If your High School experience were a VN, what ending did you get?

Zalor

Having started college a few months ago, I still find myself looking back on high school in a very retrospective light. Sometimes I look back with nostalgia on the fun I had with my friends and the joys of my old life, but other times (including most recently) I look back on the things I regret. Particularly I regret my complete inaction in pursuing romantic relations. If my High School experience were like a VN, I got (and indeed I chose) the no girl bad ending. In fact, the no girl ending in Yume Miru Kusuri basically summarizes my experience. The fact that I can identify with the main protagonist from YMK (Kouhei Kagami) as much as I can is almost scary. Quotes from that ending like "I just couldn't be bothered. There have been a number of chances. And when I think about it, they all had to do with girls. I kept my distance from them, because of their peculiarities. I was concerned that I might get caught up in something bothersome. And that's why I refrained from getting involved with any of them." (Not using a spoiler tag since this quote doesn't really spoil anything from the VN)

What's particularly striking about this is that much like that ending, I had options. Not just options, but multiple opportunities that I repeatedly declined. There were girls that I knew were interested in me, and I intentionally did nothing about it. At the time I dismissed them because I didn't think we would match well. But that sounds a bit too much like "I kept my distance from them, because of their peculiarities." And above all, much like a bad ending, I feel this lingering hopelessness. I realize that I haven't really changed much from high school. Which makes me fear Kouhei's concluding words in that bad ending even more, "I'm sure that, in reality... I never really wanted it to change..."

In all honestly, I think things will be fine for me (in the future); I'm just in a particularly gloomy mood right now which is influencing my thoughts and writing. But yeah, how about you guys? If your high school experience were a visual novel, what ending did you get? (I'm really curious if anybody got something resembling the childhood friend ending.)  

If my life was a visual novel it wouldn't be me who takes on the role of protagonist, I would be a unnamed character that appears in the background art of a single cg. I did nothing with my highschool life. I was only there to get decent grades so my pops would not yell at me for being a failure (well at least limit the amount of yelling), so I could spend my free time on my computer in peace. I am the typical npc character, forever avoiding important choices, until a actual protagonist chooses a bad end that results in a mass npc murder.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Well, I ended up confessing to my high schoo crush, on the very last day of high school.
So if this was a VN it would be bad end where the heroine smiles knowingly with a sad look on her face : )

A VN end is meant to be bad or good. How real life turns out is just an "end". You can make whatever of it and from there go anyway you want.

I didnt date any girl on high-school I was really shy and any chance I had i just let it by, I actually met my ex-girlfriend on the internet, sometimes I think about those days and get a little depressed because I didnt enjoy my time as much as I should but what is done is done, you have a long road ahead of you :) So ganbatte ne!

Is there a VN where you don't get any choices and then end up with a bad end because you didn't pick a girl? Cause that'd be my highschool (and university) life in a nutshell

tons of them, in clannad for example you end up being alone or even with sunohara in a gay relationship xD in katawa shoujo

Kenji kills you in the roof you dont end up alone just dead because you didnt pick any of the girls :P 

tons of them, in clannad for example you end up being alone or even with sunohara in a gay relationship xD in katawa shoujo

No, I mean a VN without choices, Clannad has plenty of choices :P

so basically a kinetic or linear vn with a bad or just not a happy ending mmm yeah i don't know about that, now I'm curious too xD Maybe the guru @Clephas knows about it :P

Gothderi comes to mind... its only ending is pretty non-good.  Kinetic novels are generally in the minority, so it is hard to think up examples.  I can't remember the ending to Namima no Kuni no Faust or Sinclient, but I'm pretty sure both were pretty bittersweet.

I hit the true end where I somehow broke up with my high school sweetheart, went to the other side of the country and met a new cast of less interesting cardboard cutout versions of the characters I met at home, and wasted away in loneliness. However, there is a plot twist at the very end where I come back from that side of the country, and meet back up with that same high school sweetheart and we get back together, closer than ever before. So... pretty decent true end. :P

Best way I can describe it. xD

I hit the true end where I somehow broke up with my high school sweetheart, went to the other side of the country and met a new cast of less interesting cardboard cutout versions of the characters I met at home, and wasted away in loneliness. However, there is a plot twist at the very end where I come back from that side of the country, and meet back up with that same high school sweetheart and we get back together, closer than ever before. So... pretty decent true end. :P

1) Narrate this shit, would read

2) Very happy for you, hope things turned out fine

My high school life is like a VN cut into 2 parts where part 1 says "To be continued" in the end. My bf and I were just "good" friends in high school, so it's mostly slice of life scenes in a VN sense. Then we graduated and went out separate ways but destiny wouldn't let us get separated. My bf needed a cheap apartment and coincidentally the landlord of my apartment said we have a spare residence. So my bf resided just a floor above me and we were just a stairway away from each other. 

Then part 2 is an "after story/fandisc" of our college life together at different schools and how it evolved into complete harmony and bliss of what it is today. Away from all the slice of life/common route crap from part 1, we are now on the actual route with romance, realism, ecchi scenes, and sometimes drama. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I gave some girl a bad ending in middle skoo :makina:. Total dickbag, ik

Entered a couple routes that led to bad ends in early highskoo so lets not talk about that

Late high skoo began really crushing on this girl that i knew since middle skoo but didnt really talk to much until then cuz idk, but we became super close bffs ez

For some goddamn reason everybody knew i liked her even though i didnt tell anybody, gg im obvious i guess, dunno if she herself knew

We went to prom together, annnnd nothing happened after that cuz i went the 'dont reveal true feelings' route, ikr whatta l0ser :sachi:

And cuz of different colleges we dont see each other much anymore 'til break when the whole highskoo crew get together for funtimes and Facebook photo tagging spam bonanza.

Over at my college there's a gal I got to become rather acquainted with, and apparently the situation is "knew her since highskoo but didnt talk to until now" as well ._.

She's a bit of an oddball, but thats what makes her charming

but then i got into VNs, ggez, i got my 2D pink waifus, errbody else can go to Helsdfdsakfkjfkdj

Edit: speaking of VNs, people have noticed that I became... more perverted(?) over the past year, i used to have a nice guy Naoe Riki bland goody two shoes rep,  now I'm like Kotarou hitting-on-Kotori tier level, and so ppl are like "what happened to you?!"

one day, ill tell them:

i played neko para

Where's the "got hit by a car first week of Freshmen year, met HS Fiance at hospital while I was wandering around, scolded by senpais, was a jock and got A's & B's, blew out my knee, fiance cheated, friends left, faked my death and moved across country with no one the wiser to my  whereabouts, training in several martial arts and learning various things with a dog in a little suburb" option? because I don't see that much in a VN. I guess it's a normal ending currently awaiting a sequel.

If my high school experience were a VN, I bet it would be an Utsuge that would only warrant pity. Throughout most of my highschool, I didn't have much free time due to having like 3 extracurricular activites that were very time consuming, in the 10th grade I got bullied and beaten by some pothead until the board of directors intervened and also in the 10th grade I had a big crush on a classmate of mine, who promptly humiliated me in front of a few people (to make matters worse, her gossip friend who tells everyone everything was with her so the next day the whole school knew about my glorious feat). In 11th grade, still no time for myself almost, saw a friendship I deemed great turn sour and abusive as the guy mocked me for one year because my father was dead and his wasn't (this went on for the whole school year because I was lonely and had no other friends to turn to), played World of Warcraft and began spending ludicrous amounts of money behind my mother's back in order to feel a sliver of control and self esteem. In the 12th grade things got somewhat better. After beginning to watch anime and reconnecting with some old friends, I stopped talking to that abusive friend of mine and started hanging out with a group of acquaintances who became good friends of mine, began investing more time in my studies and got better grades, met a girl with similar hobbies to mine and we actually got along well... Then came the time when I had to decide what I was going to study in college, didn't know what I wanted so ended up going to a course chosen by my mother. Before I began college, that girl with similar hobbies found out I had a crush on her and proceeded to dump me because she was in love with a voice actor from Japan. Finally, I went to my high school graduation ceremony and had to hold back a dam's worth of tears because I didn't want to go. When I was talking to my History teacher, he gave me a goodbye hug (never wanted to cry so much in my entire life, yes even when my father died, sue me). Now I'm in my last year of college and that is a whole other can of worms for another time. So yeah, my highschool life can pretty much be described as a Bad End from start to finish. Yay me.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention I didn't go to my highschool prom because I didn't have a person to go with and I didn't want to embarass myself for being the lonely fuck who couldn't even get someone to go with him.

Edited by InvictusCobra

Well, I ended up confessing to my high schoo crush, on the very last day of high school.
So if this was a VN it would be bad end where the heroine smiles knowingly with a sad look on her face : )

A VN end is meant to be bad or good. How real life turns out is just an "end". You can make whatever of it and from there go anyway you want.

One of the few regrets I have in life is failing to confess to my high school crush on the last day. Even if I got rejected, I could at least consider the matter to be over.

Several years later, without keeping any sort of contact, I have no idea how to approach her or even what she's up to these days.

1) Narrate this shit, would read

2) Very happy for you, hope things turned out fine

Thanks. ^_^ Also, I would be lying if I said I never considered that suggestion. xD

I would say i got a normal ending, i don't really regret anything about high school nor do i think that i had a great time. in my opinion i think it is too early to have a relationship in high school, i know people like 'experimenting' but i feel like it is unfair for me to date a girl just for the heck of trying what dating feels like.

Not saying that relationships in high school may not end up successful, but i am mainly referring to those (especially males) who date girls just to have sex or toy with the girls. and i am pretty sure most girls (well in the west at least) lose their virginity sometime from middle school to high school, mainly to guys whom they won't ever remember when the get older.

well, that escalated quickly :wafuu: so yeah i had a normal ending lol