Tales From The Darkside

TK8305

Anyone here ever watch this creepy horror anthology on Chiller?  I occasionally do!  O_O;

Oh God, I used to watch that from time to time. I was a sucker for shows like this when I was a kid. psyduck.png

The only episode I can actually remember at all involved a lady that was slowly driven insane by talking vegetables, which was every bit as silly as it sounds. ^^;

Anyone here ever watch this creepy horror anthology on Chiller?  I occasionally do!  O_O;

Oh God, I used to watch that from time to time. I was a sucker for shows like this when I was a kid. psyduck.png

The only episode I can actually remember at all involved a lady that was slowly driven insane by talking vegetables, which was every bit as silly as it sounds. ^^;

Ah that's this episode, Love Hungry!  xD

Edited by TK8305

Ah that's this episode, Love Hungry!  xD

That's the one!

There were several of these sorts of shows that I used to watch, actually. Monsters and Night Gallery come to mind. None of which quite lived up to what Twilight Zone did with science fiction though, sadly. 2meo7t1.gif

Might have to go through and watch a couple of them for old times sake at some point. x)

I've always enjoyed anthology shows, but Tales from the Darkside is my least favorite. Nothing really stood out in any way, and I can only recall a handful of episodes. The 90's Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, Masters of Horror and the original Twillight Zone are my favorites.

It's a shame that the uncensored Outer Limits beyond season 1 is impossible to find. The DVD releases were butchered, and Hulu has those versions. Still enjoyable, though.

I've always enjoyed anthology shows, but Tales from the Darkside is my least favorite. Nothing really stood out in any way, and I can only recall a handful of episodes. The 90's Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, Masters of Horror and the original Twillight Zone are my favorites.

It's a shame that the uncensored Outer Limits beyond season 1 is impossible to find. The DVD releases were butchered, and Hulu has those versions. Still enjoyable, though.

I sadly never had much chance to get into Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, or Masters of Horror myself - didn't have access to any of the premium channels that they were airing on, and at the point that I was watching all of this stuff had no other way to acquire the episodes. Sounds like they're worth a look, though?

Agreed on Tales from the Darkside being on the lower end of the scale, though. I liked it well enough, but even when I was a kid I could tell that it wasn't quite up to to par with some of the others. x)