If your High School experience were a VN, what ending did you get?

Zalor

Honestly, my high school years were terrible because I was a total mess emotionally.  I avoided everyone because of my shyness & anxieties, so I didn't really have any close friends and sometimes ended up being targeted by bullies.  At that time I escaped into internet/games to deal with the loneliness and ended up crushing on someone I talked with a lot.  That resulted in a Bad Ending.  There were two people at school that I interacted superficially with, and they treated me really kindly so I ended up crushing on them throughout my high school years.. but I was never able to act on those feelings, so they just ended up in Bad Endings - nothing happened.  I was just a weirdo somewhat obsessed with them from afar, and just enjoyed their company when I got it.

I've never went to any kind of prom or w/e due to not ever having anyone to go with.

It wasn't until college that I started opening up more, made some friends, and received a few confessions.  Those confessions never resulted in anything because I couldn't see myself lasting long with them, nor did I like them in a romantic sense... Plus, I couldn't let myself date due to certain parts of myself I was still struggling with.  There was one person I had a super crush on, where I became quite head over heels, but once again I couldn't act on those feelings, so it eventually turned into a Bad Ending again - nothing happened.  I was always so guarded and picky about who I let in, but I finally decided to give dating a try with someone nice that I got along well with.  It wasn't the sort of "I like you so much, let's date!" kind, but "hey, we get along as friends and have stuff in common, let's try it out?" kind of relationship.  After a couple years, that turned into a Bad Ending since we broke up I guess.  But overall, it was still a good experience.

Soo if my school romance life were a VN, I'm thinking something similar to utsuge ^^; lots of depressing and uncertain feelings~ lol.

I would say i got a normal ending, i don't really regret anything about high school nor do i think that i had a great time. in my opinion i think it is too early to have a relationship in high school, i know people like 'experimenting' but i feel like it is unfair for me to date a girl just for the heck of trying what dating feels like.

To be honest with you, those are my thoughts as well. Also, due to the nature of my school, most people had too much work to do to focus on relationships, including myself. There wasn't really a dating culture in my school, and there were only a handful of couples in total. The only time during high school where I actually would have had time for a relationship was during my last semester of senior year. Everything before that I was up to my neck in work (and so were most other people).  

A VN end is meant to be bad or good. How real life turns out is just an "end". You can make whatever of it and from there go anyway you want.

That's what's interesting about comparing life to a VN. Unlike a VN where things completely end, and depending on that ending it is either good or bad. In life, phases end, but the whole thing still continues. And indeed, the way certain phases of your life end aren't necessarily bad or good, they just ended. While in a VN I would have gotten the 'bad ending', because my romantic life was non existent. From a non VN perspective, things overall went quite well. I made good friends and got into the college of my choice.  

I hit the true end where I somehow broke up with my high school sweetheart, went to the other side of the country and met a new cast of less interesting cardboard cutout versions of the characters I met at home, and wasted away in loneliness. However, there is a plot twist at the very end where I come back from that side of the country, and meet back up with that same high school sweetheart and we get back together, closer than ever before. So... pretty decent true end. :P

Best way I can describe it. xD

1) Narrate this shit, would read

2) Very happy for you, hope things turned out fine

I'm in complete agreement. I would read that as well. Also, congrats. 

so any childhood friend confessions yet? Im still waiting for those. :holo: 

As I said earlier

I married my childhood sweetheart, we had two kids and lived happily ever after.

Knew her when we were little kids up to about year 7 then we didn't cross paths for years and met up again in university where I asked her out and the rest is history...

I'd say mine's would be a neutral end. Sure, things ended better than expected (especially when compared to middle school which was a bleak point in my life) but at the same time I finished school without anyone to really enjoy it with. (I had moved towns near the end of my 3rd year so I didn't have much time to get acquainted with people who possibly knew each other for the last few years). On the bright side, it sorta ended on a high-ish note since the path to college opened up, and so far that's been going good.

Maybe it's my lack of VN experience, but I don't think I can map my high school experience to a VN. I had two girlfriends, who I kind of swapped between after each year (I offer no defense except that we were all flighty teenagers), and a couple of brief flings. I was going to say that all is well with all of us and that in terms of relationships, high school shouldn't be taken too seriously, but after a quick Facebook lookup, it seems both of the ex-es, as well as myself, are all getting a bit long in the tooth and are still unmarried (and probably not exactly delighted about that)... hmm. Anyway, given that I intentionally broke off one relationship and failed to enter the other, I guess we all got a bad ending. Yay!

Honestly, my high school years were terrible because I was a total mess emotionally.  I avoided everyone because of my shyness & anxieties, so I didn't really have any close friends and sometimes ended up being targeted by bullies.  At that time I escaped into internet/games to deal with the loneliness and ended up crushing on someone I talked with a lot.  That resulted in a Bad Ending.  There were two people at school that I interacted superficially with, and they treated me really kindly so I ended up crushing on them throughout my high school years.. but I was never able to act on those feelings, so they just ended up in Bad Endings - nothing happened.  I was just a weirdo somewhat obsessed with them from afar, and just enjoyed their company when I got it.

I've never went to any kind of prom or w/e due to not ever having anyone to go with.

Hidden Content

Soo if my school romance life were a VN, I'm thinking something similar to utsuge ^^; lots of depressing and uncertain feelings~ lol.

I know this is horrendously circlejerky but this honestly makes Rains x Cyr even more heartwarming <3 

Tough story, hopefully you're in better condition now  

Having started college a few months ago, I still find myself looking back on high school in a very retrospective light. Sometimes I look back with nostalgia on the fun I had with my friends and the joys of my old life, but other times (including most recently) I look back on the things I regret. Particularly I regret my complete inaction in pursuing romantic relations. If my High School experience were like a VN, I got (and indeed I chose) the no girl bad ending. In fact, the no girl ending in Yume Miru Kusuri basically summarizes my experience. The fact that I can identify with the main protagonist from YMK (Kouhei Kagami) as much as I can is almost scary. Quotes from that ending like "I just couldn't be bothered. There have been a number of chances. And when I think about it, they all had to do with girls. I kept my distance from them, because of their peculiarities. I was concerned that I might get caught up in something bothersome. And that's why I refrained from getting involved with any of them." (Not using a spoiler tag since this quote doesn't really spoil anything from the VN)

What's particularly striking about this is that much like that ending, I had options. Not just options, but multiple opportunities that I repeatedly declined. There were girls that I knew were interested in me, and I intentionally did nothing about it. At the time I dismissed them because I didn't think we would match well. But that sounds a bit too much like "I kept my distance from them, because of their peculiarities." And above all, much like a bad ending, I feel this lingering hopelessness. I realize that I haven't really changed much from high school. Which makes me fear Kouhei's concluding words in that bad ending even more, "I'm sure that, in reality... I never really wanted it to change..."

In all honestly, I think things will be fine for me (in the future); I'm just in a particularly gloomy mood right now which is influencing my thoughts and writing. But yeah, how about you guys? If your high school experience were a visual novel, what ending did you get? (I'm really curious if anybody got something resembling the childhood friend ending.)  

I can relate to that feeling. 

Now I'm still in highschool, at the time went most of the studying part is over and there are looots of tests, the preparation for entrance exams is also going in high gear. So yeah I'm basically past the point where I could afford to fool around.

There were a couple of chances but as you said I did absolutely nothing. Just thought that it probably won't amount to much and being indecisive. Plus I have high aspirations to get into a pretty hard-to-get college and so I blatantly used that excuse saying that I need to study and shouldn't get myself distracted.

On the path to get the neutral end.

Was pretty much a delinquent in my highschool years, their were some girls I was interested in but I was bad at pursuing romance (still am). So I just skipped school all the time and would pop my head in once or twice a week to keep my grades up. I was pretty much Okazaki Tomoya/ Sunohara from Clannad except that I managed to get good enough grades to go to university and no romantic relationships. A part of me actually liked my highschool years where I did nothing at all and had pretty much 0 responsibilities.

So somewhere between a bad and neutral ending I guess.

If I try to remember my high-school, I was not really interested in girls apart last 2-3 years. Got a girlfriend somewhere on summer holidays before last year, I thought it was serious, but for her it was just "random guy to fuck while she prepare for her entrance exams" (she was older than me for a year I suppose, so she was aimed for university). So no wonder, one day I just did not got response on my call and after came to her house it was empty (she moved to another town along with her parents, while told me absolutely nothing). Never heard about her anymore.

But this got quite an impact on me, as I decided that I will change my own character after I graduate, as this is not acceptable to be such a loser. Well, learned and tested lot of pickup techniques for loosers, sort of helped me to be more relaxed. Also made tons of acquaintances of opposite sex this way, helped me to learn how females think, some of them became my true friends, so I would say the bad ending I got at school was really a good ending, as if I did not came into that situation - I think I would not even bother to become a better man, so all what happened - was for good.

So now I even think about this like it was all a sweet and dear memory. Never liked school itself though.

Edited by Scorp

My high school experience as a VN? You could sell it on Steam and there’d be no need for a nude-restoration patch, since my relationships never lasted long enough to get that far. I’d say I got the frustratingly normal ending. I graduated and went to college. The college sequel would be pretty boring, since it was pretty much like high school, though maybe some more erotic content. I don’t get full eroge content until my mid 20’s.

In my case... you know the character archetype where there's a guy who is a friend of the protagonist, wears glasses, is really smart and is generally liked by everyone but doesn't seem to have any interest in dating... but gives the protagonist good advice about his relationships with the other girls that ends up really helping him later down the line?

That was me in high school.

I might have gotten a Normal Ending, but I prevented so many Bad Endings in the process...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to say.
Most likely similar to Sunohara's ending in Clannad.

No, not that one. The ending where they're basically best friends.
It was the same for me, I got myself a best friend after many years of... hate.
So it was all good, the annoying part is that I didn't get any girl's end, because I was in a all-boys school, and I'm not the person to get that kind of ending. :wahaha:

My ending would be a neutral no girl ending.  I wouldn't go with a bad end because I graduated with pretty high marks, but I was too shy to ever ask out any girl and I don't remember any girl in high school ever talking to me when she didn't have to for group work.  Actually thinking back I don't think I had a high school crush, so it was actually uninterest all around.  All my crushes were in junior high and all of them went to different high schools than me.