Which one of these should I prioritize?

Dergonu

So here is the list of VN´s I have been recommended, and I´m torn. Which one should I start reading first? Kind of a big jumble of different genres and I´ve heard they are all amazing so I have no idea where to start. 

Any suggestions? Prefer if you give a short reason as to why you think that one is the one I should pick first :P 

Clannad

Chaos;Head

G-Senjou no Maou

Kara no Shoujo

Planetarian

Rewrite

Muv-Luv 

Edited by Dergonu
Typo

G-senjou no Maou

This was my first vn and the only vn I gave a perfect 10 so far. The other heroine routes (side routes) are rather weak but in exchange, the main route is so awesome. This game is mainly mystery and battle of wits. It also has drama, a little comedy, and a good romance. This game hooked me to visual novels.

The best version of Clannad isn't releasing until later this month. You can perhaps finish something shorter like G-Senjou before then.

Yeah thats true. 

G-senjou no Maou

This was my first vn and the only vn I gave a perfect 10 so far. The other heroine routes (side routes) are rather weak but in exchange, the main route is so awesome. This game is mainly mystery and battle of wits. It also has drama, a little comedy, and a good romance. This game hooked me to visual novels.

Damn, really sold that one. Sounds awesome. 

Question, should I get the RAW and install the translation patch, or is the steam version fine? Think I heard there were some problems with the steam release somewhere. 

EDIT: Yeah that was the thread on this forum about the CG being cropped... RAW it is. 

Edited by Dergonu

MuvLuv is the best (MuvLuv Alternative, that is). It will tear you to pieces, and you'll be thankful for that. No other VN for me came close to the psychological impact that Alternative had. Unless you seriously dislike Sci-Fi, Alternative comes before everything else because it's simply the best there is.

BUT. There are two "buts". The first "but" is that it requires a huge time investment. Extra + Unlimited + Alternative sum up to about 100 hours. And while Extra is decent and Unlimited good, it will still take you about 40 hours to get to the awesomeness that is Alternative.

The second "but" is that it was officially kickstarted for an official english release with new CG and stuff. You might want to wait for that - though I have no idea how long it will be.

That said, I also second G-senjou no Maou. Great game. The true ending will blow your brains out.

MuvLuv is the best (MuvLuv Alternative, that is). It will tear you to pieces, and you'll be thankful for that. No other VN for me came close to the psychological impact that Alternative had. Unless you seriously dislike Sci-Fi, Alternative comes before everything else because it's simply the best there is.

BUT. There are two "buts". The first "but" is that it requires a huge time investment. Extra + Unlimited + Alternative sum up to about 100 hours. And while Extra is decent and Unlimited good, it will still take you about 40 hours to get to the awesomeness that is Alternative.

The second "but" is that it was officially kickstarted for an official english release with new CG and stuff. You might want to wait for that - though I have no idea how long it will be.

That said, I also second G-senjou no Maou. Great game. The true ending will blow your brains out.

Yeah I did donate to the kickstarter actually. Kind of want the new version if I´m going to play it, so G-Senjou no Maou is what I´m going with. 

Completely forgot that when I made the list xD

Think its gonna be G-Senjou no Maou - Planetarian - Clannad and then we´ll see after that. 

Awesome to hear that Muv-luv is that good though. Kind of donated on a whim. Wasn't really sure if it was going to be good or not. Going by your comment I won't regret it! 

Edited by Dergonu

Yeah I did donate to the kickstarter actually. Kind of want the new version if I´m going to play it, so G-Senjou no Maou is what I´m going with. 

Think its gonna be G-Senjou no Maou - Planetarian - Clannad and then we´ll see after that. 

Awesome to hear that Muv-luv is that good though. Kind of donated on a whim. Wasn't really sure if it was going to be good or not. Going by your comment I won't regret it! 

The kickstarter version is going to be the ps3 version, which is all-ages thus heavily censored, I recommend reading the original version. For me its my only perfect 10, its broke me to pieces, took me on an emotional roller coaster and made me stand up out of my chair, go outside and contemplate life quite a few times. (I still donated to the kickstarter tho.)

The kickstarter version is going to be the ps3 version, which is all-ages thus heavily censored, I recommend reading the original version. For me its my only perfect 10, its broke me to pieces, took me on an emotional roller coaster and made me stand up out of my chair, go outside and contemplate life quite a few times. (I still donated to the kickstarter tho.)

Ahh right. Ok. That darn censor-kun. thanks for letting me know. Think I´ll def read the originals then. I´ll be sure to dive into that during a vacation, so I have time to enjoy it. 100+ hours is a lot. But it sounds like its worth it!

Edited by Dergonu

It's not going to be a PS3 version it is going to be an all new version with improved graphic and new CGs and events, and only things that are going to be out are H-scenes. Therefore I would recommend w8ing for that version.

I would recommend ether G-senjou no Maou or Rewite.

It's not going to be a PS3 version it is going to be an all new version with improved graphic and new CGs and events, and only things that are going to be out are H-scenes. Therefore I would recommend w8ing for that version.

Is said champ going to be censored? because from what I understood it's not in the PS3 version, I don't care bout h-scenes.

Hidden Content

They didn't said anything about it and I don't see why would it be.  What they said is pretty much that they are going to add all new content that wasn't in Original including a content that was in PS3 version but it's not going to be a PS3 version itself "Based on the All-Ages Edition
Adds PS3 Content". So as Far as I get it H-scenes will be the only things that are out and all new events are going to be in. PS3 version is also 17+ witch usually means that only difference between 18+ is nudity/sex.

I will note that at some point you might need to play something a little bit more lighthearted than most of the games found on that list.  The heart can only take so much FEELS before it needs to recharge.

Reminds me of the day I marathoned watching the anime for Air and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.  I was depressed as hell after that... and then I watched FLCL for the first time, and the sheer WTF blew me back out of the funk.

I will note that at some point you might need to play something a little bit more lighthearted than most of the games found on that list.  The heart can only take so much FEELS before it needs to recharge.

Reminds me of the day I marathoned watching the anime for Air and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.  I was depressed as hell after that... and then I watched FLCL for the first time, and the sheer WTF blew me back out of the funk.

Haha, yeah. I realize if I was to binch read this entire list I´d probably end up emotionally scarred for life. 

Thanks for all the recommendations. Seems like G-Senjo No Maou is a good place to start.