Male lead visual novels that have next to nothing to do with school.

Vulture

As fun as it is seeing multiple variants of school hallways as backgrounds and having most of the cast wear the exact same uniform, I've always found it more exciting when the plots of visual novels go beyond the schoolgrounds. And whilst I know a good chunk of Otomes that take place outside of school, I'm not quite aware of many male lead visual novels that aren't in school, outside of a few like Phoenix Wright, Zero Escape, Infinity and Umineko.

Basically i'm asking here for visual novels with a male lead that have little to no high school focus. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :illya:

Some titles that I have read that doesn't take place in school/aren't focused on the school.

• Aiyoku no Eustia (Untranslated)
  • Eden*
  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Forest
  • Kara no Shoujo
  • Kikokugai
  • Muv-Luv Alternative
  • Narcissu
  • Planetarian
  • Saya no Uta
  • Sekien no Inganock
  • Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (Only set in school in the first chapter)
  • Shikkoku no Sharnoth (Female lead but not Otome)
  • True Remembrance
  • Utawarerumono
  • Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen (Untranslated)

FSN is definitely focused on school. They go in school every day, at least 40% of scenes happen at school and protag is in high school...

I would say most of Nitroplus games (apart seems Chaos Head and maybe something else, which I did not read) do not have schools in it: https://vndb.org/p42

FSN is definitely not focused on school, the school scenes stop quite early in both Fate and UBW and HF has almost no school scenes at all. There are more school scenes than most of my other suggestions but to say that it's focused on school or that 40% of the scenes take place there just isn't true.

FSN have definitive school feel, protag is in high school, his friends are from same school, they are going in school in lot of scenes, and lot of scenes happen in school as well. I do not think that FNS fit definition "Male lead visual novels that have next to nothing to do with school". But I did not counted exact number of school scenes, so maybe 40% is not entirely correct, anyway does not change the fact it have a school feel.

I second Swan Song, but there is still a ruined school sports hall (do not think that this counts anyway).

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but I kind of realized I was asking the wrong way.

I realized just now that I was more asking for Male lead heroine based visual novels that don't take place in school. Probably should have remembered to mention that, sorry.