What are the qualities that you look for in your future wife/husband?

MikeY91

Three things:

The first two are also, probably not coincidentally, the primary things I look for when interviewing people for a job: competent and responsible. I think this is my version of what other people have said about "on the same wavelength" and "intelligent", but with the benefit of another few years (or another decade...) of experience. I don't care about quick-wittedness or cleverness, but rather about whether a person is able to understand important things (however much time it takes to reach that understanding) and willing to take ownership of things personally and ensure that everything goes well in that sphere.

Third, and just as important: kind

It's rare that I deem a woman to be physically unattractive. If that were the case, then I'd probably have trouble with a relationship with that person, but I don't consider this a major criterion like the above because it's very rare that it's not met, unlike those first three.

Loyalty.

pretty much this, you can have the most intelligent, pretty, that enjoys video games, visual novels, etc etc but that is going to screw you up and leave you the minute that something goes wrong, let it be a money problem, health, etc etc (something important) then everything else doesnt matter and that person is not worth it and sadly most of the people out there are like that... when things get tough everyone leaves that's the human nature i guess :sleep:

I'm glad someone agrees with me!

Someone like a dog.

You get into some fights with them, but always win.

But s/he's p. clingy; enjoys being with you.

Also, p. smart.

Other than that, I want to be an author, so they have to be rich.

And do all the work.

People tell me I possibly border on yandere, so someone who'll understand that too.

I would be a very helpful, encouraging, and sweet spouse to anyone like this. <3 With a sadistic streak tho!

Girl must have IQ above 110, could make things done (e.g. being responsible) and love me being myself (and not some gallant guy I usually be on dates). Not required to be kind, but not to be a bitch all around, so something in the middle. And important for her to understand me, when she can argue and when she should just shut up and agree with me, in order not to go into useless quarrel (well, I think person with IQ above 110 could do this without any problem) and respect me and my hobbies (no need to share them, just respect is enough). Absolutely required her to be honest with me in everything and not be a religious follower (so agnostic/atheist works best). Also hope she would have also something interesting about herself, means she would not be boring person to speak about everything, but again I do not think that educated person could be boring enough, but who knows...

Seems that's all I can think of.

Ah, no, almost forgot, She should be cute :) Long legs and sporty body preferred.

Edited by Scorp

If I had to think things on top of my head I guess the main thing I could ask for is good chemistry, can we get along and can we problem solve together. Physical attraction is really good thing to have, it's hard to date someone you find to be ugly (I'm sorry, it just is) but it's not impossible. Another trait that I'm somewhat attracted to is someone who has a strong personality and can whoop my ass into shape if needed to. It's not that I dislike timid people but for some odd reason I'm attracted to "stronger" woman. Intelligence isn't really an issue for me at all, don't care if they're smart or dumb. Religion might be a bigger issue, I'm an atheist and it would be really hard for someone to date me if they're unable to accept that. I don't care if they're religious at all but they would need to accept that I'm not.

So my classification of a perfect woman is somewhat vague but I'm not looking for perfection, just someone I can get along with and love be loved in return. :yumiko:

If I had to think things on top of my head I guess the main thing I could ask for is good chemistry, can we get along and can we problem solve together. Physical attraction is really good thing to have, it's hard to date someone you find to be ugly (I'm sorry, it just is) but it's not impossible. Another trait that I'm somewhat attracted to is someone who has a strong personality and can whoop my ass into shape if needed to. It's not that I dislike timid people but for some odd reason I'm attracted to "stronger" woman. Intelligence isn't really an issue for me at all, don't care if they're smart or dumb. Religion might be a bigger issue, I'm an atheist and it would be really hard for someone to date me if they're unable to accept that. I don't care if they're religious at all but they would need to accept that I'm not.

So my classification of a perfect woman is somewhat vague but I'm not looking for perfection, just someone I can get along with and love be loved in return. :yumiko:

Religion and politics are huge issues in a relationship. It is something you shouldn't ignore and you have to do everything in your power to make sure your views or aligned. If you don't, it can be a problematic root for an argument. I'm not saying you shouldn't date or marry people of different religions but you might have a better chance of preserving your relationship if you and your significant other believe in similar things.

This issue always comes up especially when the husband and wife of different religions have a kid and they are in a conflict whether the kid should have the father's religion or the mother's religion and this becomes even more troublesome if they are very orthodox or very religious.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Honestly, they've got to be logical. That's the absolute minimum.  If we can't sway each other from a terrible decision using logic because one of us is too emotionally involved, then I can't see a promising outcome for the relationship. This is a nice blunt way of saying that they need some form of intelligence.

Other pseudo mandatory things are that they can't be  grotesquely deformed, with emphasis on morbid obesity.  I prefer a not to be taken to the hospital when I get rolled over onto in bed and then to not be able to get there in time because the car broke down due to being over capacity. :vinty:  I don't think asking for reasonable proportions here is being too cruel.

They should probably be energetic.  As I'm a bit lazy and won't really go out at all, having someone drag me around to new places would be a great boon.

As for bonus points, long hair (read bust and below) is greatly favored and will probably make me overlook other minor problems.  Breast size doesn't really matter too much, but I find unweildly boobs a turn off.  Being kinky in bed is nice as I can see myself being on the sadodominant side of the BDSM.

She must be a better cook than me...oh and i want her to be able to lead me in various ways.

I'll lead you :yumiko:

Jk~

Hmm, for me I don't know! Lol. 

I haven't been in enough relationships to really have a preference. Someone willing to be pushed and in return push me to better ourselves. Also, while wanting to better ourselves, I don't mean in a materialstic or social standing way. More on physical health, mental health, family and friends, while OK with not being to ambitious. 

Basically able to be happy with what you have! 

She must be a better cook than me...oh and i want her to be able to lead me in various ways.

I'll lead you :yumiko:

Jk~

Hmm, for me I don't know! Lol. 

I haven't been in enough relationships to really have a preference. Someone willing to be pushed and in return push me to better ourselves. Also, while wanting to better ourselves, I don't mean in a materialstic or social standing way. More on physical health, mental health, family and friends, while OK with not being to ambitious. 

Basically able to be happy with what you have! 

I dont mind, if u r a trap.

-being a real living woman

-not a religiouse person (they are not bad people becaue of that i just can't stand it)

-no racist, nazi, or something like that I hardly consider such people even human and if I do I see them more like humen dirt

Now where it gets problematic:

-at least as smart and interested in physics, chemics and math as I am

-similar interests additionally to those I already mentioned, like anime, VNs, manga, gaming, politics and so on

-not too woman-like, I'm just going to assume you know what I mean not neccesarily to an extend wher you would call it tomboyish (which I wouldn't mind though) just not too much

-I can discuss with her about various things

-Since I'm a rather shy and introverted person she needs to be able to take the lead in many things