Favorite Group of Heroines in a Visual Novel

VirginSmasher

What are your guy's favorite heroine group in visual novels? What I mean is what game has the overall best heroines. List your favorite heroines from the game as well. My favorite group of heroines is a tie between Majikoi and Kanon. My favorite heroines from each of those games are Mayucchi and Shiori.

Edited by VirginSmasher

Next to Lilly, Shizune was my favorite heroine in KS - again, not speaking to route quality. I'll see you behind the school at 3 PM to fight you. :mellow:

Hey, I'll back you up.  Shizune was great.  I'm so tired of hearing, "Shizune sucks, Lilly is best", even though Lilly is admittedly pretty good as well.

Probably gonna have to go with Grisaia's heroines as my favorite, and Majikoi's in second place.  It's pretty hard to beat Grisaia's cast, they're just so good.  I'm sure nobody will be able to guess my favorite Grisaia heroine :makina:  My favorite Majikoi heroine is, without a doubt, Wanko, with Miyako coming in second.

Next to Lilly, Shizune was my favorite heroine in KS - again, not speaking to route quality. I'll see you behind the school at 3 PM to fight you. :mellow:

Hey, I'll back you up.  Shizune was great.  I'm so tired of hearing, "Shizune sucks, Lilly is best", even though Lilly is admittedly pretty good as well.

Probably gonna have to go with Grisaia's heroines as my favorite, and Majikoi's in second place.  It's pretty hard to beat Grisaia's cast, they're just so good.  I'm sure nobody will be able to guess my favorite Grisaia heroine :makina:  My favorite Majikoi heroine is, without a doubt, Wanko, with Miyako coming in second.

Shizune was a great heroine. The one I remember least was the girl without any arms. The only reason I remember the girl with metal legs is for that lube scene (Sorry if I don't remember their names, I haven't played KS since August of last year).

wow wow let me explain first I have that right !!! :P , I didnt think her character was bad just really reaaaaaally badly developed, there was a lot of potential in her route but sadly it wasn't exploited enough or i should say at all, most of her route was about Misha :/

Honestly the part when you are in the roof watching the fireworks and the dialogue you have with her, that part was one of the best scenes in the novel, sadly it was the only one

Edited by Deep Blue

While her route did have more than its fair share of problems, more than any other route + ending (good or bad) in the game, her bad ending was the one that hit me with the most feels. That CG man...

That alone put it above Emi and Hanako's route in my book.

I've gotta go with the Rewrite cast. 4/5 really solid lead characters is a pretty good record. Keep in mind my VN experience isn't that broad, though. I haven't played Grisaia, so that's not even in the running for me; I have played Majikoi, though, and would definitely pick Rewrite's heroines over Majikoi's. Obviously my preference is completely subjective, so if you disagree, fite me.

I've gotta go with the Rewrite cast. 4/5 really solid lead characters is a pretty good record. Keep in mind my VN experience isn't that broad, though. I haven't played Grisaia, so that's not even in the running for me; I have played Majikoi, though, and would definitely pick Rewrite's heroines over Majikoi's. Obviously my preference is completely subjective, so if you disagree, fite me.

Haven't played Rewrite yet, but Key VNs tend to have an amazing cast of heroines based on the 3 I've played.

My favorite female casts are usually the ones I don't actually want to date, because they feel so much like real friends to me. That applies exclusively to casts which interact a lot with the player and amongst themselves, in order to form an immersive group experience (Grisaia, Majikoi or Deardrops).

In conclusion, I am unable to order these characters in any sort of list, because I like them all equally personality-wise. I could only rank them for superficial reasons, like appearance, voice or route quality, which kind of defeats my point.

tl;dr: If I like all heroines to a point, at which I don't want to romance any of them, then it is my favorite cast. If one girl is just better (or worse) than all the others, I can't consider the entire cast as favored. 

My favorite female casts are usually the ones I don't actually want to date, because they feel so much like real friends to me. That applies exclusively to casts which interact a lot with the player and amongst themselves, in order to form an immersive group experience (Grisaia, Majikoi or Deardrops).

+1 for Deardrops. I had briefly considered mentioning it myself, but Grisaia won out for me. Still that game's up there when it comes to a solid, varied cast of likable characters.

+1 for Deardrops. I had briefly considered mentioning it myself, but Grisaia won out for me. Still that game's up there when it comes to a solid, varied cast of likable characters.

I actually thought about not mentioning Deardrops for a quite while, simply because of how important Eiji is to the band.

Grisaia and Majikoi are both excellent and it's hard to argue with either choice. Michiru and Wanko are roughly tied for my favorite two heroines in any game, and in terms of full cast I think both games have almost no weaknesses.

Honorable mentions are Clannad, Da Capo II ... and FSN. Rin, Saber, Ilya, Sakura ... they're all good.

I actually thought about not mentioning Deardrops for a quite while, simply because of how important Eiji is to the band.

I'm confused; what are you talking about? Eiji is the best heroine in the game.:Kappa:

I'm confused; what are you talking about? Eiji is the best heroine in the game.:Kappa:

While not a heroine, he's definitely the best character in the game :P Well, he might just tie with Chika!

That is a really hard question. At least for myself.
I mean, I have many heroines I like, but they all come from different visual novels.

If I have to go for a group of heroines I like, it would have to be the Majikoi series.
Not just the original.
Not just S,
But the whole damn series.

I know, it sounds like I'm cheating, but both additions have heroines I really, really like. Not just from the original group, but from the top-tier class and others.
Most likely because Majikoi does well when it comes to characters, it has a load of variety, which I simply love. 

Even if I have to choose Kazuko and Kokoro as my main heroines from the two.
Now this makes me pumped for Majikoi A. :wafuu:

Haven't played DearDrops but I've heard from my friend Shaun that it's good.

It is good, but I found Kira*Kira to be so much better.
In terms of other aspects, that is. In terms of "group of heroines", it is pretty damn good in that part. Still, you'll have to play it for yourself, especially since fans of both games have their reasons.

Also, yes, they are most certainly right about Eiji. For Eiji is love, Eiji is life. :makina:

That is a really hard question. At least for myself.
I mean, I have many heroines I like, but they all come from different visual novels.

If I have to go for a group of heroines I like, it would have to be the Majikoi series.
Not just the original.
Not just S,
But the whole damn series.

I know, it sounds like I'm cheating, but both additions have heroines I really, really like. Not just from the original group, but from the top-tier class and others.
Most likely because Majikoi does well when it comes to characters, it has a load of variety, which I simply love. 

Even if I have to choose Kazuko and Kokoro as my main heroines from the two.
Now this makes me pumped for Majikoi A. :wafuu:

Haven't played DearDrops but I've heard from my friend Shaun that it's good.

It is good, but I found Kira*Kira to be so much better.
In terms of other aspects, that is. In terms of "group of heroines", it is pretty damn good in that part. Still, you'll have to play it for yourself, especially since fans of both games have their reasons.

Also, yes, they are most certainly right about Eiji. For Eiji is love, Eiji is life. :makina:

I would play it quite soon if every Overdrive game didn't look exactly the same. Plus, I'm taking a long break from VNs.