Things that make you want to play a VN?

Chronopolis

Beautiful art pushes me in reading a game. For example, I love Nanairo reincarnation's art: https://s.vndb.org/sf/26/75626.jpg

Yeah I totally agree on this. Beautiful art is just a pleasure to savoir.

I actually made this topic after seeing Shoujo Shiniki Shoujo Tengoku's OP:

It's not just the art that's fantastic, the way the editor composed the OP using the resources is masterful.
The grand scenery shot in at the start makes me want to go there. The shots of sprites on backgrounds, good position and focus. Makes it feel more vivid than life, and hinting at some greater beneath the surface. And then the Japanese flavour explodes at 0:53.  The use of particle effects and hair motion is a great way of utilizing detailed art work. Cheap vfx would have stuck out against the high-quality art.

Personally the detailed bgs, the atmosphere and impact of the hand over face and the kistune mask, and the passionate/melancholic rock OP drew me in the most. Even though I know the game was reported disappointing I still need to play it to seek out what the trailer hinted at.

Edited by Chronopolis