VN Reading Club - Depressive November (Narcissu)

Kurisu-Chan

Lol can't close the poll.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What VN shall torment you this month?

• Steins.
    • Gate.
    • Can't
    • Lock the poll.

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, hello everyone, and welcome in my domain...dementia's domain, my name...is forgettable, but my purpose...is to doom your insignifiant lives, you'll all, soon, fall into my deepests schemes, into the deepest form of dementia possible...into depression...dark and suicidal thoughts, worthlessness, hikikomori, NEET...all of these are symptoms of a same illness...Depression, humanity's biggest threat...Now, fall into my arms, fall and never try to escape my grasp....because depression and desperation awaits you all, those who try to challenge my realm...

This month is a Depression-desperation themed month, basically, a collection of VNs including depression/desperation in any kind possible : it may strike directly the hero or be more subtle, hope you get as much "fun" as you can...But i promise you...you won't escape unchanged.

And the winner is... Narcissu! Ganbarre in this story!

VN Winner : Narcissu (Free steam game)

8900.jpg

Synopsis

The anonymous protagonist is diagnosed with a terminal illness shortly after his twentieth birthday, and is admitted to a hospital in Mito, Ibaraki. There he meets Setsumi, a woman a few years older, who is also terminally ill. Finding that they both reject to die either in hospital or at home, they steal a car and run away together.

Then, it's Narcissu heh? no problem, just, don't forget to read Chaos;Head, because chaos;Head lol.

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

If Higanbana wins I'll legit actually legit read it that month. Always interested me somewhat, but a Zaka needs much push to be shoved.

Also, didn't I/O actually win one month? Not sure, but think so...

Higanbana is my suggestion. I liked it over Higurashi and Umineko but less than Rose Guns Days.

Isn't the upcoming Narcissu thing a nice HD remake? I'm definitely interested in reading it, but I'm inclined to wait for that rather, than to read it now.

Voting for Ever17, since that's one of the top things on my list right now, although it looks like pretty long odds right now.

Also, looking at the cover art, Higanbana is a clear nope.

Isn't the upcoming Narcissu thing a nice HD remake? I'm definitely interested in reading it, but I'm inclined to wait for that rather, than to read it now.

Voting for Ever17, since that's one of the top things on my list right now, although it looks like pretty long odds right now.

They are not doing a remake of any of the narcissu games just new stuff like side stories or the epilogue for narccissu 2nd. The 3rd game (which never got translated) they are going to translate it but only the story that takaoka wrote not the complete game.

Edited by Deep Blue

Omg,higanbana's sprite is like this?My eyes will pop out trying to read this seriously.Dont have any objections of it though,just my opinion-art is important in VN's.

Also voted for Ever17,cuz havent read it yet,and it avaliable on android(thats hella important for me).Well,chaos;head avaliable too if i recall correctly.

They are not doing a remake of any of the narcissu games just new stuff like side stories or the epilogue for narccissu 2nd. The 3rd game (which never got translated) they are going to translate it but only the story that takaoka wrote not the complete game.

Hmmm. Are you sure? The Kickstarter is a little bit unclear on this, admittedly, but I do see this quotation in the Kickstarter:

With your help we will be remaking the older games with new art, re-recorded voices,and we will also be creating an entirely new scenario!

It's certainly very light on details; supporting what you say, I definitely don't see anything clearly saying new art for Narcissu itself... but with that quotation it certainly seems possible that's what they're aiming for.

Hmmm. Are you sure? The Kickstarter is a little bit unclear on this, admittedly, but I do see this quotation in the Kickstarter:

With your help we will be remaking the older games with new art, re-recorded voices,and we will also be creating an entirely new scenario!

It's certainly very light on details; supporting what you say, I definitely don't see anything clearly saying new art for Narcissu itself... but with that quotation it certainly seems possible that's what they're aiming for.

you know I have the same doubt as you I posted it here http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/12027-narcissu-10th-anniversary-anthology-project/ Now i'm not so sure :wacko:

I'm sure this will start a long debate but... which translation "Agilis" or "gp32". My 日本語 skills arent good enough yet.

Agillis

cuz it sounds more legit than gp32

Though I'm curious about this myself as well, will check them both out and report back which one I think looks/sounds better

If you want a liberal one, you might want to get haeleth's translation even. That one's only from an older release with kinda bad sound though (haeleth apparently jumped off the face of the vn-earth a while ago, so they couldn't permission to use his translation for the new release.) A point about Kataoka's style, however, is that it's kind of poetic apparently and thus the somewhat more literal translations may also have merit. You're unlikely to go wrong with any of the translations on the Steam version in any case.

Edited by Zakamutt
linked to haeleth's parting note