Who plans on playing Kara No Shoujo 2?

VirginSmasher

Alright, I've made my peace with KnS1, it's Saturday, time to binge read KnS2

KnS 2 first impressions:

• Oh shit, 720p!!! I'm spoiled already
  • Reiji actually speaks!@#
  • Cartagra still wins the 'best title screen BGM' for me, though KnS2 has a very nice ominous feel to it
  • Update: I started KnS 2 yesterday. No spoilers or anything, but the beginning is SLOW as hell so be prepared for that. Luckily, there's a lot of character interaction that I actually like which makes it pretty tolerable.

• Holy shit, I'd even go as far as to say the beginning is Cross Channel tier slow, I think it's cuz we as the reader just want to dive into Reiji's shit already, especially since they spend the first 5 seconds recapping KnS1, but nope, gotta spend the next half hour to worldcraft a new location and 10 side(?) characters
    • At least Satsuki's interesting, though, what's this strange feeling I'm getting :unsure:

KnS 2 first impressions:

• Cartagra still wins the 'best title screen BGM' for me, though KnS2 has a very nice ominous feel to it
  • Update: I started KnS 2 yesterday. No spoilers or anything, but the beginning is SLOW as hell so be prepared for that. Luckily, there's a lot of character interaction that I actually like which makes it pretty tolerable.

• Holy shit, I'd even go as far as to say the beginning is Cross Channel tier slow, I think it's cuz we as the reader just want to dive into Reiji's shit already, especially since they spend the first 5 seconds recapping KnS1, but nope, gotta spend the next half hour to worldcraft a new location and 10 side(?) characters
    • At least Satsuki's interesting, though, what's this strange feeling I'm getting :unsure:

About the title screen BGM, the one after you get the true end added with the image of the title screen nearly made me cry so I'd have to say that's the best one so far.

KnS 2 first impressions:

>the next half hour

Look how optimistic you are. Try 5 hours. 

Wait a minute. I'm stuck. ggtoohard pls send halp. Don't want to look up a proper walkthrough 'cuz potential spoilers

Who the fk is the extra victim Reiji would-hypothetically-kill-if-he-were-the-culprit during his conversation w/ Karen in the Moonworld before the debt collector thugs show up?

Or rather, how do you not get locked into the Yukiko-Holy-Prophet bad end ._.

Tch. If my sources are correct, visits do matter in this game, and y'all better visit Yukiko as much as you can (or at least > 2 apparently) otherwise you'll get locked to that ending. 

..I was a Moon Worlding nub :ph34r:

Wait a minute. I'm stuck. ggtoohard pls send halp. Don't want to look up a proper walkthrough 'cuz potential spoilers

Hidden Content

Tch. If my sources are correct, visits do matter in this game, and y'all better visit Yukiko as much as you can (or at least > 2 apparently) otherwise you'll get locked to that ending. 

Read more. There would be evident, who is extra victim he was refererring (actually it was quite evident by me from the start). 

Actually (as I told somewhere) with Yukiko there is a flag, how much time you meet her. And if there is less than 3 - you would get a Holy prophet ending. Walkthrough covers all these matters, so if you follow it - you would never stuck.

I wasn't aware of that, sorry for misleading you. I just sort of winged it and got by without a problem and looking at the guides, there didn't seem to be any apparent method to the madness regarding location choices. 

There are flags, which depend on meeting with some people, whom you could only meet when you go into certain location. Most notable is Yukiko.

Hidden Content

Read more. There would be evident, who is extra victim he was refererring (actually it was quite evident by me from the start). 

Actually (as I told somewhere) with Yukiko there is a flag, how much time you meet her. And if there is less than 3 - you would get a Holy prophet ending. Walkthrough covers all these matters, so if you follow it - you would never stuck.

I wasn't aware of that, sorry for misleading you. I just sort of winged it and got by without a problem and looking at the guides, there didn't seem to be any apparent method to the madness regarding location choices. 

There are flags, which depend on meeting with some people, whom you could only meet when you go into certain location. Most notable is Yukiko.

When it came to that choice, I picked Ayato and I got to the final ending.

Hidden Content

I visited Yukiko as much as I could mostly because she is on the main title screen and going to see her would most likely end up with me getting the "first ending."

Nah, even if you pick the "right" person, the dialogue still plays out as if you picked an entirely unrelated person, which was why I was confused. As Decay said, Reiji was bluffing at that point to gauge that person's reaction. 

As for Yukiko flags, indeed, but who would want to make their first playthrough with a walkthrough <_<. Pretty stupid though that they made it so that if you didn't visit a certain character enough times you would be locked to a bad ending. Especially since there's no change in how that Holy Prophet scene plays out, she goes there and then it's just flat out game over vs. the story continues. I'd be happy with a "but lingering in her thoughts was a certain 30+ year old detective so she still had some hope" idk SOMETHING to justify the visits.

That being said, it's actually pretty hard to not visit Yukiko at least 3 times in a blind playthrough. I was only boned because I thought visits didn't matter, so I would visit all locations and then Moon World last to progress the story. RIP.

~~~
Speaking of Moon World, I gotta ask. 

Where. The. FK. is. Hatsune????

~~~
'Fession (culprit spoilers)

I never once suspected Karen to be the one committing the murders. Maybe I had some thoughts that she was pulling strings, but not actually committing the murders herself.

I'm dumb :rimu:

A3dDP6P.png (1295×765)

Will admit, out of all the crazed incestuous people, Karen is probably my second favorite. The first being Nana

Wish she had a better final confrontation against Ayato in the bad endings though. In all of them it's just a quick cyanisuicide- anticlimatic.

Nah, even if you pick the "right" person, the dialogue still plays out as if you picked an entirely unrelated person, which was why I was confused. As Decay said, Reiji was bluffing at that point to gauge that person's reaction. 

You asked: Who the fk is the extra victim Reiji would-hypothetically-kill-if-he-were-the-culprit during his conversation w/ Karen in the Moonworld before the debt collector thugs show up? 

So I believe you're speaking about this (SPOILER):

:"Of course not. There's always the possibility that you're hiding something quite cleverly."

:Goodness gracious... I wanted to keep this a secret for as long as possible to use as a trump card, but...

#Reiji
:"If I were the culprit... there would be one more victim."

:I doubt Karen could ever be a candidate for marriage.

#Karen
:"Then who?"

So here is obvious, that Reiji means Yu (Young Mistress), whom Karen failed to kill, because Shizuru had bad handwriting skills. Reiji had that guess long before, when he was in settlement with Masaki and had a conversation with Yu.

What "bluffing" could be there I really do not get. All is crystal clear. About Kohane he got info later, when he set a trap for Karen.

BUT! If you really tell her Kohane name at random before knowing that... Well, BAD for you, Karen would remember that no matter what else you would do and you will have Karen bad ending, even if you did all other things right.

While telling her Yu name is completely safe (actually Karen did not had any time to go back to the village in any case).

So this deductive point really matters what you will reply her.

Especially since there's no change in how that Holy Prophet scene plays out, she goes there and then it's just flat out game over vs. the story continues.

Actually there is a change. You do not see CG in white prophet clothes and final words. Actually if everyone ignores Yukiko (e.g. you do not visit her) she would take prophet role. Seems quite logical, by me.

Where. The. FK. is. Hatsune????

Kyoko told - she do not have money for employees and already in a huge debt. Why you did not asked in KnS1 where is Nana or Ujaku then? :) Author does not need Hatsune for this story, so she was not mentioned. Actually I believe writer got quite bored, in order to remember all these 100 characters from previous games, who had to be mentioned/come back for fan's sake, like Shugo/Kazuna/Nana/etc. Even Toji returned! (My fav character in the series. Btw, she still have a poster in her office, with Kazuna performing, from "Sacrifice" ending story in bonus disc for Cartagra, sort of indirect role for Kazuna :) ). 

^So many things im just smh to, I already knew basically everything you said, I was just being nitpicky and voicing my complaints rather than asking for legit reasons :P.

1) The last marriage candidate being Kohane isn't known at the time of Reiji's conversation with Karen (you only have the paper with her mother's name- you learn that it's Kohane a few days later). He knew there was a last candidate, but not her identity. Same with Karen, so that's why Reiji bluffed that he knew the last candidate's identity when he did not, since it would garner the shocked reaction she did and further prove his suspicions of her.

I was just being nitpicky because I'm stupid / the scene was written poorly and so I thought there was a 'correct' answer you could chose to change the dialogue of that conversation (all answers result in same dialogue "I shouldn't have picked blindly" - implying that the player chose a wrong answer and that there is a correct one when there isn't).

Interestingly enough though: if you happened to somehow blindly pick Kohane during this conversation, you will be locked into Karen's bad end regardless since yeah. Unfortunately though, doing the converse and picking Sato doesn't auto-make Karen take the bait. Flags too stronk ><

2) Like I said, whether or not you visit her, she still ends up going to the Blessed Congregation and becoming the Holy Prophet. But whoop-dee-doo, if you visited her 3x you can progress the story from this point, if not, you get a Game Over instead. Sure, the Game Over gets the CG, but the idea here is that the events still played out the same, there's no mentions of her feeling lonely or not thanks to the visits, so the visits should not have mattered. 

But again, I'm just being nitpicky, you don't have to provide reasoning as to the way they structured these flag settings, I just hate it when choices are not justified, especially if I get locked into a bad ending without knowing why and ultimately having to start all over.

3) Yeah, I was more complaining about why Hatsune doesn't even get mentioned. Your 'writer's got lazy' argument just affirms my complaint.

And yes, that Kazuna poster in Toji's office is the best easter egg ever :3

~~
Made a bit more progress. Murder mystery? Forget that, KnS2 is Character Relations Mystery :P

Disregarding the convenience of everybody being related to everyone and everything, it's pretty fun getting to see these connections unfold 

My mouth dropped at Satsuki-body-clone-Ayako being Fuyumi. Not that the revelation itself was anything special, but it was one of the few things that caught me completely off guard, especially since the game distracts you with the potential Yukiko-daughter-of-Ayato thingy moments prior and them WHAM nailing you with that out of the blue.

Aight, got my first KnS2 ending (and the second branching one)

Memories of That Day was a standard ending. RIP Yukiko, though there's at least a hopeful tone for Ayato x Ayako x Michiru to finally live a normal life in the future. Btw, I still don't ship Masaki x Yukari

The Two Yukaris end however, whew! Now that was something huh >.> it gave me some nice chills. But I kinda died a bit on the inside ;-;

Mixed feelings about Yukiko herself, will wait until I see all endings to make a judgment.

Might actually replay through that dreaded 5 hour prologue for second playthrough going towards normal + true end, the added insight seems interesting, though most likely I'll just read the new dialogue and skip through the rest. 

Aight, got my first KnS2 ending (and the second branching one)

Hidden Content

Might actually replay through that dreaded 5 hour prologue for second playthrough going towards normal + true end, the added insight seems interesting, though most likely I'll just read the new dialogue and skip through the rest. 

Once you get the normal ending in this version, you have to skip through it again, get the normal ending and then the part leading up to the last two endings will play once the normal end is finished.

^So many things im just smh to, I already knew basically everything you said, I was just being nitpicky and voicing my complaints rather than asking for legit reasons :P.

Hidden Content

And yes, that Kazuna poster in Toji's office is the best easter egg ever :3

This is not nitpicking, this is wrong interpretation. Reiji NEVER told he is referring last marriage candidate. NEVER. He just told, that if he was a murderer, there would be one more victim. And he was referring Yuu. That's ALL. No bluffing here. 

About other thing - well, I already told about choosing Kohane. Actually, IG was first wanted to have some event (there is a commented flag), if you told Karen about Yuu, but then decided not.

So about having different answer - well, Karen was too good for Reiji, so she never stopped her acting no matter whom you choosed.

^I'd say you've got the wrong interpretation. When he said there'd be one more victim, he meant there was one person because there's one more name on the list, not that there's one more person because they messed up.

~~
Got the True End.

Since I've been crying for about an hour now (not really, but I bawled pretty damn hard, even worse than I did for KnS's midgame bad end), KnS2 will join my top 4 VN

And KnS2's "Kara no Shoujo" ultimately wins best title screen track of the series ;)

^I'd say you've got the wrong interpretation. When he said there'd be one more victim, he meant there was one person because there's one more name on the list, not that there's one more person because they messed up.

:) How would you know, what exactly Reiji meant? Could be any of them. I prefer thinking that he was speaking about messed up person (and actually IG initially supported my way of thinking as well, but dropped that out).

For true end I was actually thinking about something like that, having in mind photos in the beginning of the game...

~~
Got the True End.

Since I've been crying for about an hour now (not really, but I bawled pretty damn hard, even worse than I did for KnS's midgame bad end), KnS2 will join my top 4 VN

And KnS2's "Kara no Shoujo" ultimately wins best title screen track of the series ;)

Hidden Content

Wait until you get the true ending. That music with the image is amazing.