Overwatch?

Justin579

I was interested until it turned out to be a 40$ investment.  I could probably deal with 25 or 30$ but that's a bit much for me.

That said, it looks like it could be quite fun.  I'll be looking forward to if it'll ever get a price drop or a sale, though the not F2P thing makes me worried about the community activity post-launch.  40$ is no small entry fee.

Like most others have said, it looks like a paid version of TF2 with better looking characters. I'm sure it will sell, just because Blizzard's name is on it. I think it looks kind of boring though, doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Tracer is a qt 3.14 tho :sachi: 

Edited by Mugi

I think I might have found an excuse to buy a PS4...

Really? This is what sells the system to you? Not the FF 7 remake? No Mans Sky? Bloodborne? FF XV? 

Well, this game will probably be better than any of those excepting Bloodborne so I'd be with him if I didn't have a good PC already.

Anyways, this game looks real fun. Yeah, a lot of resemblances to TF2, who cares? It looks really polished (the first person animations are incredible) and it reminds me of TF2 before it became a bloated mess. I dunno if I'll buy it on launch but I really want to get into the beta and give it a shot. I'll need to buy a new keyboard first though since mine is so busted.

yay another multiplayer fps, because the market is not full of this types of games yet :Kappa:

Really? This is what sells the system to you? Not the FF 7 remake? No Mans Sky? Bloodborne? FF XV? 

until dawn, persona 5 (well for ps3 too but still) yakuza 6!!!Let it die, the last guardian

Edited by Deep Blue

yay another multiplayer fps, because the market is not full of this types of games yet :Kappa:

until dawn, persona 5 (well for ps3 too but still) yakuza 6!!!Let it die, the last guardian

Also Shenmue 3!

I just don't see Overwatch as anywhere near a system seller, I guess.

I'm just a Blizz fanboy. A game that looks good and is fun to play is all I'm looking for, and this seems to fit the bill. I generally dislike FPSs, but this one looks like an exception :P

Also Shenmue 3!

well me neither but maybe is because i'm just tired of the multiplayer fps :/ the truth is they sell really well so I don't know, maybe the market is not aimed at guys like us :P  

Shenmue 3:wub:

Also Shenmue 3!

well me neither but maybe is because i'm just tired of the multiplayer fps :/ the truth is they sell really well so I don't know, maybe the market is not aimed at guys like us :P  

Shenmue 3:wub:

you mean you're tired of call of duty?

you mean you're tired of the military shooter?

FTFY. 

Fps design has been dug in a hole the last decade plus and no one seems to want to fix it. Even Wolfenstein: New Order,  which was an attempt at an old style single player fps didn't do great. 

So what are people doing? Mixing it with other genres in hopes that something sticks. 

I would really like to get my hands on Blizzard statistic data and find how many new accounts were made or how many people came back after a 5+ year break of Blizzard games.  That will tell us if this game is sold on Blizzard's name or its own merit.  I'm willing to bet it's because Blizzard is backing it. 

As for me? Drop the price to $20 and then I'll buy it.