Paris under terrorist attack

Kawasumi

So, can someone explain to me why Narcosis hasn't been banned for that? Doesn't this forum have some basic rules? Just editing his racist bigotry out doesn't really cut it if you ask me.

You want me banned, just because I used an innapropriate term, even though I apologised afterwards? For your information, people did far worse stuff in the past, including direct assaults. Ban me if you want, I couldn't care less to be honest. It's not my fault I'm seriously annoyed of this crap repeating over and over again.

In my opinion, there should be a direct rule that forbids any sort of sensitive political discussion on the forums. Nothing good ever comes out of these, least to say we don't really come here to talk about Obama, terrorists or China oppressing Tibet.

So, can someone explain to me why Narcosis hasn't been banned for that? Doesn't this forum have some basic rules? Just editing his racist bigotry out doesn't really cut it if you ask me.

You want me banned, just because I used an innapropriate term, even though I apologised afterwards? For your information, people did far worse stuff in the past, including direct assaults. Ban me if you want, I couldn't care less to be honest. It's not my fault I'm seriously annoyed of this crap repeating over and over again.

In my opinion, there should be a direct rule that forbids any sort of sensitive political discussion on the forums. Nothing good ever comes out of these.

Terrorist attacks aren't exactly politics you know...

In my opinion, there should be a direct rule that forbids any sort of sensitive political discussion on the forums. Nothing good ever comes out of these.

Aren't they? They are exactly that, just in a slightly different form. Terror starts where words cannot force changes anymore.

Aren't they? They are exactly that, just in a slightly different form. Terror starts where words cannot force changes anymore.

Terror starts when several assholes can't have their way and band up together to kill people in order to get some attention.

Terror starts when several assholes can't have their way and band up together to kill people in order to get some attention.

I thought it was for the virgin pussy?

God damn...just god fucking damn it.

As much as a discussion on this would be interesting there seems to be a lot of emotion in the air of various degrees. There's also just too little information on the incident to even form a reasonable opinion on the matter, as far as I know no one has even taken credit for the attack. I have no idea what Narcosis even said because it was censored before I even saw it so it could of been extremely racist but I'm sure he's feeling strong emotions on the matter just like everyone else. Best to mourn for the day, get some actual information on the matter at hand, and then we can all throw our opinions at each other.

Good luck France, you're a strong country and you can get through this. My condolences go out to anyone who has been affected by these attacks. :(

God damn...just god fucking damn it.

As much as a discussion on this would be interesting there seems to be a lot of emotion in the air of various degrees. There's also just too little information on the incident to even form a reasonable opinion on the matter, as far as I know no one has even taken credit for the attack. I have no idea what Narcosis even said because it was censored before I even saw it so it could of been extremely racist but I'm sure he's feeling strong emotions on the matter just like everyone else. Best to mourn for the day, get some actual information on the matter at hand, and then we can all throw our opinions at each other.

Good luck France, you're a strong country and you can get through this. My condolences go out to anyone who has been affected by these attacks. :(

Who else is it gonna be besides ISIS? There was a suicide bomber as well. I think it is pretty obvious.

Who else is it gonna be besides ISIS? There was a suicide bomber as well. I think it is pretty obvious.

I would bet money that it's ISIS but the skeptic in me won't fully make the assumption until someone actually takes credit or if reasonable evidence outside of the anecdotal is presented. Even if it's not ISIS it's probably some extremist group.

But it's probably just ISIS. 

Edited by monkeysrumble

Really sad to see this kind of things still happening almost on 2016 :( 

The calendar year really has nothing to do with things, the world is set up under a competition system with countries and belief systems always vying for dominance. And those who lose out will always harbor resentment and ill-feelings towards those who are victorious, and plot their downfall. The world has been comparatively peaceful during recent times because America has been so much more powerful than anything else they've been able to assert their dominance over the world and keep an order that's been relatively beneficial to the West and their beliefs. 'Modern culture' really has nothing to do with peace, and expect more upheaval to happen in the future :( 

I'd just like to say my thoughts are with the security detail and police that had to manage this affair. These people get a bad rap in society during peace times, and their mistakes get amplified in the media, but public order (and the ability to defend your country) are almost the most important things to a country and they have a very tough job on their hands. Tougher today, obviously. These guys do a magnificent job.

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone effected. 

Edited by Rooke

I know you all wanna be fair and not sound racist but we can conclusively agree that the modern day terrorists are majority Islamic background. We are NOT saying all Islams are terrorists, should die and go to hell altogether. Thats just wrong and we shouldnt label people that way.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I know you all wanna be fair and not sound racist but we can conclusively agree that terrorists are majority Islamic background. We are NOT saying all Islams are terrorists, should die and go to hell altogether. Thats just wrong and we shouldnt label people that way.

That is a very broad statement. Let me give you a few examples of how 'generalities' tend to be 'way off the mark'.

Firstly Christianity delved the depths of extremism and terrorism well before followers of Islam did. I believe the West removing religion from all aspects of power helped this sort of behaviour.

Secondly, in the not too distant past, England had a small IRA terrorist problem.

Thirdly, the Chinese and Russian States have eagerly delved into terrorism to promote an atheist attitude in the community, this is because communism requires a non-religious belief and these countries enforced it through terror and brutality. It's still going on in China I think, or it was until very recently anyway. Russia abandoned it a while ago, so yes even atheists have delved into terrorism.

And the list goes on and on. So no, most terrorists are not from an Islam background.

Edited by Rooke

I know you all wanna be fair and not sound racist but we can conclusively agree that the modern day terrorists are majority Islamic background. We are NOT saying all Islams are terrorists, should die and go to hell altogether. Thats just wrong and we shouldnt label people that way.

An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims.[1] If anything, that percentage is higher due to the rather arbitrary classification of terror attacks and a bias that may exist.

(I'd be fine with this discussion being turned into another topic if it seems appropriate.)

My condolences to those in France, especially in Paris. I pray that this will serve as more a unifying than dividing force.

I made a correction and changed it to "modern day" terrorists. Because we can clearly see in the year 2000 and onward, most large scale (over 100 deaths) terrorist attacks involve Islamic extremists, at least a good 80-90% of them.

We can look back at the past and we can say that terrorism existed across different religions and races. But RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, you can't really defend every Muslim/Islamic peoples as they are constantly being treated badly because of the fact that modern day terrorists are mostly of Islamic background. There will always be people who will be what you call "racist bigots" but the are merely acting on their emotions and observations.

Edited by CeruleanGamer