G-Senjou no Maou: Fan TL vs Sekai TL

monkeysrumble

Actually no it isn’t, the precedent for an assumed unchanged release is well established and has been for a long time. In comparison, the precedent for an assumed no mosaic release is really only been established and adhered to by MangaGamer, so the precedent is dubious at best.

Sorry Rooke, you're wrong.  Demosaicing Japanese eroge for English release is a long-standing tradition that's been around since at least the early 2000's.  JAST USA has been doing demosaiced releases as long as I've been following them (since 2001).  G-Collections started out with mosaiced releases, but quickly switched to demosaiced releases.  MangaGamer is the first localization company I know of to buck the trend and actually release eroge in English WITH mosaics (and persist in doing so even after customers complained).  Sekai Project stuck with mosaiced releases because adult games aren't their main business and they can't be bothered to go the extra mile for a market they don't really care about.

Conversely, JAST actually set an early precedent for making content cuts (generally excising loli content) without telling customers.  Then the Family Project release happened and forum members went ballistic, and they finally pledged to notify forum members of any changes (but not customers).  Likewise, Hirameki never notified customers that they were releasing cut eroge (as informed as *I* was, I bought games of their's without knowing this myself).  Nutaku has cut loli content from several releases without telling anyone.  Companies release cut eroge on Steam without notifying customers.  The tradition in the VN market is clearly NOT to notify customers when there's content cuts.

Not gonna go through much detail, but MangaGamer does do the genital drawings, but it depends on what the contract they have with the company says (Either the original artist will draw it, or one us will instead).

Do you work for MangaGamer?

Edited by sanahtlig

Sekai Project stuck with mosaiced releases because adult games aren't their main business and they can't be bothered to go the extra mile for a market they don't really care about.

Not gonna go through much detail, but MangaGamer does do the genital drawings, but it depends on what the contract they have with the company says (Either the original artist will draw it, or one us will instead).

Do you work for MangaGamer?

Sekai project has only done like two 18+ releases, I wouldn't judge them as having a stance or anything. The grisaia didn't get unmosaiced because the uncensored drawings didn't exist, and I doubt Frontwing had the time to do anything to get them back in, seeing as it took them fuck knows how long to fix a few bugs for the 18+ release.

Also, I'm pretty sure he does work for Mangagamer as a matter of fact.