princess evangile w happiness english release date ?

black-cat

i know its been announced by mangagamer, but i wonder if there's official release date for it. i've checked their official webpage but i dont see any release date.

i like the original game but a bit dissapointed because we get ritsuko instead of ruriko.

Princess Evangile actually took a long time to go from announcement to release. Something like a year and a half. w happiness will hopefully take less time but don't expect it to go too quickly. In fact, they haven't announced any progress at all yet and you shouldn't assume anything.

You could always join the dark side and try reading it in the original Japanese.  Princess Evangile is a relatively simple read compared to a lot of VNs I've seen.  Else you're going to be stuck waiting a year or so for a translation, I suspect.  Though maybe not that long, I don't recall the fandisk being notably lengthy...

thanks for the answer fellas, i actually havent finished the original yet (only 2 routes finished so far). because i kinda want ruriko to be my first lol. hope it's released soon.

Also i've been wondering why ritsuko instead of ruriko for the original game, given that ritsuko has less interaction with MC while ruriko has much more interaction and scene with MC. not to forget that ritsuko is on different association.

On 10/27/2015 at 8:30 AM, Salurian said:

You could always join the dark side and try reading it in the original Japanese.  Princess Evangile is a relatively simple read compared to a lot of VNs I've seen.  Else you're going to be stuck waiting a year or so for a translation, I suspect.  Though maybe not that long, I don't recall the fandisk being notably lengthy...

LoL if only i could read japanese. hell i dont even have any knowledge about japanese characters. i guess i'll just wait for the english translation.

In all honesty it's not as bad as you might think.

Once you get text hooking software set up, you can generally figure out 70-80% of what's going on, easily enough to infer and go 'oh, that's what's happening/being said'.

A few weeks of intensive study should fairly easily get you a basic grasp of katakana and hiragana, the basic writing forms of Japanese.  Once you can get that, you can read probably half of what's being said and rely on the text hooking software to take care of kanji translation (which is where Japanese really IS hard to learn - kanji is the bane of your existence when you are trying to learn Japanese).

Heck, in my case, I didn't do any formal study into Japanese until years down the line from when I started reading VNs in Japanese, and I pretty much picked up reading hiragana/katakana from association.

When you hear the same words consistently over and over again and you see the same characters come up at the same point over and over again when that word is said, you start going 'oh, that's what those characters mean'.

And when you realize that hiragana and katakana show syllables not letters it becomes even easier, because once you figure out a syllable you can puzzle an entire word out if it's all in basic script.

It is absolutely, 100% worth it if you're willing to try it - there's a huge library of games that open up to you at that point.  Then you are no longer stuck waiting on someone to translate a game - you just go and read it yourself.

And then you end up like me, who DLs the demos for all of the VN releases in Japan every month and figures out which games he wants to pick up by the time they release.

Just a guess but might be around next year maybe Feb. or around summer 2016 site doesn't have a date. I remember when the first game was posted from Mangagamer and it came out not many months after so most likely it won't be long till its done.

http://mangagamer.org/whappiness/

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

Erm, I don't think they thought that url extension through well enough.

thanks for the answer fellas, i actually havent finished the original yet (only 2 routes finished so far). because i kinda want ruriko to be my first lol. hope it's released soon.

Also i've been wondering why ritsuko instead of ruriko for the original game, given that ritsuko has less interaction with MC while ruriko has much more interaction and scene with MC. not to forget that ritsuko is on different association.

In the discussion thread, we all came to the consensus that it was due to a budget cut and that she actually was meant to be a primary route.

On 10/27/2015 at 9:06 AM, Salurian said:

In all honesty it's not as bad as you might think.

Once you get text hooking software set up, you can generally figure out 70-80% of what's going on, easily enough to infer and go 'oh, that's what's happening/being said'.

A few weeks of intensive study should fairly easily get you a basic grasp of katakana and hiragana, the basic writing forms of Japanese.  Once you can get that, you can read probably half of what's being said and rely on the text hooking software to take care of kanji translation (which is where Japanese really IS hard to learn - kanji is the bane of your existence when you are trying to learn Japanese).

Heck, in my case, I didn't do any formal study into Japanese until years down the line from when I started reading VNs in Japanese, and I pretty much picked up reading hiragana/katakana from association.

When you hear the same words consistently over and over again and you see the same characters come up at the same point over and over again when that word is said, you start going 'oh, that's what those characters mean'.

And when you realize that hiragana and katakana show syllables not letters it becomes even easier, because once you figure out a syllable you can puzzle an entire word out if it's all in basic script.

It is absolutely, 100% worth it if you're willing to try it - there's a huge library of games that open up to you at that point.  Then you are no longer stuck waiting on someone to translate a game - you just go and read it yourself.

And then you end up like me, who DLs the demos for all of the VN releases in Japan every month and figures out which games he wants to pick up by the time they release.

thank you for the tips, maybe i'll start learning japanese if i'm better at english. 

On 10/27/2015 at 9:06 AM, Abyssal Monkey said:
On 10/27/2015 at 10:06 PM, Vargas said:

Just a guess but might be around next year maybe Feb. or around summer 2016 site doesn't have a date. I remember when the first game was posted from Mangagamer and it came out not many months after so most likely it won't be long till its done.

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

On 10/27/2015 at 8:37 AM, black-cat said:

In the discussion thread, we all came to the consensus that it was due to a budget cut and that she actually was meant to be a primary route.

where can i find the discussion thread ?

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

/whappiness/

Edited by Rico

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got Princess Evangile through Nutaku.com's website. I play all the games they have on there (like Pero Pero Seduction, Quiz of Valkarie, and a host of others.). Have already played the game through once already but because I did not know what I was doing got stopped after the finishing at the looking up at the constellation part. Got a "Bad something or other for my troubles. Will start again soon once I figure out how to play the game right.

• 10 months later...

I'm waiting for PE: WH to release so I can buy both games bundled together. I wouldn't be surprised if they have it ready for Otakon or even Anime Expo...it's one of their popular series so they might want to try and capitalize on that at the conventions where people pay for physical goods. It does depend on whether beta testing goes well but we'll likely see it in a few months.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, TexasDice said:

Don't expect to wait that much longer.

u4k3IFt.png

It has been sitting at 100%/100% for a good two months now, so I would expect it to hit the shop in august. 

well i expected that to be happen, it's okay to waiting for english patch, because i still play other VN though, so i'm okay for wait that.