Muv-Luv [Extra/Unlimited] (SOLVED)

I'm currently playing Muv-Luv Alternative (freaking awesome VN), already read what happened in Muv-Luv (the main storylines) but haven't played it. I want to play Muv-Luv. So let's get down to my problem.

I have Windows 7, 64-bit. I have the Fuwa version of this game, and I believe I have another version which is the same one like Fuwa. Both give me different errors. I want to start with the first one because I think this is easier to solve.

iAIffTkkqMiKd.jpg

What does this thing say? What should I do?

It says something about not being able to find the data.

You have to install extra before unlimited. Did you do that?

I have installed this via the second option from the folder, which promoted me to install Extra and Unlimited.

Yes, my computer has been Japanese uni-coded since the first day of this OS.

--

So it's not able to find the data ... I have installed this several times, in different ways. Has anyone installed Muv-Luv on Windows 7 / 64-bit? I would appreciate it if anyone has, or if anyone is willing to try and figure out how to do it. I've tried about a year ago and it never worked, and now I'm trying again. I've uninstalled, erased, re-installed ... I just want to play this game. Please help me out.

Thank you.

If you have installed / uninstalled it several times already you might have messed up registry entries. Run the uninstaller, delete the whole Muv-Luv folder and clean the registry.

If you haven't used registry editor before start it by writing regedit to your start menu search. Look for registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\relic UGP Applications and delete that.

After this do a complete reinstall following the instructions. (Mount extra, run patch installer, mount unlimited, play).

I have installed this via the second option from the folder, which promoted me to install Extra and Unlimited.

Yes, my computer has been Japanese uni-coded since the first day of this OS.

--

So it's not able to find the data ... I have installed this several times, in different ways. Has anyone installed Muv-Luv on Windows 7 / 64-bit? I would appreciate it if anyone has, or if anyone is willing to try and figure out how to do it. I've tried about a year ago and it never worked, and now I'm trying again. I've uninstalled, erased, re-installed ... I just want to play this game. Please help me out.

Thank you.

I have installed it on a 64 bit windows 7 so it definitely works on that. I don't recall having any problems so the OS definitely isn't the issue.

I didn't install unlimited until I had finished extra though.

EDIT:You're not running Rugp.exe to play the game are you? That's only the engine not the game itself.

You're supposed to run マブラヴ11.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works fine so I'll write down what I did.

I'm not using the fuwa version (I torrented it before fuwanovel opened) but I checked the contents of the fuwa torrent and it seems to be the same.

CTtQQu8.png

Okay mount MUVLUV_EXTRA.ccd and run setup.exe

b3HzxaG.png

Choose install.

jmG1mew.png

You shouldn't need to fiddle with these.

yIOY8If.png

Choose directory. I used E:\Program (x86)\age\マブラヴ11

I don't know if installing it in another folder than マブラヴ11 can affect anything.

Also I found out that my current antivirus hates muv-luv (was running another program when I installed it the last time) so make exceptions in your antivirus for BOTH the exe file on the disc (In my case it's F:\マブラヴ11.exe) and the directory you're installing it in (E:\Program (x86)\age\マブラヴ11 in my case) Otherwise your antivirus may delete files so it won't install correctly.

It should install now. It might show an error message when it's done but ignore it.

X25b95r.png

Run the english patch. Install the game and extras if you want them (i have always used therm so I don't know if ignoring them affects anything).

1DGdqzj.png

Make sure this is the same directory you installed it in originally.

QBqu0s5.png

Choose to run it.

repzrsB.png

This should pop up. Let it be.

Then the VN should start.

But what about Unlimited?

You can ignore Unlimited completly right now. Extra is playable by itself. Once you're done with Extra and start Unlimited it will ask for the disk. Install it then.

If you have installed / uninstalled it several times already you might have messed up registry entries. Run the uninstaller, delete the whole Muv-Luv folder and clean the registry.

If you haven't used registry editor before start it by writing regedit to your start menu search. Look for registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\relic UGP Applications and delete that.

After this do a complete reinstall following the instructions. (Mount extra, run patch installer, mount unlimited, play).

I uninstalled it. Went to regedit and this is what I have:

iG41jyeDVBz6p.jpg

I have two other games as you can see - Muv Luv Alternative, and KgNE ~ LE. Muv Luv isn't present (at least from what I can tell).

@ Beato - Gonna do what you did and see if that'll work.

Edit 1 - Alright ... FUCK YEA IT WORKED! So it wasn't in the registry, I uninstalled Muv-Luv ... then I went to the Control Panel just out of curiosity and there was Muv Luv DVD 1.0 or something - I believe it's that NoPatch DVD application (I believe I installed it few years ago when I tried to play it, thinking it will allow me to play it without DVD ... ha). I uninstalled that one, too. Then I did follow your steps and ... it's working! Woohoooo!!!! So to understand how the flow of the guide is in Muv-Luv Extra, in order to go for the certain female then you gotta eat her bentos and ... I think that's it. I'm only interested in Meiyu - I know I have to play Sumika as well in order to unlock Unlimited. Is Unlimited linear or are there choices to end up with someone? No spoilers please.

Ah ... so glad this is working.