Little Busters! Coming to Steam

solidbatman

So rip 18+ version i guess

Wasn't the EX! translation already rip, given that it's been in Limbo for a long while now?

Anyway, haven't read LB but nice to see some more serious VNs coming to Steam. I wonder if Rewrite will make it to Steam one day. Don't even have to argue about removing H content, since there isn't any to begin with.

Why the hell is Fruitbat Factory handling it? Wonder if Sekai Project wanted to do another kickstarter and Visual Arts didn't this time around. I'd be very interested in finding out how this business partnership for Little Busters actually came about and what reason Sekai Project is getting dropped. Did they not like the translation of Clannad or did Sekai Project refuse since they have too many other games in the pipeline right now? Perhaps they had no wish to create physical versions of their games again? I'd be very curious what happened here. 

I find it quite interesting how very different japanese visual novel companies are to other businesses....they don't really stick with one particular company and they don't just go for the more popular companies in a particular area but will randomly go with a new company if it means getting their product out quicker. Very interesting.

Why the hell is Fruitbat Factory handling it? 

Because then we don't have to wait for a Kickstarter before we get stuff. :Kappa:

I'd be very interested in finding out how this business partnership for Little Busters actually came about and what reason Sekai Project is getting dropped. Did they not like the translation of Clannad or did Sekai Project refuse since they have too many other games in the pipeline right now?

This doesn't really mean they've dropped any partnership with SP, though, as far as I can tell.

As I understand it, SP licensed the rights to Clannad in the West and this other company licensed the rights to LB in the West. Pretty simple.
There was no contingent on the Clannad deal that stated SP is now their only way of publishing games in the west or that Visual Art's can't work with other companies anymore, as far as we know.
So it's basically like individually purchasing a product, thus Visual Art's is not tied to any of the companies and is merely getting royalties, a fairly common deal.

So wait, are they releasing just the original game or will it have the extra routes?

They state it's the perfect edition so it does have the extra routes, minus the h-scenes (good riddance).
There's also extra sprites/CGs I believe.

Now that's a good news indeed. ^_^

Are we sure that Fruitbat Factory is publishing it and not just localizing it? Look at this quote from the tlwiki post:

Little Busters! will be released officially in English on Steam by VisualArt’s

One of the reasons VisualArt's/Key would move on from Sekai Project is because publishing your own work pays off more than having someone do it for you and take part of the check. Also, with Harmonia's release on Steam, VisualArt's/Key doesn't really need someone to publish their stuff anymore. And has Fruitbat Factory mentioned their involvement with Tomoyo After? I don't see any indication that they're working on that yet, which means it could be self-published by VisualArt's/Key, too.

This might sound weird, but I kinda hope they actually do use Kickstarter. I really want physical goods.

This is fantastic news! This project has been dead for so long so it's good to hear any kind of news from them. A full on localization means that it'll certainly be completed, and I hope it does very soon since they've been sitting at 98% for like 2 years. Though it looks like they'll be doing allot of editing.

I can't be bothered to make a new thread but Tomoyo After was also licensed (by a different company), in case you didn't notice.
I can already see this one raising a good ol' "18+ vs all ages" debate.

In the case of Tomoyo After, there is an (all-ages only) Memorial Edition that is much expanded and has a new ending. People tell me it's much better than the original. If that's the version they're bringing over, then that's a pretty big benefit for us since only the original has been translated until now.

anyone know who´s waku-productions, as they are supposed to handle the tomoya after stuff, provided by doki´s scripts etc.

Well considering the translation for waku in Japan is to 'grow hot' 'to get excited' or 'boil' I think that perhaps the people worried about Tomoyo After's adult content might actually have a glimmer of hope with a company name like that. I think it's more likely that this will either be a completely new studio or a studio originating from Japan. We'll have to wait and see what becomes of Tomoyo After. It definitely seems though that these visual novel companies are much more interested in grabbing fan-translated games rather than new content...one of the reasons I plan on supporting mikandi's Libra kickstarter...it's something not yet translated and I want to show visual novel companies that untouched/non fan translated visual novels have just as much interest as something already fan-translated. 

anyone know who´s waku-productions, as they are supposed to handle the tomoya after stuff, provided by doki´s scripts etc.

Nope, never heard of them before. Google isn't helping. Anyways, source: http://doki.co/2015/10/31/tomoyo-after-and-little-busters-licensed-to-be-released-on-steam

The best part of this is that they're throwing out the Baka Tsuki portions of the translation, which were actually really awful. 

Nope, never heard of them before. Google isn't helping. Anyways, source: http://doki.co/2015/10/31/tomoyo-after-and-little-busters-licensed-to-be-released-on-steam

The best part of this is that they're throwing out the Baka Tsuki portions of the translation, which were actually really awful. 

Wait a second I heard it was fruitbat factory who were the translators. I feel confused now. :huh: