Kara No Shoujo 2 Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

VirginSmasher

If you read first one - THAT one is what you call "coincidence train". Killer always take the girls right from the dinner table, even when he knows the detective is there and no one could find him (obv, it is so hard to understand, I get who is the killer first time he appeared), while killer himself take girls just by mere coincidence (of course). And we would not forget the shit which hitted the fan in the last part of the game - everyone is connected to everyone, absence of blood (wtf, Bombay blood type??? 0,0004 % of WHOLE WORLD popularity have this type! coincidence? in post-war small Japan?? yeah, very believeable. also what about truck? and insanity of everyone (actually, all the cast have mental illness in one or another form, that's just plainly idiotic)).

So, really. KnS2 is a huge step forward, if you compare it with first. Author started to develop less ridiculous scenes and more believeable detective story.

Can someone help me in getting the true ending? I can only get the normal ending.

http://www.otakulair.com/kara-no-shojo-the-second-episode-walkthrough-mangagamer/

I tried following this guide twice and I still only get the normal ending.

I made sure not to have sex with any of the girls and claimed Michiru's disappearance was abduction so I don't understand why I only get normal ending each time.

Help!

Can someone help me in getting the true ending? I can only get the normal ending.

http://www.otakulair.com/kara-no-shojo-the-second-episode-walkthrough-mangagamer/

I tried following this guide twice and I still only get the normal ending.

I made sure not to have sex with any of the girls and claimed Michiru's disappearance was abduction so I don't understand why I only get normal ending each time.

Help!

Did you got Bad End 2: To Search for Toko? This is required to get a true ending route.

Honestly, reading the first Kara no Shoujo I wasn't paying that much of attention to the flaws of it. I was reading it for the hype and all, and maybe that is why I only had problems on the second game.

And I'm still waiting for a true motive [and maybe killer] to Karen's killings, since "I love my brother" isn't very credible to me.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I just found out that trial to Kara Second is a completly new content, taking place few days before main game. Downloading right now. Anybody read it?
https://vndb.org/r41657

I didn't play it for fear of spoiling myself even if the content wasn't in the game just to make sure. I may go back to it once I'm finished Ever17.

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I didn't play it for fear of spoiling myself even if the content wasn't in the game just to make sure. I may go back to it once I'm finished Ever17.

Glad we didn't read this before main game. It's pretty spoilerish, and reveal conotations between characters, that are revealed much latter in the game. Also it simply announces most of the main cast, while main game does it again, but in much better way.

But still - it was nice to came back to thiv world again, just for a while. :)

30 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Glad we didn't read this before main game. It's pretty spoilerish, and reveal conotations between characters, that are revealed much latter in the game. Also it simply announces most of the main cast, while main game does it again, but in much better way.

But still - it was nice to came back to thiv world again, just for a while. :)

I'm glad I made the decision to avoid it then.

About the demo, yes I read it and I wrote my impression about demo in VNDB. Now, since vorathiel said that the demo contain the spoiler for main game (I didn't had problem with read spoiler though), I'll put it in spoiler box. Below are my impression from demo that I wrote back in VNDB.

Spoiler

The story is Masaki is doing usual therapy with his nurse Mayu and she was grateful enough that he choose not to leave hospital. By the way the hospital is get caught with some case from KnS 1 iirc.

The story is get spike turn when Mayu find out Masayuki wallet and she was about to return his wallet. Actually there is more reason. The reason is to find out that if he know Mayu's mother because she find out that she had the photo of the man who is like Masaki. Mayu and Masaki met and the visit didn't end well because apparently Masaki very hate the man from the photo and he chase out Mayu (Although there is may side effect of the sleeping medicine that Masaki take though).

That night, Mayu is did her most fatal mistake in her life, opening the door without asking first (Then again she maybe still feeling guilty about Masaki) and the person is paralyzing her. From now on the person is trying to using Mayu as the media for art that was about to create. The theme is apparently called "Crucifixion of the Pregnant Woman". In case you didn't understand, the person killed Mayu by repeatedly stabbing her than fill her stomach with a baby from clay, sewing her, than crucifix her using hanger. Well, RIP Mayu and I did quite like her actually.

Oh and Masaki is arrested because one person is saw Mayu argue with Masaki. Anyway the handsome and quite slick detective is back from Kara no Shoujo 1. Yaginuma is called Reiji for help. For the investigation, this time looks like far more simple than last game imo. And Uozomi is assigned far from Tokyo apparently according to the letter that Kyouko received. Reiji is still try to find out where is Touko that he apparently almost never going home and let Yukari alone.

In any case, Yukari get Kohane as new friend who replaced Tojiko and new mysterious girl called Yukiko. And apparently Yukiko couldn't cook a rice and picky eater. Interestingly, her mother Fuyumi is according to Yukiko more like elder room mate and Yukiko also like to read very slowly.

Well, I've already read the spoiler, and looks like it will be more linear than Kara no Shoujo. No I didn't say linear is bad of course. And from here there are some mystery that could connect to the spoiler. Here they are:
1. Who is the man in Mayu's photo?
2. What's the connection between curse and Mayu's murder?
3. Who is the Miko and the accomplice? Something like the Miko is onee-sama from the accomplice?
4. Is the doll from demo's end could talk or the owner of the doll talk to herself?

In any case, looking forward to the full version. And looks like the demo is still relevant because it's containing the story that wasn't in full version. And way to go IG for make Posthumous Character like Mayu because I heard in full version it was only mentioned that Mayu is dead.

And for the impression of the game, it's quite nice that they made chapter title based on 7 sins. For the discussion, it's surprisingly quite lack considering this is one of hyped release from Mangagamer back in 2015. I think I'll write my impression later.

That's all for now.

10 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I just found out that trial to Kara Second is a completly new content, taking place few days before main game. Downloading right now. Anybody read it?
https://vndb.org/r41657

I read it prior to main game. It do not have any real spoilers (at least I got immediate impression about Ayato connection first time I saw him, as he have a distinct character design) and actually game assumes you played that prior to the game. This remainds me about KnS1 trial, which was never translated in english. I will do a conversion one day, will see, if anyone would like to translate...

• 2 months later...

Hello ppl ;)

Today i finished KnS 2, i mean i won all the endings and it took some time but... This game was/is awesome, grapic, scenary, OST and characters - everyting was great. 

I think the True End is the worst but i don't know why i very like "Two Yukaris" ending. I'm sorry about Karen becouse her feelings for Ayato were cute...

53 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

True End the worst? Wow, first time I see opinion like that, thought that everobody have a bittersweet love for this ending. ;P

And that ending you mentioned is the best 'side end' in whole series. Gave me chills. :D

Czyżby Polak? xD

Ekm..

Maybe not worst but a lot happened there and I was little sad, i dont know how how say it :/

It's bad there wasn't the scene where Reiji took Yukiko to his home, it could be interesting ^_^

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed this one. The graphic style in this series I liked more than any other (yet), the story is well executed and the soundtrack complemented the atmosphere perfectly instead of just being BGM noise.

Spoiler

Can't say I didn't see the True End coming, but I held onto a tiny hope that at least something good for ol' Reiji would come out of the whole mess. No Toko, Mamiya Shinji too axed in the head to get asked questions, no clues, no kid. Guess the sun don't shine that often in Tokisaka land.

As for the True End, it left me with that special gaping void you sometimes feel after reading a good story. Nuff said. Furthermore, the Obsession ending was a brilliant idea, I liked the careful-what-you-wish-for moment, and it really felt like a finger in the face dedicated to anyone expecting a happy end whatsoever. And, yeah, I see the biggest problems I've had with the story were already mentioned here- that children-from-the-same-mother-and-different-fathers-yet-still-identical-twins thing, and Karen's motives which were weak at best, and definitely not enough elaborated upon. If you go for the whodunit approach, give us the juicy details at least. All in all, KnS 2 scores pretty damn high in my book, and I'll be waiting for KnS 3 with bated breath, hoping Tokisaka doesn't die of lung cancer or go to Rokushiki for therapy in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have it installed and finished right now? I don't, so I'm asking.
I need a screen from credits roll, screen that is listing Mangagamer staff.

I would really like to know who is responbsible for this awesome translation and couldn't find the news on net.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

I would really like to know who is responbsible for this awesome translation and couldn't find the news on net.

bad end from MangaGamer translated it. Just think of how good the name fits... :holo:

Edit: And yeah, if you need more info about the projects of MG's individual staff members, you can just look at their staff page;)

• 1 month later...

Well I finally decided to play this VN.  It's pretty good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

The first game had a more dark tone and was semi horror like, while this one doesn't have that element.  I never felt on edge while reading through this, also because the villains were too obvious.  Not much suspense if you already know who's the culprit.

Also felt this game had way too many characters.  I started to lose track who is who and was losing interest because of it. 

I'm going to guess Reiji will be with Kyoko and Masaki will be with Yukari in the end.

• 1 year later...

Just finished 2 days ago.

Yukiko was okay. The mean reason why Toko was so better because Toko can command a scene. I mean Fuyumi, Yukiko's adoptive mother clearly was more interesting than her own daughter. She always made me laugh before and after her drama. Yukiko is too shy, and when she isn't, She NEVER SAYS ANYTHING IMPORTANT. Remember, when she took Yukari back to the orphanage, I was expecting a hefty long flashback of her childhood since she was about to remember everything, but nope. I mean they were doing experiments at the orphanage, but why did that lead to them having a group suicide. How did Yukiko and Kohane lived through that? Why did Yukiko lose her memories?  Did I miss something there? I knew michiru came after the group suicide.  The flashback in the first Kara no shoujo resolved a good chuck of all lose ends.

So. nobody is going to mention that Kara no Shoujo makes Avengers-style jokes? I mean, I was laughing a lot more this time around than I was with the first entry. Oddly enough, I forgot this was supposed to be a horror. Oh well. But I knew it Karen the moment she killed Meguri because  the line "I knew she always like fashion" gave it away. It narrowed it down to who could've done it. Like it had to be a friend of hers. However, When Yuka was killed. I was thrown off my rocker for a bit. But still. It wasn't that hard to pin the blame on Karen, especially after the "set the trap" choice.

I am sad that Uzomi and Shugo are just gone.

I was also expecting the old man to play some role in the plot somehow. Kinda like what Paris did in the first Kara no Shoujo.

All in all, this solidified the fact that Yukari is waifu material. This VN made me appreciate how well-crafted her character is.

If Yukari had died in the true end, I would've been exactly like Reiji after found Toko and changed my display name to "sadness-" for the next few days.

Edited by Happiness+
Clarity