Sengoku Rance CG and save error

demon24xy

Hello I have the same exact problem as these two except on windows 10.

and in case anyone asks no I can't revert back to windows 7 if I could I would have a long time ago.

Hope someone can help, Thanks!

Edit: The reason this is such a bother is because I can't start a second game or new game plus when I have this problem, meaning I can't complete most routes.

I had a similar problem, a long time ago.  It's a problem that comes up on various VNs that has to do with the save folder being broken when made on a different computer, since the downloads usually come with the save folders pre-made.

I don't know the exact specificities of the problem, but one solution is to delete the save folder then re-open the game.  It should re-make the folder automatically.  Be sure you move your main save outside the folder when you delete it though, because any saves inside of it will probably be lost.

I'm unsure if it'll end up retaining completed CGs, but once the save folder is re-made it should fix the issue.  You might end up having to re-play it from the start depending on how it turns out.  I haven't done much testing with the problem on my part.

I had a similar problem, a long time ago.  It's a problem that comes up on various VNs that has to do with the save folder being broken when made on a different computer, since the downloads usually come with the save folders pre-made.

I don't know the exact specificities of the problem, but one solution is to delete the save folder then re-open the game.  It should re-make the folder automatically.  Be sure you move your main save outside the folder when you delete it though, because any saves inside of it will probably be lost.

I'm unsure if it'll end up retaining completed CGs, but once the save folder is re-made it should fix the issue.  You might end up having to re-play it from the start depending on how it turns out.  I haven't done much testing with the problem on my part.

Okay i'm trying that now, I hope it works but it will be a little annoying if this is the solution. 

Edit: Wow I actually think that worked...well than. It might mess up again later, but thank you very much.

Okay i'm trying that now, I hope it works but it will be a little annoying if this is the solution. 

Edit: Wow I actually think that worked...well than. It might mess up again later, but thank you very much.

This isn't the only VN with the issue, so if you see anything strange with the settings or etc not saving when you open it back up I'd delete the save folder just to be safe.

This isn't the only VN with the issue, so if you see anything strange with the settings or etc not saving when you open it back up I'd delete the save folder just to be safe.

Okay thanks :)

• 7 years later...