New Frontwing project - Island

Rose

I wonder if she has "hair"job scenes. Like really. her hair is more than enough to hide a human being in there.

I don't think this game is planned to be 18+ so no hair job scenes. Not that I'd really want to imagine what someone sticking their penis into that massive clump of hair would look like. 

I've seen all sorts of "jobs" like armpit, thigh, ear, thumb, sock, and even the eye. So the hair "job" seems pretty damn normal especially if it's one of the prominent assets in a heroine.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

You people disgust me. How can you call yourselves true otaku when you don't even realize the deep feelings HKNMY has. True otaku understand that 18+ developers are just perverts seeking money. As a YouTube video creator myself, I have done extensive research as to why this game is far superior. Don't be caught in the web of lies:

you can't be called a true Otaku if you don't value people's hard work and understanding. the way you used youtube as a scapegoat clearly tell us that you don't even realize what true anime is about.

you going to have to watch all the episodes of "He is an ultimate teacher" to understand true Otaku, ya i bet you dont even follow the new animes because one ended not too far back and seems to be ready for another season. why another season, thats because the manga is not finnish, there still a lot to fill in.

guess irony btw humour isnt a thing where you coming from ...

• 4 weeks later...

Visual novel developer Frontwing announced on its Facebook page on Sunday that it is considering an overseas release for its new Island visual novel.  The post asks fans who would like to see an overseas release to let the company know.

I wouldn't jump the gun on that announcement just yet.  This seems to just be them testing the waters (hehehe, swimming joke).  If they get a lackluster response I doubt they'll do much of anything.  The question makes me wonder if they would be doing an in-house translation, though.  God, I hope not.  The original version of their English site was a complete joke.

So...Island is coming to the West, huh...This will be interesting...

Negativety aside, the fact that they are at least considering this is a step forward. Although it might not happen, I doubt they would make a statement like this without any plans to follow through if the fans shout loudly enough.

The in house translation part does scare me a little though ... :michiru:

I'd rather see them localize Hatsuru... stuff by the Grisaia team is bound to be better, lol.

You say that as if Goo doesn't do good work, but Himawari has quite the following. I kinda want this more, lol.

Also, speaking of in-house translations, Conjueror recently stated he was contracted by a Japanese company to work directly with them on a VN translation, and he has previously worked with FW and MangaGamer on Himawari. Coincidence... ?

In the long run, Grisaia will probably be one of the best selling VNs ever over here... because unlike a lot of others, its appeal is pretty wide and solid.  Front Wing really needs to put out more VNs like Grisaia, though I understand that their nukige sales are what funded their ability to produce Grisaia in the first place.

In the long run, Grisaia will probably be one of the best selling VNs ever over here... because unlike a lot of others, its appeal is pretty wide and solid.  Front Wing really needs to put out more VNs like Grisaia, though I understand that their nukige sales are what funded their ability to produce Grisaia in the first place.

You're talking as if this is going to be another one of their nukige, when this couldn't be further from the truth. It's an all-ages-only VN. 

I'd rather see them localize Hatsuru... stuff by the Grisaia team is bound to be better, lol.

You say that as if Goo doesn't do good work, but Himawari has quite the following. I kinda want this more, lol.

Also, speaking of in-house translations, Conjueror recently stated he was contracted by a Japanese company to work directly with them on a VN translation, and he has previously worked with FW and MangaGamer on Himawari. Coincidence... ?

He said the title he is working on is rated at over 80 on EGS, and Island is unreleased.

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, Okarin said:

The island setting is nice (I dug Never 7), but the details about the storyline seem a little... off.

Anyway, it doesn't feel like an instant masterpiece, somehow. Just another regular VN. We'd have to see the writing on the routes to dissipate doubts.

For a while some individuals in the West seemed to regard this as a masterpiece. It got relatively poor sales in Japan, though.

I think it's by the same writer as the recently released Himawari, actually.

8 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

For a while some individuals in the West seemed to regard this as a masterpiece. It got relatively poor sales in Japan, though.

I think it's by the same writer as the recently released Himawari, actually.

I only read a bit of the trial. It does give off a nice vibe and art is fantastic, but it seems to not have been able to live up to Himawari; a lot of people mentions it's not even near as good as Himawari was; quite a disappointment, in other words. I have a peculiar feeling Frontwing actually forced a lot of control over the script, giving Goo less freedom of expression as the result. It's more than annoying, considering the characters and some faint resemblance to his past work.

I was tempted to pick it up regardless, but with TL in the works, I'll just wait for the english release instead.

To be honest didn't read this (Duh), but I think while this VN was had same crew as Himawari mostly (Also with the same OP singer (eufonius) who still good at singing the opening), it's ultimately depend to each people which VN that they prefer imo. Well, if Frontwing said that it's still in translating progress guess we only could wait and see here (It's not like we could do much to force them to sped up the translating progress).