Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning released!

Decay

Will the "hit my head on lamp count" be a feature of future posts as well? Also, really, 6? I mean, I'm pretty lazy, but I probably would've figured out a way to deal with it after at most 4.

So, I read the entire post, and I realize it's to be continued so maybe this one will be addressed later, but I do have one simple but genuine question: did you like it?

19 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Will the "hit my head on lamp count" be a feature of future posts as well? Also, really, 6? I mean, I'm pretty lazy, but I probably would've figured out a way to deal with it after at most 4.

So, I read the entire post, and I realize it's to be continued so maybe this one will be addressed later, but I do have one simple but genuine question: did you like it?

The "hit my head on lamp count" will feature as is incidental, that is to say, the rare occasions I actually need the blasted lamp. Since it didn't hurt, and I only hit it when I got up and no otehr time, I kept forgetting about it.

Finally, your question has now been addressed in the final version of the post. I refuse to write anymore for the next few decades.

3 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

The bollocks is a WaB?

...And what hate are you on about?

"What a Beautiful ..." or WaB is another common name for the Steampunk series, of which Gahkthun is the... sixth release, I think? I'm not sure how fitting that moniker is anymore, given that Gahkthun's subtitle includes "What a Shining ..." rather than "What a Beautiful ...", though. https://vndb.org/v/all?sq=what+a+beautiful

And, well, he did say he didn't read your post, so you can't entirely blame him for being completely wrong about the content...

On 3/3/2016 at 4:14 PM, Nerathim said:

Who in their sane mind would read a wall of text of hate for a WaB

To be honest, I thought his wall of text of hate, was unbiased and detailed review of the whole thing. The game was great imo but not perfect. It is also an acquired taste, and filthy casuals can't appreciate it if this is their first time reading a steampunk work or they have only read a handful of VNs. 

But truth be told, I love this VN just because its h-scenes are very unique to be told from the female perspective and they don't ever mention "pussy", "dick", "cum" like 100 fucking times. 

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

But truth be told, I love this VN just because its h-scenes are very unique to be told from the female perspective and they don't ever mention "pussy", "dick", "cum" like 100 fucking times. 

Another new reason to play Gahkthun ! In Sekien no Inganock, it's the same. I must admit It's refreshing and I liked it :wub:

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

To be honest, I thought his wall of text of hate, was unbiased and detailed review of the whole thing. The game was great imo but not perfect. It is also an acquired taste, and filthy casuals can't appreciate it if this is their first time reading a steampunk work or they have only read a handful of VNs. 

The best part is how I barely hated on anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2016 at 11:09 AM, Decay said:

Incidentally, chapter 9 was my least favorite chapter in the game.

For the moment, my least favorite is the chapter 6.

Finished chapter 7.

Spoiler

This "goodbye sex" between Louis-Charles and Emilie was so hot (and well written). Another success for Sakurai (and a lot of thanks for koestl)  :illya:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1459806897-gahkthun010.jpg NSFW (I suppose)

Spoiler

1459806746-gahkthun011.jpg

COOL !

Edited by Canicheslayer

10 hours ago, Canicheslayer said:

For the moment, my least favorite is the chapter 6.

Finished chapter 7.

Hide contents

This "goodbye sex" between Louis-Charles and Emilie was so hot (and well written). Another success for Sakurai (and a lot of thanks for koestl)  :illya:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1459806897-gahkthun010.jpg NSFW (I suppose)

Hide contents

1459806746-gahkthun011.jpg

COOL !

Yeah the 6th chapter was kinda "Eh?" for  me too, but I liked the tension and mystery about it, even if the perpetrator was kind of lame in the end.

The fight in Chapter 7 is one of my favorites without a doubt

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the 'shocking radiant' news from Mangagamer tweet was indeed about Gahkthun, and it will coming to Steam. Here's the latest blog post from Mangagamer as the proof. My comment? Compared to Yurirei, I think sex scene in Gahktun was more explicit, so it's very possible this time Mangagamer will censor that. But at least we already got 18+ version, so no problem I think. And by the way if some of user here for some reason want to purchase Steam version, here's the link to the Steam store.

Seeing as most people in the VN community interested in Gahkthun have already got it, I fail to see why everyone should be excited about this news. It’s a good chance for Gahkthun to widen its appeal and sell more, which should excite MG, but as a fan I feel decidedly underwhelmed by this ‘shocking and radiant’ piece of information.

Just now, Rooke said:

Seeing as most people in the VN community interested in Gahkthun have already got it, I fail to see why everyone should be excited about this news. It’s a good chance for Gahkthun to widen its appeal and sell more, which should excite MG, but as a fan I feel decidedly underwhelmed by this ‘shocking and radiant’ piece of information.

I don't think they really intended people to think this was some high-profile announcement, despite the Twitter teases. Who reads Twitter anyway? Real announcements will come with more fanfare, at conventions if possible.

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Because tentacle rape on Steam maybe.

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Well I'm interested as I never did play gahkthun, and it looks like a fun visual novel I would like to play.

4 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

I am actually surprised an uncut version with sexual content is allowed on Steam. Is this going to be a future trend with more adult games being allowed on Steam?

The game wasn't heavily explicit to begin with, and was roughly on par with Kindred Spirits.