VN with simple Japanese

Sparteh

my advice is: don't read an easy novel  just because is easy....like hanahira, yes, it is easy to read but you wont progress at all because it's really boring! so pick a more complex one but that really interest you, you will learn and at the same time enjoy what you are doing. this one https://vndb.org/v9890 is easy to read and the plot and characters are really interesting.

Aiyoku no Eustia isn't an easy read for a beginner, by any standard...  Here is the link to my long-standing beginner's list.  It has both a first-level relatively easy course and a second level 'challenge' course for beginners.

subarashiki is not an easy one either, baldr mmm it depends, i haven't played root double but im sure is not a vn for beginners either, I don't know who did that list but it's not 100% accurate, the moe' i'm sure they are because well it's a moe and the dialogues on those types of vn tend to be more daily like so they are fairly easy most of the time. 

I read Augment a few months ago because of the list that clephas did xD so yeah you can be sure that those are actually vn for a beginner.

Aiyoku no Eustia isn't an easy read for a beginner, by any standard...  Here is the link to my long-standing beginner's list.  It has both a first-level relatively easy course and a second level 'challenge' course for beginners.

how hard would say that hello, world is? I'm not sure if I want to start reading a >50 hours vn that it just too difficult for me.

Hello, World's problem is that it uses a lot of the oblique expressions and postmodernist ideas that made so much of the anime of the eighties and nineties... inscrutable.  It is also what made the Metal Gear Solid video game series so weird at times.  I can honestly say that Hello, World is something you want to avoid until you can at least read Devils Devel Concept while not getting confused by the somewhat unusual twists and turns the writer's expression takes during Sora's moments of hedge-philosophy. 

Segai... most of the right side of your list are VNs I would never suggest for beginners looking for a soft landing... those are all VNs designed to pretty much straight out destroy a beginner's limited confidence in their own understanding.  Midori no Umi and Princess Witches are the easiest of those, but I wouldn't call them 'beginner's VNs' by any standard I can think of.  If you were going to go for a slightly harder, more story-focused VN I would have said Tasogare no Sinsemilla would be a better choice than any of those, as would Draculius, as both retain a relatively simple grammatical structure, outside of a few bursts of complexity for some of the more lively scenes. 

The first list doesn't seem reliable, honestly.

My first Japanese VN was one of the Sono Hanabira series, which wasn't translated at the time. Not particularly good, but simple and I love yuri. Then I moved up directly to Gore Screaming Show XD

My advice is: pick a title you think you'll like, and possibly a moege with lots of slice of life. Anything from Pulltop would work I think. 

Edited by Overlord87

I read Eustia as my first VN in japanese without any bigger problems. I read really slowly in the beginning (The prologue took me like a month) but I learnt tons from it and were actually able to read in a pretty decent pace by the end. The sentence structure in Eustia is really simple (Though obviously not anything near Hanahira) and the voiced protagonist helps a lot. There are quite a few rare and difficult words ofc but that's what the text hooker is for. Though obviously that everyone's definition of 'simple' is bound to be different.

Personally I think that while one shouldn't throw themselves into something like Muramasa as a beginner (hope I get good enough to read it one day...) it's pretty good to challenge oneself once in a while. Reading something slightly more difficult or playing some console exclusive releases without text-hookers can improve one's skills a lot.

Edited by Beato