Fallout 4 discussion

Deep Blue

A pretty accurate review of fallout 4 http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fallout/fallout4/reviews/fallout4strev1.html

The interface is horrendous, for consoles maybe it's ok but for pc is not.
The optimization is really poor specially for how it looks, SOMA looks 1000 better and doesn't require half of the pc.
I can't get over the controls and interface specially when you have to pick a dialogue choice and is really clunky and you can only use the keyboard arrows WTF if you don't want to use the mouse, why
not asdw, if I'm using one hand with the mouse and the other one to move the character how am I support to use the arrow keys then? who designed that :huh:
And when you have to build...oh boy it's just a chore to navigate through the items
Finally the loading times...:sleep:

Seems to be pretty stable and the loading times will be fixed with a few patch, I'm worried about the interface and the controls in general, is like playing skyrim all over again with those shitty menus for consoles :sleep:

Isn't that like the first thing they made a mod for? :P

Honestly the only thing I'm disappointed about in Fallout 4 is that it uses pretty much all the same music as Fallout 3, and I liked New Vegas' selection way more :c

Seems to be pretty stable and the loading times will be fixed with a few patch, I'm worried about the interface and the controls in general, is like playing skyrim all over again with those shitty menus for consoles :sleep:

Honestly the only thing I'm disappointed about in Fallout 4 is that it uses pretty much all the same music as Fallout 3, and I liked New Vegas' selection way more :c

Yep and it was a huge deal when they released the first mod for the menus xD I hope they do the same here because it actually needs it way more than skyrim did.
mmm I tend to lower the music when I play and only leave the ambiance and voices sounds, I actually don't miss the django because I never listened to him in the first place :P 

Also this is amazing http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/103/ I think I actually going to use it.

I haven't experienced any long loading times. The only technical issue I've had was microstutter related to exclusive fullscreen and Vsync. Otherwise, it's running at a constant 60 fps on Ultra with ReShade at 1080p. I also play the game with an Xbox One controller from the couch, so the interface and controls are perfectly fine.

Visually, it's not too bad. The lighting and weather system is nice, and the LOD has been greatly improved. Not even DynDOLOD or any uGridsToLoad tweaks could achieve this LOD object density in their previous games. Not to mention any such modification resulted in instability. Gameplay wise, it's better than the previous two games in essentially every way. The building mechanics leave a lot to be desired, though. So far, I've only seen two types of basic building materials for structures. Maybe it's possible to unlock more via perks or quests, but if not, I don't think this will take off until the modding scene starts making more objects and materials. Same goes for the weapon and armor modding systems.

I listened to the classical radio station for a few hours until it started looping, and have since stopped using the radio. The original ambient soundtrack is far more comfortable to listen to. Also much more varied than the radio stations.

Also this is amazing http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/103/ I think I actually going to use it.

The cutscenes are going to be awkward with the main character flapping his/her lips as a mute.

I haven't experienced any long loading times. The only technical issue I've had was microstutter related to exclusive fullscreen and Vsync. Otherwise, it's running at a constant 60 fps on Ultra with ReShade at 1080p. I also play the game with an Xbox One controller from the couch, so the interface and controls are perfectly fine.

Visually, it's not too bad. The lighting and weather system is nice, and the LOD has been greatly improved. Not even DynDOLOD or any uGridsToLoad tweaks could achieve this LOD object density in their previous games. Not to mention any such modification resulted in instability. Gameplay wise, it's better than the previous two games in essentially every way. The building mechanics leave a lot to be desired, though. So far, I've only seen two types of basic building materials for structures. Maybe it's possible to unlock more via perks or quests, but if not, I don't think this will take off until the modding scene starts making more objects and materials. Same goes for the weapon and armor modding systems.

I listened to the classical radio station for a few hours until it started looping, and have since stopped using the radio. The original ambient soundtrack is far more comfortable to listen to. Also much more varied than the radio stations.

The cutscenes are going to be awkward with the main character flapping his/her lips as a mute.

just wait until someone releases a mod that makes fix the camera first person while you are in dialogue mode :P  to be honest I got tired of hearing him talking after a while (I don't like to play female char on this types of games) and the voice acting is so so imo, I would leave it if it was the voice of lets say shepard in mass effect (not that it would fit in the game xD )

just wait until someone releases a mod that makes fix the camera first person while you are in dialogue mode :P  to be honest I got tired of hearing him talking after a while (I don't like to play female char on this types of games) and the voice acting is so so imo, I would leave it if it was the voice of lets say shepard in mass effect (not that it would fit in the game xD )

I think the dialog wheel also needs to be overhauled for it to work. There will still be mute pauses between choice and NPC reaction. It'll definitely happen somewhere down the line, though. Probably a necessity for quest mods.

I decided to turn the gas station into my own, iron fisted economy. Here's the album.

So far, I have 5 People working their asses off, for the greater goal of my global domination.

That looks pretty comfy. I couldn't stand the uneven terrain in Sanctuary, so I made an FF7-style Midgar platform connected by fairly large towers. Haven't gathered enough resources to actually build the intended town on the platform, though.

A pretty accurate review of fallout 4 http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fallout/fallout4/reviews/fallout4strev1.html

The interface is horrendous, for consoles maybe it's ok but for pc is not.
The optimization is really poor specially for how it looks, SOMA looks 1000 better and doesn't require half of the pc.
I can't get over the controls and interface specially when you have to pick a dialogue choice and is really clunky and you can only use the keyboard arrows WTF if you don't want to use the mouse, why
not asdw, if I'm using one hand with the mouse and the other one to move the character how am I support to use the arrow keys then? who designed that :huh:
And when you have to build...oh boy it's just a chore to navigate through the items
Finally the loading times...:sleep:

^this sums up my opinion about the game, but I'm able to use my mouse for dialouge choices.

I hereby announce the first settlement of the Texan Empire to be completed. Here's the updated version, including the 14 citizens. 

That looks pretty comfy. I couldn't stand the uneven terrain in Sanctuary, so I made an FF7-style Midgar platform connected by fairly large towers. Haven't gathered enough resources to actually build the intended town on the platform, though.

When you're done, pic please. 

Thank you for that one, the dialogue options are so simplified it's often confusing. It's almost like playing LA Noire.

This game could use more quests. I'm 100 hours in and there's almost nothing left to do. Nothing of interest anyway.

Sound like it is a $100 game to me...

Edited by atorq
retarded currency