Death Room [Suspense, Paranormal, optional BxG/GxB]

Dreamgazer

Logo2small_zpst8ciyssz.png

Hello there!  Dreamgazer here, introducing you all to my heart and passion: Death Room.  It's my first official project made together with my good friend and co-writer, EdgeofTomorrow.   It's a suspenseful thriller with paranormal elements.  Plus, optional BxG and GxB treats.

Progress?

It's been released!  You can play it here.  If you do, please let me know what you think of it.  It's been a pleasure making it, and I'm excited to share it with you all.

Extra Information

• Since there are literally hundreds of choices, it comes with a walkthrough (but beware - spoilers abound). 
  • I'm having a fun contest on Facebook.  You can name yourself in the game.  Name yourself, and take a screen of it anywhere in the game.  The cast of the Death Room will judge you on how funny it is.  The one with the highest rating will be the winner!  You'll receive a picture of the character of your choice in the style of Sexy, Sweet, or Cool.

promo6_zpsksldd1dy.png

If you have any questions or comments, you can contact me through any of the following:

deviantART: askdreamgazer | Facebook: askdreamgazer | Tumblr: askdreamgazer |Twitter: @askdreamgazer | e-mail: [email protected]

You can also comment below, and I'll be happy to answer.  Even if you just want to stop by and say 'hi.'

That was....weird, very weird. But overall I liked it. 

I don't know if it is a bug or what but using the keyboard doesn't let you continue with the game, the choices keep repeating over and over so I had to use the mouse

Hi, Deep Blue!  Thanks for playing it.  I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.  Haha, yeah, people tend to tell me they think it's different since the endings aren't the ones typically found in visual novels.  My goal was to create a simulation, to make you feel like you were in the Death Room.  The "endings" I chose for it felt most natural to me.  What'd you think of the characters?

Ooh, yeah, this game was meant to be played with the mouse.  Let me see if I can tinker with the code and change that, though.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

I don't know if it is a bug or what but using the keyboard doesn't let you continue with the game, the choices keep repeating over and over so I had to use the mouse

Hi, Deep Blue!  Thanks for playing it.  I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.  Haha, yeah, people tend to tell me they think it's different since the endings aren't the ones typically found in visual novels.  My goal was to create a simulation, to make you feel like you were in the Death Room.  The "endings" I chose for it felt most natural to me.  What'd you think of the characters?

Ooh, yeah, this game was meant to be played with the mouse.  Let me see if I can tinker with the code and change that, though.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

I really liked ambrosia even if she betrayed me at the end :(  (I took my revenge after that and burned her :P ) I hated Evie because I really can't stand the way she express herself xD overall all the characters were interesting in some way, also the choices were varied and sometimes even funny so it didn't make the replaying a tedious process. I didn't play as a female character.

Btw the sound is a little too loud for the special effects, specially the bombs, I use headphones and everytime someone threw a grenade my ears were in pain.

I really liked ambrosia even if she betrayed me at the end :(  (I took my revenge after that and burned her :P ) I hated Evie because I really can't stand the way she express herself xD overall all the characters were interesting in some way, also the choices were varied and sometimes even funny so it didn't make the replaying a tedious process. I didn't play as a female character.

Btw the sound is a little too loud for the special effects, specially the bombs, I use headphones and everytime someone threw a grenade my ears were in pain.

Ooh, when it comes to Ambrosia's "betrayal"...

Well, let me just say there's actually a reason she asks you to burn her body before she dies.

I scattered hints of the characters' backstory throughout the game, so if you want to catch em' all, you can use the walkthrough. 

But if you're curious about why Ambrosia has a sudden turnabout, take a look at the Dark Version section in this romance

walkthrough.  If you ask her what happens when she dies, she'll give a hint about why she acts differently.  (And if it isn't clear enough, feel free to come ask me again, haha.)

My bad.  I'll have to fix the volume to spare the ears of future players.

Edited by Dreamgazer