Your biggest turn-offs in visual novels?

CeruleanGamer

So anyone has thoughts on h-scenes showing x-ray shots of what's going on "inside" (the woman's uterus/vagina) during sex? Do you guys find it weird or erotic?

when you have this kind of fked up things going on (someone probably find this erotic) x-ray shots are nothing 

https://vndb.org/v11206 there are like 5 more vns like that that I know of is not just one :ph34r:

Word of the day for those people who play that game:

Formicophilia - Sexual arousal caused by insects crawling on one or others' genitals.

Yeah I played lots of Ryona Hentai Platformer games when I was young and those involved insects, tentacles, and furries. Nothing fazes me when it comes to which partner or "thing" the girl has sex with: zombies, orcs, giants, men that are 3x bigger than them, sword, crucifix, even a damn edge of a table, you name it. :wahaha: 

I just brought up the issue since I kinda dont see the point and use of x-rays. It's like showing your intestines/stomach as you eat.... :holo: Do some people find the whole thing hot or what? :vinty: 

Why must you do this to me? I'm gonna have night terrors for the next 2 weeks.

There's a centipede crawling on your bed right now! :holo: 

Most of the things listed here already. Vore, scat, torture, guro, etc. No yaoi either, and i'm also not a fan of futa's. Straight up Utsuge's too, it's okay if it's generally not very happy, but if it doesn't have a good end of some sorts I won't read it (aside from Kara no Shoujo). One of the bigger things for me is bullying, which it doesn't seem like anyone has listed yet. It's the reason I haven't read YMK yet, I know it has a good ending, but watching that girl get bullied for hours until then feels like it'll be too much to handle.

Ah, I thought of another one:

Bad/particularly annoying voice actors.

Now, generally speaking, this is an extremely rare problem.  The quality of JP VAs is high enough that I almost never run into this.  But I have run into VAs that annoyed me enough that I had to actively avoid the route they were on, even if I otherwise liked the character.

I will also note that, after a certain point, you start recognizing certain VAs and go 'oh, she's voicing this character'... which can either be a yay or a meh depending on the VA.  Especially if the VA is working over time and seems to be in every single game you play.

Haha, yeah this thread really is gold.

I actually thought of one more thing. Basically, everything involving… peeing. Its just … no. I remember one particular scene in soon hanibara ni kuchizuke o that just weirded me the hell out. 

That Suzu peeing scene in Ayakashibito was also... Yeah 

Hmmm I think I can stomach peeing scenes no problem but what makes me cringe is the act of peeing while inside the woman. :jinpou:

I actually thought of one more thing. Basically, everything involving… peeing. Its just … no. I remember one particular scene in soon hanibara ni kuchizuke o that just weirded me the hell out. 

Hmmm I think I can stomach peeing scenes no problem but what makes me cringe is the act of peeing while inside the woman. :jinpou:

Ew. Just... ew.

Oh I kinda see the difference now. Like the first 2 CGs you are kinda like treated like a boy toy by the 2 girls  (you can remove the protag and they can still enjoy themselves) as they are making love as opposed to the last 2 where both girls actually "want" you to do them and you are needed to make them feel good. 

Man, i think nekopara is worse than what i posted earlier. I just wanted to try a 3d vn for once, and here you have a permanent seemingly lesbian third wheel in what seemed to start out as a normal romance who only wants your girlfriend. Dropped that crap after first h scene. I can understand when both want you, but i don't get why anyone would find it hot if a third girl only wanted the girl you professed your love to. That's a pretty twisted circle tbh.

Edited by Stormwolf

What a wonderful doujin you just reminded me of. It was 10/10.  The concept was there was a drought, so a country survived by drinking their piss. The way to propose was to give the vagina a golden bath.  The MC unwittingly did it to the princess of the country. Wonderful things ensue.

I haven't seen much watersports in VNs, and even less vaginal pissing. For shame!

So anyone has thoughts on h-scenes showing x-ray shots of what's going on "inside" (the woman's uterus/vagina) during sex? Do you guys find it weird or erotic?

when you have this kind of fked up things going on (someone probably find this erotic) x-ray shots are nothing 

https://vndb.org/v11206 there are like 5 more vns like that that I know of is not just one :ph34r:

Word of the day for those people who play that game:

Formicophilia - Sexual arousal caused by insects crawling on one or others' genitals.

Yeah I played lots of Ryona Hentai Platformer games when I was young and those involved insects, tentacles, and furries. Nothing fazes me when it comes to which partner or "thing" the girl has sex with: zombies, orcs, giants, men that are 3x bigger than them, sword, crucifix, even a damn edge of a table, you name it. :wahaha: 

I just brought up the issue since I kinda dont see the point and use of x-rays. It's like showing your intestines/stomach as you eat.... :holo: Do some people find the whole thing hot or what? :vinty: 

Why must you do this to me? I'm gonna have night terrors for the next 2 weeks.

There's a centipede crawling on your bed right now! :holo: 

A can of acid will do the trick. I needed a new bed anyways.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but tits that are larger than life really put me off continuing the story. (chichi miko)

It's really weird but it never stops me from playing any VNs just because of that.

Japan continues to surprise me even more. Not that I should be surprised.

I didn't think VNs could depict this. Do tell. :holo:

Slice of life, pure romance and a heavy focus on h-content gets a pass from me. Also, random sex scenes have made me drop VNs in the past.

Wait wait… Whoa! Slice of life is so awesome. Pure romance is also great. Combine them and you get Kono oozora ni, tubasa o hirogete. 

H-Scenes making you drop VNs? Damn. For me its been the other way around. (Not literally, but almost.Not sure if I should be proud of that or not.)

Edited by Dergonu

Triple x Sadistic -Do S na Ore to Reijou-tachi no 14kan- had a ton of peeing scenes that I could count and a couple of them involved the woman forcing the protagonist to pee inside of her, making the protagonist drink her pee or the other way around, and also golden showering, not the women but the protagonist getting peed on! Here's the vndb info on it but it doesn't have a description. https://vndb.org/v11419 

Basically the story is you are a 27 year old guy named Reiichi who finds himself cohabitating with your older and younger sister who are not related to you by blood (from another mother). Reiichi are businessman who may look like a handsome proper gentleman at first but he is actually quite psychotic, corrupt, and a sadist among sadist by night. Unfortunately Reiichi's secret has been found out and another bad news for him is his 2 stepsisters happen to be natural hardcore sadists as well as the newly hired maid that works in their home! So the routes play out as whether you retain your position as S or submit to the girls and become an M. 

Overall, if you like bondage, exhibitionism, and pegging (where a woman shoves something into the man's ass which happens to be a fetish of mine especially if it involves double ended dildos), it's a great vn, well more like nukige... to pick up. It's untranslated though.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Triple x Sadistic -Do S na Ore to Reijou-tachi no 14kan- had a ton of peeing scenes that I could count and a couple of them involved the woman forcing the protagonist to pee inside of her, making the protagonist drink her pee or the other way around, and also golden showering, not the women but the protagonist getting peed on! Here's the vndb info on it but it doesn't have a description. https://vndb.org/v11419 

Basically the story is you are a 27 year old guy named Reiichi who finds himself cohabitating with your older and younger sister who are not related to you by blood (from another mother). Reiichi are businessman who may look like a handsome proper gentleman at first but he is actually quite psychotic, corrupt, and a sadist among sadist by night. Unfortunately Reiichi's secret has been found out and another bad news for him is his 2 stepsisters happen to be natural hardcore sadists as well as the newly hired maid that works in their home! So the routes play out as whether you retain your position as S or submit to the girls and become an M. 

Overall, if you like bondage, exhibitionism, and pegging (where a woman shoves something into the man's ass which happens to be a fetish of mine especially if it involves double ended dildos), it's a great vn, well more like nukige... to pick up. It's untranslated though.

I was sold until the last sentence 

Utsuge/Nakige. These games really just grind me. Enjoying these in any respect in my opinion is akin to emotional masochism.

I have it the other way around, why WOULDNT you like to be touched emotionally? Its healthy you know, you should try it.

Oh well:

Vns that uses rape for comedic effect

unnecessary long common routes

characters that never breaks free of a specific trope

Strategic elements/puzzles

Holy hell this thread lol, CeruleanGamer, you are quite the sales person, I'm not even into H-Visual Novels but you made me want to check one out for the first time.

I'm a social media marketer in real life so it's kinda what I do... :wahaha: 

Oh, what are the odds, huh? Guess you always had a natrual talent for that sorta thing? I am in business myself but more of a niche job/product haha.

Utsuge/Nakige. These games really just grind me. Enjoying these in any respect in my opinion is akin to emotional masochism.

I have it the other way around, why WOULDNT you like to be touched emotionally? Its healthy you know, you should try it.

Oh well:

Vns that uses rape for comedic effect

unnecessary long common routes

characters that never breaks free of a specific trope

Strategic elements/puzzles

When you read Machiavelli's The Prince, do you cry, or do you think? When you watched Star Wars were you more emotionally involved with the series or did the politics and action get to you. Do adventure novels not give you a sense of wanderlust? All of these are ways to excite the reader or get them to experience new things.

Nakige/Utsuge do the same thing, but with the intention of making you feel like utter shit by forcing you to read through depressing scenarios which if happened in real life would leave people emotionally scared, depressed, and/or suicidal.  If this isn't emotional masochism, I don't know what is. Especially when these games are designed to have extreme highs and lows.  If I were to diagnose them, they would have manic depression.

Don't get me wrong, feeling sad about things is natural, however I would rather have it done in a more natural manner than being taken on an emotional rollercoaster.