Rewrite Ability

Clannad Fan

Hey guys did a quick search but no luck.

Question regarding the rewrite ability

in the visual novel rewrite does using the rewrite ability have any adverse effects on the game ? like will i die mid plot and game over or anything ? or can i use it freely and still fully enjoy the whole route of my heroine ?

Actually, no, from what I remember.

Although I'm not sure, you can use the rewrite ability as much as you'd like in the common route.

Just use your walkthrough provided by the english patch and you'll be fine. Getting the bad ends in the heroine routes will return you back to the choice that led to the bad end.

However, I'm not suggesting you to save less often if you usually save often XD

All bad-ends are basically decided on one choice except for the no-girls ending, which isn't related to how many times you use the Rewrite ability. A few scenes will change but you can safely use Rewrite every chance you get if you really wanted to.

You can use Rewrite ability in common route freely.

However,

In chihaya route, you can die from excessive use of rewrite. That's the only bad end you can get from using rewrite as far as I remember.

I think this the correct answer, I recall the only time you can die using your ability was in Chihaya's route.