$10 For A Game Where You Only Have One Life (Literally)

Nosebleed

There are two types of video game creators, there are the type looking to entertain the consumer, and then there are the type looking to create 'art' and to 'channel experiences' to the consumer. This looks to be from the latter. The arty creator will try and be innovative, and original, and creative, and give the audience something new, and hardly any of these ideas will last more than a couple of months because they usually rely on gimmicks to get the job done.

Oh look, a perma-death gimmick, this is my impressed face...

Art and entertainment aren't mutually exclusive.

IMO this type of gimmick has been done better before.  There was another type where the game was constantly streamed and only one person could play at once.  It's like this but free and it has a strong community hook as well.

Art and entertainment aren't mutually exclusive.

Debateable. However, creators tend to have a primary goal in mind of which they’ll prioritise above most anything else. Because while it can be argued that art and entertainment aren’t always mutually exclusive, at some point these goals will clash and then you will have to make a decision, and often sacrifices. It’s fairly obvious what these creators have sacrificed in their intention to make art and a meaningful experience. And it's these decisions and sacrifices which define what kind of creators they are, and what kind of work they produce.

This reminds me of my Diablo II runs with perma death character on Hell difficulty runs. It was nerve wracking because a single lag or the game shutting down unexpectedly can cause your character to die and it required a crapload of grinding for levels and strong equipment so you have insurance and not die in seconds....

But from the looks of this game I dont think they added levels or equipment here so pretty much it all depends on a player's skill. I dont think this whole system with their new version of permadeath is gonna work well.....

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Life insurance microtransactions imminent. It'd be hilarious if this game had a peer-to-peer hosting system instead of actual servers.

Thank god for Jim Fucking Sterling, son

Considering how much money this guy makes, you'd think he'd buy better microphone or at least attempt to improve the audio quality in editing.