Paris under terrorist attack

Kawasumi

There will be retaliation of some sort guaranteed especially when it involves terrorist attack of this caliber. Those Isis motherfuckers better dig the deepest hole they can hide in because nukes are about to come their way or at least armed and ready military forces. Also USA is always involved especially when it involves the Jihad or Isis.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

There will be retaliation of some sort guaranteed especially when it involves terrorist attack of this caliber. Those ISIS motherfuckers better dig the deepest hole they can hide in because nukes are about to come your way or at least armed and ready military forces.

What the hell, there will be no nuke, are you utterly mad? But yes, retaliation is to be expected, also, i know that he's an asshole, but for now, saving Bachar Al-Assad is the best way of action.

I was trying to be funny and sarcastic. lol

I lived half my life in the Philippines... the southern part where there is some serious terrorist activity organized by a group called Abu Sayyaf. I know what it feels like dealing with these bastard terrorists every single day.... Thankfully I'm in America now and I don't have to worry as much whether I'll get kidnapped and held for random or shot.

Trust me, the terrorist want us to live in despair and fear and the last thing we need is do that. That's just giving them what they want. Also, tightening the security doesn't work well with terrorist  after a serious terrorist attack. The deed has already been done. They usually only attack when everyone is lax and only after a long period has passed.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'm curious how France as a nation will respond to this.  If it turns out to be ISIS, will they invade Syria and Iraq with ground combat troops, much as the US invaded Afghanistan after the 2001 attack on New York City?  Will the US join them?  How will Russia and Iran respond?

I think the situation in the Middle East is about to become even more volatile.

USA Will be obliged to help France if they invade ISIS lands, because the 4th article of Nato is basically : we're under attack, send help.

This time, if it's confirmed that ISIS attacked, then there's a legitimity to attack ISIS.

That's not how it works.  It took a couple years for NATO to mobilize against Afghanistan after the bombing in New York City (though Britain and France did assist earlier than others).  There's no guarantee the US would assist an invasion of Iraq and Syria, especially given how sick the US public is of these Middle East entanglements, as well as Obama's unhawkish tendencies.  No doubt there would be a fierce public debate, especially with election season looming.  There is a general discontent with the lack of progress in rooting out ISIS.  It's not clear what the best strategy going forward is, even if there were public support for greater intervention.  A military assault would only be a band-aid.  It wouldn't solve the underlying issue, which is the power vacuum and the regional unrest.  Fighting terrorists is like a game of whack-a-mole.  The more you whack, the more pop up elsewhere.

The NATO treaty wasn't designed to deal with asymmetric attacks.  It was framed to oppose the Soviet bloc, and as such the treaties are focused on responses to attacks by nation-states.  In the case of Afghanistan, a reasonable argument could be made that the Afghani government of the time was obstructing justice.  But what about ISIS?  Is that even a state?  Is NATO obliged to involve itself whenever a terrorist attack hits a member?  What about Turkey's fight against Kurdish insurgents based in Iraq?  Is NATO obliged to help them too?  This situation is a lot more complicated than you seem to be acknowledging.

Edited by sanahtlig

The NATO treaty wasn't designed to deal with asymmetric attacks.  It was framed to oppose the Soviet bloc, and as such the treaties are focused on responses to attacks by nation-states.  In the case of Afghanistan, a reasonable argument could be made that the Afghani government of the time was obstructing justice.  But what about ISIS?  Is that even a state?  Is NATO obliged to involve itself whenever a terrorist attack hits a member?  What about Turkey's fight against Kurdish insurgents based in Iraq?  Is NATO obliged to help them too?  This situation is a lot more complicated than you seem to be acknowledging.

Well, yeah, but daech has a territory and borders, they have a government, they have an army they recognize themselves as a country.

There will be retaliation of some sort guaranteed especially when it involves terrorist attack of this caliber. Those ISIS motherfuckers better dig the deepest hole they can hide in because nukes are about to come your way or at least armed and ready military forces.

What the hell, there will be no nuke, are you utterly mad? But yes, retaliation is to be expected, also, i know that he's an asshole, but for now, saving Bachar Al-Assad is the best way of action.

i've been waiting any day now for Putin to launch the nuclear strike he's been talking about

i've been waiting any day now for Putin to launch the nuclear strike he's been talking about

No nuclear strike will happen and you know it. The radius is too big and it would also affect the innocent.

I feel so much shame to be french that I want to dig myself...

A bunch of kids that never listened their folk, this is who are at the head of my country (I am not even talking about our president who by far the worst we ever had). If we think about it, this kind of war happened in the past and ended with terrorits attack, so of course what happened yesterday was to be expected.

I am not even talking about the matchmaking with the german and stuff, but we can be sure now less and less people will come to france as tourist in the next month and maybe years, just like what happened in Egypt. I always wanted to leave this crazy country after my studies to live somewhere else like Quebec or Belgium, now I don't even have the courage to do that,  France always had problem like delinquency, murder, burning cars at the night etc etc (one look at Paris and you can see that the streets are full of trash etc etc ) No matter how you think about it, more and more country will despise the frenchs 

Edited by Kirashi

My carefully considered response to yesterday's attacks: I hugged my daughter. I made her favorite breakfast, and I read her favorite books to her. Then we went to the farmers' market, where and she and I danced in the grass while an old man played acoustic guitar for us.

This is what I can do. I will mourn the people we've lost. And I will love the people I can love. 

That's not how it works at all. If Putin would dare to use a nuclear weapon he would break the treaty between Russia and the US regarding the use of weapons of mass destruction, not to mention the fact that he would be trailed by the UN for crimes against humanity. This would most likely lead to a full trade embargo being placed upon his country by most of the western world, causing the Russian economy to collapse. So, no.

My deepest condolences to everyone who is affected by this tragedy.

My condolences for France and the French people. I hope you run this storm out. Meanwhile our vice prime minister was more worried about the environmental conference next month and tweeted it for everyone to see. Disgusting.

Best of luck. You handled the incident last year well and I think you can handle this too.

That's not how it works at all. If Putin would dare to use a nuclear weapon he would break the treaty between Russia and the US regarding the use of weapons of mass destruction, not to mention the fact that he would be trailed by the UN for crimes against humanity. This would most likely lead to a full trade embargo being placed upon his country by most of the western world, causing the Russian economy to collapse. So, no.

Pretty sure if Russia got attacked by Isis, there would be blood to pay. Putin isn't exactly an angel. That guy is pretty damn shady and makes people disappear. He will find a way to retaliate even without the use of nukes.

Not to sound insensitive, but it's good to be agnostic. I don't need to question any god why these things are happening nor do I need to waste my time praying for some miracle to happen. I try to deal with stuff I can control and if shit hits the fan, I'll do my best to get out of it before it gets dirty/out of hand. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

YEs in the article he said he was going to let them evacuate everyone and have a meeting to get permission to do it.

Edited by Justin579

There was a terrorist attack on Beirut now, this is really sad and alarming :( my condolences to all those lives that were lost there too.

It was actually before the one over here. It's a pretty bad example of how media and people in general don't care much about what happens there, nobody talked about it, at least not on a scale even close to the Paris events. No "safety check" on Facebook or Obama speech or w/e for them either, despite the 40+ dead. The Paris events are even more sad when you realize it's the everyday life of some Middle East countries.

There was a terrorist attack on Beirut now, this is really sad and alarming :( my condolences to all those lives that were lost there too.

It was actually before the one over here. It's a pretty bad example of how media and people in general don't care much about what happens there, nobody talked about it, at least not on a scale even close to the Paris events. No "safety check" on Facebook or Obama speech or w/e for them either, despite the 40+ dead. The Paris events are even more sad when you realize it's the everyday life of some Middle East countries.

Maybe it's because it's common life in Middle east that we don't really care about it.