Player Mentors Program - Mentors needed!

Thanks everyone who volunteered, I should have closed this way earlier but got caught up with some issues regarding some personal projects, sorry about that. I'll eventually PM everyone back, don't worry. You can still read the recruitment OP in the spoiler below if you feel like doing so for whatever reason. :P

Hey everyone, here I am again to talk about the Mentorship Program that just recently had its official re-launch. The first edition was a big success and I expected this one to be as well, just... not this much. We started the program with 5 mentors and decided to add more as needed, but it didn't took long before I had to call everyone else who didn't got through the first selection (with the exception of one person, but that's a special case and I made sure to explain the reasons properly) and I'm still struggling here. Since the re-launch, I've received over 60 different e-mails asking about the program, from which around 25 already confirmed their desire to participate in it. As of now, 13 of those have been assigned to a mentor and have either started communicating already, or are still to answer. I think things will slow down soon as the hype passes, but until then, we're in a dire need for more mentors. The requirements this time are lower as anyone who answers this call will be added as a Temporary Mentor, but really, any help would be hugely appreciated. 

If you want to lend us a hand, then PM me with following form:

VNDB profile: (Alternately a list of VNs you've played)

Favorite genres: 

• Forum PM: (Standard)
  • E-mail: (Optional but optimal)
  • Whatever else:

(Choose a preferred channel among your contact options. We'll use Forum PMs as our Standard channel unless you choose a different one. E-mail is optional but most (95%) of the mentees so far prefer to use it)

Timezone:

How many mentees would you like to have? (Most mentors right now have between two or three, but having only one is acceptable as well)

Can you read VNs in Jp? (Yes or No; 1 slot is reserved for a JP reader in case of someone who's not exactly a newcomer to the genre but to the untranslated realm wanting some guidance)

Keep in mind the requirements:

• Capacity to open-mindedly nerd out about visual novels.
  • You need to be nice.  :wafuu:
  • Have some Fuwa exposure: Been a member of Fuwanovel for at least three months and have at least 60 posts.

P.S: The starter list was scrapped since these newcomers have read simply so many different VNs with no specific pattern at all that I don't even anymore. 

Edited by Rose
Done.

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the “><” button.

Dear whoever-wrote-the-'Looking-for-more-Player-Mentors'-forum-announcement.

In a bid to improve my navigational e><perience on this forum, 'surfing' I believe is the modern term, I sought to remove the large, blocky announcement atop the boards proper. See I had already read it, and it was rectangular and coloured (when viewed through my awesome theme) a deep blue, which thoroughly ruined the aesthetics.  So, following your friendly advice I gently pressed the '><' button with the e><pectation that this eyesore would immediately vanish from my field of view.

Nothing happened.

I pressed it once more, and again nothing happened. What was this trickery I had succumbed to? I did not know, but whoever was behind this ruse didn't know who they were dealing with - I know how to deal with such situations. Force. It is, after all, the go-to solution for all tricky problems.

And so I began to hammer on the button using my forefinger with formidable gusto and strength, and when that didn't work I used my fist, and when that didn't work a hammer and after all this it still remained; still blue, still large, still... blobby. Sitting there at the top of the forum mocking my efforts.

Alas, I can no longer follow your suggestion, for I seemed to have driven an... object through the '><' button on my keyboard and it has sustained, erm, damage in the process of being... destroyed. You will note my '><'es no longer contain an '><' at all, and I have been reduced to dreaded leetspeak to appro><imate the letter in question. The agony of being limited only to 25 letters of the alphabet cannot be e><pressed in words. Pity me, for my troubles are great.

Yours in suffering, Rooke.

PS: A good natured and guffaw happy friend has alerted me to my error. I have reread your above announcement and my blunder is now clear. Ah, yes, 'click with the mouse,' I now see where I went wrong. Please ignore all of the above :(

PPS: I mean it, pretend it never happened :( 

Edited by Rooke

sure, sounds fun

I'd like to volunteer please

my emaill is [email protected] and would prefer to use that as a means of communication

my skype name is thidas.hewamana

my timezone is gmt ( from the uk)

my favorite genre is fantasy (not just for visual novels) and i can't read japanese (though im working on fixing that problem atm)

preferred number of mentees is 1 or 2 since this is my first time doing this

edit : vndb : http://www.vndb.org/u85676/list (there are one or two that i haven;t added to that list yet)

Edited by AmamiRiku