Wanting to Order Japanese Goods from AmiAmi + Related Sites?

OriginalRen

As for someone, who lives in Middle Europe, I can state those hobbies are really expensive. One of the reasons you rarely see anyone collecting anime/manga merchandise around these corners, not to mention families are often against it as well because you're just wasting your hard earned money on "ridiculous plastic", instead making your life better, paying for education etc. etc.
I'm certain 15k yen a month isn't that much for a western salary, but here it's often a lot more than half of your monthly pay and that's just an average cost of buying and importing a single quality figure (import tax not included). Hell, I just bought a Tibalta figure and for that money, I could as well buy myself a new decent 1080p monitor. You can guess what's more useful.

As for someone, who lives in Middle Europe, I can state those hobbies are really expensive. One of the reasons you rarely see anyone collecting anime/manga merchandise around these corners, not to mention families are often against it as well because you're just wasting your hard earned money on "ridiculous plastic", instead making your life better, paying for education etc. etc.
I'm certain 15k yen a month isn't that much for a western salary, but here it's often a lot more than half of your monthly pay and that's just an average cost of buying and importing a single quality figure (import tax not included). Hell, I just bought a Tibalta figure and for that money, I could as well buy myself a new decent 1080p monitor. You can guess what's more useful.

Not including taxes :sachi: (also not mine)

kMtzC.png

Those are some spooky shipping costs.

kMtzC.png

Yup, I ordered that same figure without the soft bust. My shipping cost 500 yen. :Teeku:

To be fair, every hobby is worthless. Women who buy a lot of purses and shoes, people who purchase millions of games on Steam when sales hit, all of it isn't "needed." My belief is that as long as it makes you happy, enjoy it, but also learn to control it.

But let's be honest, you can never control it. :Teeku:

I need some way to ship all the manga/books I bought back to the US.
(I haven't counted recently, but last I checked, I had >600 vol and that was about half a year ago).
What, in your experience, would be the best way to accomplish this?

Damn, good luck :michiru:

(I haven't counted recently, but last I checked, I had >600 vol and that was about half a year ago).

Do you have Skype? I had to ship back 60+ figurines via shipping. PM me your name or sign into my TeamSpeak with the address below and we can chat!

ts3.fuwanovel.net

It's a different story with figurines, but in case of art and books, do you actually have light novels amongst them? If so, you can preety much expect trouble at the US customs, depending where you're trying to ship them, especially if some of the covers contain explicit/suggestive themes. With such a number of books, if they decide to check it out and find at least one book they won't like, you might be even charged for "alleged distribution" of said materials. Happened to the two people I know, although they definately weren't shipping even a tiny portion of your collection.

I like to repeat that, but it's best to not order/ship stuff from Japan in huge bulks, especially if you live in some kind of a mormon hole.

Yes, includes a lot of light novels, though I can't really think of anything with art that suggestive.
Manga, on the other hand... I may decide to leave behind Koe de Oshigoto, if that's the case. >_>

Don't take it as a given; the fact it happened to some, doesn't mean it will happen to you as well. Ultimately, you may consider burrying the most dangerous books deep at the bottom of the box and discourage anyone from trying to reach them as much as possible :makina:

Yes, includes a lot of light novels, though I can't really think of anything with art that suggestive.
Manga, on the other hand... I may decide to leave behind Koe de Oshigoto, if that's the case. >_>

Don't take it as a given; the fact it happened to some, doesn't mean it will happen to you as well. Ultimately, you may consider burrying the most dangerous books deep at the bottom of the box and discourage anyone from trying to reach them as much as possible :makina:

Right you should probably try regardless, afterall "Koe de Oshigoto" is pretty great, planning on getting the volumes whenever I go back to Japan.