Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project

InvertMouse

9BCNpkk.jpg

Everyone here is really awesome, but I have to be the one to post this. Narcissu was my first visual novel, and it is one of my favorite stories from any medium. Anyway, I will let you folks take a look:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/narcissu-10th-anniversary-anthology-project

(^-^)

thats right, i'm o.k with them adding extra storys. however i'm not o.k with them messing around with the original story that we all know and love.

edit: i just found this out in the comments

Creator sekaiproject about 4 hours ago
@rotinoma: We'll look into it 
@Greg Wright: Due to the new engine it currently only supports Windows at this time, however the $200k stretch goal will allow us to port it to other platforms or consoles.

they better off using renpy to make linux and mac support not a junk engine that only makes windows .exe

Edited by firecat

No, just no, I would love to support this but sekai project you can go to hell, it really really saddens me to not support this ): 

Explain

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/bring-was-the-hourglass-of-lepidoptera-to-the-west

At $30,000, voices (event and scene replay only) will be unlocked and Limited quantity of Shikishi (autographs) from Seiyuu will be available. 

At $46,000, full voices unlocked, we will be able to do additional recording on character voices (expect for the protagonist) to make the game fully voiced! Shikishi signed by Seiyuu and personalized with backers names will be available. <-------------- we made 59.740 $

WAS –The Hourglass release date: april 2015

april 6 update 

"Hi Backers,

Production of WAS has slipped a little and we'll need some extra time. We expect the release to be delayed and will have an updated timeframe as soon as possible" This update was for everyone to see.

may 15

"There's still some scheduling issues on getting all the voice work done so this alpha release will still be voiceless like the earlier demo." still this update was public also just a little delay is ok, i'm fine with that.

- Between may and September they added partial voices and removed it later on without telling anyone, they were claiming this was the full voiced patch (the original ver of the game already have the 30k goal)

Sep 15

"Hello backers,

Sorry for the very long period for no news about WAS. We're happy to report that a new patch for the game is currently being uploaded to Steam, once uploaded Steam should update the game with full voice support. We'll be double checking for any missing lines and move towards an actual release." this one is not public anymore...  .

This patch was a mess, it was a very old alpha version mostly in japanese...

October 6, yes almost a month later!

"Hello Backers,

The previous update should not have been posted and the update was reverted on Steam.

The information received regarding the status of voices was not double checked by another staff member before it was uploaded as an alpha build.

We will have another update in the future with status of release and when some physical items will be shipping."

This update is also private, they "found out" about their mistake almost a month later, ignoring every comment also they deleted a post on steam forums. 

This was their response to my complain oct 6: 

"All production work was managed by the circle initially. After September of this year we've taken over. More details will be provided once we've gotten the OK from legal."<--- still not news about anything and the game is in alpha without full voices (they are not answering about this topic)

This is only one of my complains with sekai project.

Can we not purposefully try and start these discussions? 

*Snort* You really don't know Bats very well :P. Salt is the source of his strength - the more salt there is, the more energy he has to interact with his girlfriend. And he likes interacting with his girlfriend... or so the rumours say.

Everyone here is really awesome, but I have to be the one to post this. Narcissu was my first visual novel, and it is one of my favorite stories from any medium. Anyway, I will let you folks take a look:

I completely missed this 0.0 I wish them luck, even though I've never read it and probably never will (not really my kind of story.)

Edited by Rooke

No, just no, I would love to support this but sekai project you can go to hell, it really really saddens me to not support this ): 

Explain

Whenever anything related to Sekai goes up, the same couple of people always go, "Fuck Sekai" which is rather silly as Sekai Project, despite some faults, is doing good work bringing stuff over officially. 

Explain

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/bring-was-the-hourglass-of-lepidoptera-to-the-west

At $30,000, voices (event and scene replay only) will be unlocked and Limited quantity of Shikishi (autographs) from Seiyuu will be available. 

At $46,000, full voices unlocked, we will be able to do additional recording on character voices (expect for the protagonist) to make the game fully voiced! Shikishi signed by Seiyuu and personalized with backers names will be available. <-------------- we made 59.740 $

WAS –The Hourglass release date: april 2015

april 6 update 

"Hi Backers,

Production of WAS has slipped a little and we'll need some extra time. We expect the release to be delayed and will have an updated timeframe as soon as possible" This update was for everyone to see.

may 15

"There's still some scheduling issues on getting all the voice work done so this alpha release will still be voiceless like the earlier demo." still this update was public also just a little delay is ok, i'm fine with that.

- Between may and September they added partial voices and removed it later on without telling anyone, they were claiming this was the full voiced patch (the original ver of the game already have the 30k goal)

Sep 15

"Hello backers,

Sorry for the very long period for no news about WAS. We're happy to report that a new patch for the game is currently being uploaded to Steam, once uploaded Steam should update the game with full voice support. We'll be double checking for any missing lines and move towards an actual release." this one is not public anymore...  .

This patch was a mess, it was a very old alpha version mostly in japanese...

October 6, yes almost a month later!

"Hello Backers,

The previous update should not have been posted and the update was reverted on Steam.

The information received regarding the status of voices was not double checked by another staff member before it was uploaded as an alpha build.

We will have another update in the future with status of release and when some physical items will be shipping."

This update is also private, they "found out" about their mistake almost a month later, ignoring every comment also they deleted a post on steam forums. 

This was their response to my complain oct 6: 

"All production work was managed by the circle initially. After September of this year we've taken over. More details will be provided once we've gotten the OK from legal."<--- still not news about anything and the game is in alpha without full voices (they are not answering about this topic)

This is only one of my complains with sekai project.

Its almost like they don't have complete control over things they didn't create or have complete rights to... 

lol why do i even bother :Teeku:

Explain

Whenever anything related to Sekai goes up, the same couple of people always go, "Fuck Sekai" which is rather silly as Sekai Project, despite some faults, is doing good work bringing stuff over officially. 

its almost as if you are just ignoring every single fact on purpose about what SP is doing wrong and trying to defend them at any cost :rolleyes: but oh well i will stop arguing about this, but i will not stop complaining about what I believe (and have proof)

Edited by Deep Blue

I don't know, maybe you should stop.

edit: Okay, I won't stoop to your level and will actually try to be at least halfway productive in my posting. If you have a rebuttal, then fucking post it instead of shitting and running. Bats' point was brief but salient. The doujin circle behind WAS was in almost complete control of the project and were making a mess of things. Sekai Project had to engage in a legal battle just so they can do this much and try to make things right for people. Apparently this makes them a villain? 

Shit happens with kickstarter projects. They almost never go as planned. What actually matters is how these companies handle things when they go bad and whether or not they'll actually deliver on their promises. It sounds like things will get on track with WAS again and they will actually deliver. That would make it a successful project in my books. Do you have an actual rebuttal for this or will you just post another asinine one liner?

Edited by Decay

I don't know, maybe you should stop.

edit: Okay, I won't stoop to your level and will actually try to be at least halfway productive in my posting. If you have a rebuttal, then fucking post it instead of shitting and running. Bats' point was brief but salient. The doujin circle behind WAS was in almost complete control of the project and were making a mess of things. Sekai Project had to engage in a legal battle just so they can do this much and try to make things right for people. Apparently this makes them a villain? 

Shit happens with kickstarter projects. They almost never go as planned. What actually matters is how these companies handle things when they go bad and whether or not they'll actually deliver on their promises. It sounds like things will get on track with WAS again and they will actually deliver. That would make it a successful project in my books. Do you have an actual rebuttal for this or will you just post another asinine one liner?

did you even read my post? they never stated anything about having legal problems, at least not willingly, they deleted a post, they dont share any kind of information about what they are doing, brief but salient? what kind of argument is "Whenever anything related to Sekai goes up, the same couple of people always go, "Fuck Sekai" which is rather silly as Sekai Project, despite some faults, is doing good work bringing stuff over officially. " just because they are translating vn they can do whatever they want :huh: do you consider "some faults" what i just posted? 

Just to be clear:

*Deleting a post
*Not commenting about full voices
*Doing an update adding partial voices and saying it was full and then taking it back (the patch not about being fully voiced when it was partially voiced)
*Releasing an update without checking what were they doing and after almost month later realizing what they did wrong 
*going from public updates to private ones just as coincidence

This is just a legal issue, right? this is just me with my asinine arguments xD

Edited by Deep Blue

The "brief but salient point" was how SP doesn't have control over what they don't have control over. SP had very little control over how the WAS project was run until just recently. They took over control of the project from the doujin circle and now is saying that they can't give full details until it's approved by their lawyers. It certainly sounds like some kind of messy legal nonsense went down surrounding this project.

The "brief but salient point" was how SP doesn't have control over what they don't have control over. SP had very little control over how the WAS project was run until just recently. They took over control of the project from the doujin circle and now is saying that they can't give full details until it's approved by their lawyers. It certainly sounds like some kind of messy legal nonsense went down surrounding this project.

it seems to me that as backers we should know about this issues "dear backers we are having legal issues with this project, right now things are out of our hands, we will keep you informed" <---that's extremely hard to do, right?after almost 8 month of delay that few lines are just too hard to write.

*Snort* You really don't know Bats very well :P. Salt is the source of his strength - the more salt there is, the more energy he has to interact with his girlfriend. And he likes interacting with his girlfriend... or so the rumours say.

Yes, I do know. Which is why I know he likes to start shit whenever topics like this come up. We've been over all of this shit plenty of times, and it's been discussed to hell and back on every other visual novel community as well. There's no need to go over all of this again and again. 

Explain

Some people have legitimate complaints as to how they do things. There's nothing wrong with that, nor should everyone ignore any faults simply because they localize visual novels. 

Edited by Chuee

Apparently this makes them a villain? 

A lot of the hatred directed at Sekai stems from a distaste of Dovac himself. And that applies double for 4chan communities. The attempts to ratiionalise their hatred for the entire company tends to be a little weak, though.

it seems to me that as backers we should know about this issues "dear backers we are having legal issues with this project, right now things are out of our hands, we will keep you informed" <---that's extremely hard to do, right?after almost 8 month of delay that few lines are just too hard to write.

No thanks, that just starts speculation, and because of the nature of the internet most of the speculation will be stupid and over the top. They'll let you know when they are allowed to let you know. 6 months delay isn't a very long time, and to be frank expecting things to be released on time reveals an ignorance of game production cycles (outside of games rushed out the door by AAA publishers) and an ignorance of Kickstarter itself (especially kickstarters run by the inexperienced.) Are there things to be disappointed over? Probably? Are there things to be abusive over? No, that's just the standard internet idiocy running wild again. I've just ducked in from the RPG community where an amazing game was just released 5 years late, to see... what complaints now?

People really need a little bit more tolerance and patience.

they bring it alright but they only got the known English side, not anything worthy like:

Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi - https://vndb.org/v5871

Hikari no Valusia ~What a Beautiful Hopes~ https://vndb.org/v2390

Kara no Shoujo 3 - https://vndb.org/v17012

they only want money not the audience.