Karen ending (4th) this does not happen and story continues. Seems you switched off the game too early.

Hatsune was never mentioned by name. Only mention I remember was:

#Kyoko
"It's the same as always. I'm on my own right now, so it's better like this, anyway."

In previous years, she'd found some employees through her connections.

What bother me most of all is that how, HOW

two COMPLETELY unrelated girls, who have different fathers and mothers could look so identical that even her lover(!) cannot see the difference! that's just bullshit! if they were identical twins, this would be believable, but that?? nonsense. and very disappointing, that on this nonsense whole story is built. 

Edited by Scorp

The h scenes in Kara No Shoujo are complete shit and don't add to the story. That's always a problem I've had with this series. It's still an awesome series though.

People play KnS for the H-scenes? I play it for the blood bath. :holo: 

People play KnS for the H-scenes? I play it for the blood bath. :holo: 

I'm the same as you. I hate that there's useless h scenes in a novel which is carried by the awesome mystery.

I disagree. Most of them really add depth to the story (not that they really should be written so lame, but the fact itself and sometime fondness like in ayato scene add more attachement to the characters and understanding of their feelings). All scenes in the old times were important for character development (especially the group sex scene), scene with Masaki in present days also make further events more painful to bear... But Reiji ruined almost all scenes he were in :) Maybe except last one.

Anyway, as most people here said, KnS2 is better in terms of plot development. KnS1 was really like one ridiculous bloodbath situation after another, then you see episodic character for like 2 hours to have her killed, and no other way. I liked a lot that in KnS2 you REALLY could be in time if you do not waste it on unneeded visits and stuff, that's was a real improvement. Also story became less "and here suddenly killer jumps out of the bushes and kills another girlfriend, and if not a killer - then driver would certainly kill someone, so no matter what - constant bloodbath every hour" (e.g. thriller I believe) and finally transformed into detective-wise plot, where I could finally believe, that Reiji really could do detective work (comparing to KnS1 his detective skills improved a LOT, indeed. seems without Uozumi he had no other choice to please Yaginuma than to start using brain cells :)).

Music and gfx are piece of art, definitely. Sugina Miki found his gold standard, almost every CG is a pleasure to look at (apart some ugly Tokisaka face in weird angles), "winter is here" feel was almost physical. Story is also better, than in KnS1 or in Cartagra, but if you wanted mindless, but variable bloodshed - seems would be a bit disappointed, it is less extreme than was in KnS1 by me.

Voted 8 from 10. Not 9, because of really messy explanations for all killer motives (means, we do not get any backgrounds to built-in anything on them. where came? how this happened that such twisted motive came into the head?) and stupidity mentioned above.

I disagree. Most of them really add depth to the story (not that they really should be written so lame, but the fact itself and sometime fondness like in ayato scene add more attachement to the characters and understanding of their feelings). All scenes in the old times were important for character development (especially the group sex scene), scene with Masaki in present days also make further events more painful to bear... But Reiji ruined almost all scenes he were in :) Maybe except last one.

Anyway, as most people here said, KnS2 is better in terms of plot development. First one was really one ridiculous situation with bloodbath after another, you see episodic character for like 2 hours to have her killed, and no other way. I liked a lot that in KnS2 you REALLY could be in time if you do not waste it on unneeded visits and stuff, that's was a real improvement. Also story became less "and here suddenly killer jumps out of the bushes and kills another girlfriend, and if not a killer - then driver would certainly kill someone, so no matter what - constant bloodbath every hour" (e.g. thriller I believe) and finally transformed into detective-wise plot, where I could finally believe, that Reiji really could do detective work (comparing to KnS1 his detective skills improved a LOT, indeed. seems without Uozumi he had no other choice to please Yaginuma than to start using brain cells :)).

Music and gfx are piece of art, definitely. Sugina Miki found his gold standard, almost every CG is a pleasure to look at (apart some ugly Tokisaka face in weird angles), "winter is here" feel was almost physical. Story is also better, than in KnS1 or in Cartagra, but if you wanted mindless, but variable bloodshed - seems would be a bit disappointed, it is less extreme than was in KnS1 by me.

Voted 8 from 10. Not 9, because of really messy explanations for all killer motives (means, we do not get any backgrounds to built-in anything on them. where came? how this happened that such twisted motive came into the head?) and mentioned above the stupidity.

Anyway, as most people here said, KnS2 is better in terms of plot development. First one was really one ridiculous situation with bloodbath after another, you see episodic character for like 2 hours to have her killed, and no other way. I liked a lot that in KnS2 you REALLY could be in time if you do not waste it on unneeded visits and stuff, that's was a real improvement. Also story became less "and here suddenly killer jumps out of the bushes and kills another girlfriend, and if not a killer - then driver would certainly kill someone, so no matter what - constant bloodbath every hour" (e.g. thriller I believe) and finally transformed into detective-wise plot, where I could finally believe, that Reiji really could do detective work (comparing to KnS1 his detective skills improved a LOT, indeed. seems without Uozumi he had no other choice to please Yaginuma than to start using brain cells :)).

Voted 8 from 10. Not 9, because of really messy explanations for all killer motives (means, we do not get any backgrounds to built-in anything on them. where came? how this happened that such twisted motive came into the head?) and mentioned above the stupidity.

I was blinded to a lot of this games problems because my enjoyment of the game was so massive, but I do agree with a lot of the positive things you said. I'd still rate this game a 9 out of 10.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading, and although I didn't cry, I feel very sad because of what happened to her :<

One thing that I hated in this game, and maybe I didn't realize before, is how many coincidences we have through the story. We never had any characters from the settlement before, but then, in the same year, almost every one of them start living in Tokyo and meet eachother - and even have relations to the other games. The whole Ayako got a child, changed her name and PERSONALITY, with the same doctor who destroyd Reiji's life and then her daughter and Masaki's, who seems to be the only patient from the hospital, is totally related to the girl who has different personalities and etc etc.

We also can't forget how EVERYONE in Tokyo is adopted. 2/3 of the cast, at least.