Kara No Shoujo 2 Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

VirginSmasher

Does the series continue in a utsuge fashion where the loss of Toko made Reiji unable to love another? I really can't stand utsuge, but if he picks himself up and gets on with his life somewhere during the story then i'd be willing to read the second. Reading an super depressed Reiji for a whole vn doesn't sound all too appealing. I know romance was never the main focus, but it was a bit part of it towards the end of the first.

3 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Does the series continue in a utsuge fashion where the loss of Toko made Reiji unable to love another? I really can't stand utsuge, but if he picks himself up and gets on with his life somewhere during the story then i'd be willing to read the second. Reading an super depressed Reiji for a whole vn doesn't sound all too appealing. I know romance was never the main focus, but it was a bit part of it towards the end of the first.

I would say that Toko's story is only a little part of KnS 2. However, there is a quote from Dante (just don't remember was it from part 1 or 2) which sounds like this "Abandon all hope all those who came here". This more or less summarize KnS series so far. From my personal point of view, KnS 2 was more depressing and disturbing than original.

5 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

He's pretty close to Kyouko in KnS2. She also had a route in the first one.

IMHO Reiji's liaison with Toko always felt more like an affair than true love anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILERS AHEAD

Well, I just finished this VN. I have very conflicting feelings about it mostly because of a few issues in the story I did not agree with.

While I did enjoy the past story and the new characters that story line introduced, I did not like how Ayako was handled in the present story line. Yes, I know she had her personality changed and decided to live as Fuyumi, however, she seems a bit selfish now and only cares about her own happiness.  Maybe I'm mostly upset because I wanted her and Ayato to somehow become a couple again and am a bit bitter about it.

I also didn't like Yukiko anywhere as much as Toko, and am very upset with the true Toko end, even though it was obvious she wouldn't be found alive.

Overall though it was a very good VN, excellent writing and characters. A few issues hold it back imo, which make it not as good as KnS 1

Edited by t-elos

• 1 year later...

Since I've read KnS2 just before the 3rd game is coming out thought I'm going to revive this place.  

Was great a great read overall even if the 1940 part of the story took very long to take off (partially because we got extra depth to the Kuchiki siblings)

I thought I'd share a theory i had after witnessing the true ending, keep in mind if I'm right it could be huge spoiler for KNS last episode 

Spoiler

I think Toko is not dead.

1. We see Skeleton without limbs in the grave, hovewer in the first game we see Rokushiki Makoto giving the original Kara no Shoujo (Misa) to Mamiya Shinji, however it is never explained what happened to Misa's body afterwards. Where is the second torso if the body in grave belongs to Toko.

2. When Reiji enters inside the cottage he sees medical records of Naori taking care of Toko's pregnacy however it is explicitly mentioned that there is no new medical records, why would Naori take them with him if Toko was dead.

3. In the obsession ending Toko wears a red sweater that she never had before, this one is a stretch but in christianity red can symbolize ressurection, though you could argue that this is part of Reiji's delusion.

4. I can't explain why in his delusion she goes to Italy before marrying Reiji, maby it will have something to do with the 3rd game.

Also can someone explain what is the identity of creepy guy selling Takoyaki? Was he some kind of joke? Was that Shugo? 

1 hour ago, oniichanmk7 said:

Also can someone explain what is the identity of creepy guy selling Takoyaki? Was he some kind of joke? Was that Shugo? 

This goes way back to Cartagra. He can be considered an insider... maybe not joke, but a humorous acquaintance.

Besides that...

Spoiler

I sincerely hope Toko is dead. The poor girl suffered enough. :(

Edited by ChaosRaven

20 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

This goes way back to Cartagra. He can be considered an insider... maybe not joke, but a humorous acquaintance.

Besides that...

Reveal hidden contents

I sincerely hope Toko is dead. The poor girl suffered enough. :(

So people having a rough life should just die instead of holding out in the hopes of finding happiness?