Who plans on playing Kara No Shoujo 2?

VirginSmasher

I'll be playing it when I have the time. The first game was one of the few I've read where almost nothing happened the way I expected. Of course, that's part and parcel with how dark and disturbing the game was, so no doubt it'll take a few weeks of staring straight ahead and chanting or watching something like Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? to get over it afterward, but it will be worth it.

Hopefully.

I AM playing it. I'll c/p my thoughts I posted to the VNTS commentary section:

I’ve been playing it since it was released last week, and I have really enjoyed it so far. Compared to KnS1, the sequel feels less like a cat-and-mouse thriller and more like an intertwining murder mystery with a LOT of characters thrown into a complex quagmire of village politics, religion, and misguided love. It’s been a joy trying to unravel the mystery as I read. I also like how it brings in elements from Cartagra to bring the whole series together in a satisfying way. This has become a series that is well worth reading if you’re a fan of mystery.

I'm at January 3rd now. Honestly I think it's way better than the first game so far. 

I have tried Kara no Shoujo but i didn't like it, maybe i will give it another shot later, i liked the yuri scene at the beginning though lol

dude i have a confession, i always wanted to tell you this, but i laugh every time i see your display name :wafuu: (not intended in a bad way though lol)

After the PTSD that was the first game? Lolnope

It's fine. A lot of people say that about my name. Also, if you sit through Kara No Shoujo, you'll get a way darker game than Grisaia plus a true ending that was an amazing setup for the sequel. Kara No Shoujo is in my top 5 favorite VNs for a reason.

I AM playing it. I'll c/p my thoughts I posted to the VNTS commentary section:

I’ve been playing it since it was released last week, and I have really enjoyed it so far. Compared to KnS1, the sequel feels less like a cat-and-mouse thriller and more like an intertwining murder mystery with a LOT of characters thrown into a complex quagmire of village politics, religion, and misguided love. It’s been a joy trying to unravel the mystery as I read. I also like how it brings in elements from Cartagra to bring the whole series together in a satisfying way. This has become a series that is well worth reading if you’re a fan of mystery.

I'm at January 3rd now. Honestly I think it's way better than the first game so far. 

I'm gonna have to avoid that until I complete the game. I don't need any spoilers. Then again, I also need a walkthrough or else I'm gonna screw up a hell of a lot.

Bought it and finished it yesterday. As great a game as the first, although the 'where's the good end!?' impact of it is lessened the second time around. Sugina artwork is amazing, so is the ost. I hope it sells well, I think they have a 3rd in the works and I'd hate for it not to be translated. Don't think I'd ever be able to make it through something like this in Japanese, it was rough enough following a jp walkthrough to get the true end.

I have it though it may be a while till I play it since I'm playing Trails in the Sky SC and taking it slow by talking to every NPC, then on the VN end I'm currently playing Monomono, Kyonyuu Fantasy 2 if and Majikoi S and I'm currently inwardly debating between Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort and Princess Evangile as my next game in english to focus on.

I completed it on japanese with machine translator year ago, got maybe 40% of the text, but plot I understood entirely. It is different from original KnS, so it is like Decay said, less thriller, more mystery and tricks. I plan to play the game, but did not decided, what I want to do first - finish remaining routes in Cartagra at last or play KnS2 (KnS2 works SO SLOW, especially intro movie, on my PC, so most probably I would play Cartagra first...).

Bought it and finished it yesterday. As great a game as the first, although the 'where's the good end!?' impact of it is lessened the second time around. Sugina artwork is amazing, so is the ost. I hope it sells well, I think they have a 3rd in the works and I'd hate for it not to be translated. Don't think I'd ever be able to make it through something like this in Japanese, it was rough enough following a jp walkthrough to get the true end.

IIRC Sugina told that they will not work on KnS3 before they finish all 4 Flowers seasons... And as there is only 2 seasons completed... Well, I think would be not before 2020 (if would be at all, seeing the problems in japanese industry...).

I already played it but I would be interested in KnS 3 if it does come out. Hmmm is it already out? Cant find any info on vndb.

No, it isn't out yet, but I'm sure Mangagamer will pick it up when it does.

Update: I started KnS 2 yesterday. No spoilers or anything, but the beginning is SLOW as hell so be prepared for that. Luckily, there's a lot of character interaction that I actually like which makes it pretty tolerable.

Since Innocent Grey is my favorite VN studio (the misteries, the atmosphere, the art style, the beautiful soundtrack), I'm definitely going to get this before the end of the year and play it during the Christmas holidays. I need something to balance all those good feelings and happiness :D

You definitely have to get to it. The experience so far has been awesome even with the slow beginning.