Recruiting for Angel Beats! -first beat-

Natsume Kyousuke

9_i35jx5z.jpg

Hello fellow VN readers! I'm currently looking start a translation project for Angel Beats! -first beat- and hopefully later beats as they get released.

This is my first translation project, and because of that, I might not be the best at managing this, but please bear with me.

Since the length of this VN is pretty long, this might take a long time to finish. Hopefully, partners-to-bes I will be able to translate this quickly enough.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about hacking or extracting the scripts. Fortunately enough, I am capable of extracting the g00s to edit the important images that needs to be translated.

Information:

Title: Angel Beats! -first beat-

Japanese Title: エンジェルビーツ -1st beat-

Release date: 2015-06-26

So, I'm recruiting for these following positions.

Translators: Natsume Kyousuke, (Recruiting for 2 additional translators)

Hacker (Searching for 1)

Proofreader(Searching for 1)

QC(Searching for 1)

Thanks for reading and I hope you apply for this project!

at this time, i´m not even sure anymore if not another unknown company pops out of nowhere, handling the whole thing.
rewrite might be the next to come on the agenda of theirs, but if you´re fast enough, whilst maintaining quality, to actually finish this task is awhole different matter.

If you are serious about this I recommend you paste all of the dialogue in the game in to some sort of private Google docs page, kind of like how bakatsuki does it here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2/Script/2002.

After that is done I could consider becoming a translator and start getting to work. Although I'm not sure how serious you are about this translation, I'll jump along for a while and we'll see how successful the project becomes. Contact me through PM and we can discuss things.  If that's inconvinient then send me your skype username and chatting will become easier..

I've already hopped off a translation project because I was the only one doing any work for a month. I hope the other translators you find are loyal. 

Edited by frogstat

Actually someone already worked on that monthes ago: https://github.com/TakafumiSakagami/ABFBT and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUPlU4SsMY4xW7HqAQXfyh11GsWsQJYLTKxH0lXC2_U/edit

And I believe I can extract scripts, if you really need that, just... Is this really serious project?

/upd even found tools to extract ready to use - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58805276/AngelBeats-1stBeat-Tools.rar

I believe you're propably a big fan of AB and Key, but as a viable translator, you should consider doing a different game. As stated above, SP is already partnered with Key, not to mention VisualArts itself just began to localize their games themselves.  It's not only risky, but also unreasonable from a general POV to translate something, which might get an official translation any day now; you'd end up wasting your precious time and effort. There's a ton of other vn's that deserve to be translated as well and you'd have a bigger chance to make it happen.

I have to agree with Narcosis on that one and it's not only that but I think it's best you translated VN game so are much easy to translated until you Get more experince to hack and translate.

And I have feeling next year at this game it's going to pick up by SP and Get translated.

So pick another VN to translate since it's many good VN to deserve to Get translated.

its a huge gamble you take on, though its very likely key wants to have rewrite out of their way first, thats having already an existing translation (?), this doesnt mean key cant hire some other fellows for working on angel beats1 along the way as it recently happened with harmonia (&yeah blablabla its been a short one bla), therfore not sure if you can finish your task before them, even with 3 translators on board it should take for you ~1y until its completion...

Yeah, I guess you could say that it's dangerous considering that this game is likely to get localized, but I definitely think you should go for it regardless. There's no rule stating that there can't be more than one fan-TL of something. :P

The only real concern is it getting localized, but it's not like you can do much about that. Until then, I'm sure people would enjoy having the game translated. 

i never intended discouraging them either, but there´re undoubtably few external factors complicating the whole matter, as mentioned above numerous times. personally, i´d try my hardest in assembling a medium-sized team as fast as possible & then going full stealth-mode again, so everyone intending in doing some official work regarding said title wont has the chance/ opportunity of interfering with the projects of yours.
*ooopppsss what am i even saying here...XD

edit: another point worth mentioning is, that this game isnt called 1st beat without a reason, so unless you are mentally prepared to keep on working in the same manner concerning its upcoming parts after this ones possible completion, i´d recommend refraining from doing so in the first place, because it would be rather pointless otherwise - ESPECIALLY if you cant see yourself (& members) by no means cooperating with key (or partners), after having eventually released a 1st beat patch before them, but decided on non continuing with the other parts, which i could see resulting in key, or their partners resolving themselves that its not worth the hassle in bringing this series to the west after all, considering the fact 1st beat might have 2 competing translations available + the need of doing theirs from scratch, whereas its not clear people would buy it again, when already owning a patched jap. version.