Your biggest turn-offs in visual novels?

CeruleanGamer

So anyone has thoughts on h-scenes showing x-ray shots of what's going on "inside" (the woman's uterus/vagina) during sex? Do you guys find it weird or erotic?

when you have this kind of fked up things going on (someone probably find this erotic) x-ray shots are nothing 

https://vndb.org/v11206 there are like 5 more vns like that that I know of is not just one :ph34r:

Word of the day for those people who play that game:

Formicophilia - Sexual arousal caused by insects crawling on one or others' genitals.

Yeah I played lots of Ryona Hentai Platformer games when I was young and those involved insects, tentacles, and furries. Nothing fazes me when it comes to which partner or "thing" the girl has sex with: zombies, orcs, giants, men that are 3x bigger than them, sword, crucifix, even a damn edge of a table, you name it. :wahaha: 

I just brought up the issue since I kinda dont see the point and use of x-rays. It's like showing your intestines/stomach as you eat.... :holo: Do some people find the whole thing hot or what? :vinty: 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

This thread made me go "What the hell have you guys been reading?!" xD

Guess I still haven't read that many VNs to find stuff like that.

For me I guess it would be Grisaia no Meiykuu, the whole underaged incest thing with Kazuki and Yuuji. Like… Come on… 

Lol, I guess this thread is also a nice place to expose people what weird vns and stuff in vns are out there. Japan is truly a wonderful place to come up with all sorts of fetishes and then when you get a hold of them..... wham... you are sucked in like a kid at a candy store.

Netorare is a big one for me. Specifically someone stealing 'my' woman, rather than the other way around.

The more darker games usually get a pass.  That said, I still end up doing a quick check on those games because you wind up with gems like Gore Screaming Show.

Otherwise, as a graphic designer UI design and artwork is a big swing either in favor or disfavor.  I'm fine with having kind of out there character styles if it IS a style (I'm looking at you, AXL).  But bad art is bad art.

Also, laziness on the part of animation - to the point where the characters barely twitch or change pose on the screen.  Playing games with the EMOTE engine or similar things has spoiled me...

This thread made me go "What the hell have you guys been reading?!" xD

Guess I still haven't read that many VNs to find stuff like that.

For me I guess it would be Grisaia no Meiykuu, the whole underaged incest thing with Kazuki and Yuuji. Like… Come on… 

Lol, I guess this thread is also a nice place to expose people what weird vns and stuff in vns are out there. Japan is truly a wonderful place to come up with all sorts of fetishes and then when you get a hold of them..... wham... you are sucked in like a kid at a candy store.

I so want to be called sempai... I need to talk my wife into it...

Valid point.  Getting 'ambushed' by NTR is a no-no.  But when you know it is a part of the game and even more importantly, can be worked around (i.e, you can prevent it - MINE!) it's workable.

There are some game like Oyako Rankan where you have an option to block NTR scenes from being shown (Alicesoft is sincere enough to do this since the game revolves around "protecting" your women so they don't get NTR'ed). If there are games where NTR is a sub element rather than centralized and it happens at random parts of the game, I can see why people would want the option to block it.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Valid point.  Getting 'ambushed' by NTR is a no-no.  But when you know it is a part of the game and even more importantly, can be worked around (i.e, you can prevent it - MINE!) it's workable.

There are some game like Oyako Rankan where you have an option to block NTR scenes from being shown (Alicesoft is sincere enough to do this since the game revolves around "protecting" your women so they don't get NTR'ed). If there are games where NTR is a sub element rather than centralized and it happens at random parts of the game, I can see why people would want the option to block it.

But when willingly playing a game with ntr or a straight up ntr game, why would you block it? And if you don't like ntr, does it matter if you block it?! You know your heroine is being screwed left and right by random people, so just knowing it is bad enough.

Edited by Stormwolf

about x-rays...it is a bit creepy for me I don't enjoy eroge scenes at all even less when something weird is going on, I mean does anyone really turn on when seeing the uterus of a woman O.o.
I do enjoy panty shots or something a bit lewd but once the sex is going on I just don't like it because it's totally bs. 

This thread is gold. I'm going to agree with Batman, this thread might be a favorite.

My short stops for a VN are exceedingly few. 

Yaoi. I'm a man, a biased man. I don't enjoy it.  As long as a man doesn't stick a phallic object into another man, we're all good.  Futa, free changing  hermaphroditic gender bending, gang bang.  They're all okay.

Utsuge/Nakige. These games really just grind me. Enjoying these in any respect in my opinion is akin to emotional masochism.

I.e, most Key games.  Nakige are basically the games that try to hit you right in the feels as hard as they can.

I can play and enjoy games like that, but I really need to be in the right sort of mood for them.

Not to be confused with nukige, where you are primarily there for the h-scenes.  Generally it's very obvious, but your biggest hint as to if the game is or isn't one is the title and the game's cover.

Similarly, I can play and enjoy games like that, but I really need to be in the right sort of mood for them. >_>

But when willingly playing a game with ntr or a straight up ntr game, why would you block it? And if you don't like ntr, does it matter if you block it?! You know your heroine is being screwed left and right by random people, so just knowing it is bad enough.

I like blocking NTR for pretty much the opposite reason that people who like NTR play NTR.  People who play NTR games enjoy seeing 'your' heroine getting taken by someone else.

I, however, enjoy the precise opposite - saving the heroine from that situation, and then enjoying the 'happy ending' afterward.  Unfortunately, the only way you can get a heroine OUT of that situation is if she's placed into that situation in the first place, which generally only happens in NTR games.

Yeah, but if she came to enjoy that situation before i could save her, then she can continue to be in that situation. I would not care to save her anymore. I mean i can accept rape, but not when rape becomes pleasure with full on mouth diarrhea after a screw or two. Or a blackmailer where the heroine starts screwing him while he films additional footage from first time on. NTR scenarios are inherently hilariously outlandish while also aggrevating at the same time.

I generally separate fantasy from reality pretty well, making me pretty much immune to most things, I can get through scat, rape and mostly everything else even though they don't appeal to me. What does get to me though, is bestiality, i've seen this once, and it was the first time in my life that I held down the ctrl button so hard. I can't handle people having sex with dogs, what can I say.

Yeah, but if she came to enjoy that situation before i could save her, then she can continue to be in that situation. I would not care to save her anymore. I mean i can accept rape, but not when rape becomes pleasure with full on mouth diarrhea after a screw or two. Or a blackmailer where the heroine starts screwing him while he films additional footage from first time on. NTR scenarios are inherently hilariously outlandish while also aggrevating at the same time.

NTR happens irl. You might just not know it because you live in a normal place or dont see enough of it but in bad places like "the hood" or where crime rate is uncontrollable, it's fucking everywhere. It also comes in the form of cuckolding irl which people debate if it's NTR or not but it involves cheating/adultery so I personally consider it somewhat close.

I read some books and excerpts on ancient Chinese history and NTR/cuckolding is quite common amongst lords and people of status since it's normal for a man to have multiple wives/concubines.

This thread is gold. I'm going to agree with Batman, this thread might be a favorite.

Yaoi. I'm a man, a biased man. I don't enjoy it.  As long as a man doesn't stick a phallic object into another man, we're all good.  Futa, free changing  hermaphroditic gender bending, gang bang.  They're all okay.

Utsuge/Nakige. These games really just grind me. Enjoying these in any respect in my opinion is akin to emotional masochism.

I'm glad that I started a thread that provides some entertain value and insight. I learned a lot of shit from this thread myself and it's fun when you discuss things that people are usually embarrassed about to even bring up.

about x-rays...it is a bit creepy for me I don't enjoy eroge scenes at all even less when something weird is going on, I mean does anyone really turn on when seeing the uterus of a woman O.o.
I do enjoy panty shots or something a bit lewd but once the sex is going on I just don't like it because it's totally bs. 

Even more classic when they x-ray down to the woman's ovaries and you see sperm swimming like tadpoles. Oyako Rankan did this at least a dozen times and some doujins when I started reading Comic X-Eros volumes and that's why I'm going bananas with this x-ray thing. I could have skipped sex-ed classes entirely and saved a shitload on tuition if I knew about these long time ago.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

So anyone has thoughts on h-scenes showing x-ray shots of what's going on "inside" (the woman's uterus/vagina) during sex? Do you guys find it weird or erotic?

Speaking of that... i remember coming across one of those x-ray pics, a pregnant girl was having an interecourse ... the x-ray (naturally) was showing the penis inside of her, and it was reaching the womb with the baby inside (who was also shown by the x-ray)...i dunno ...that was just too much for me to handle lol

when you have this kind of fked up things going on (someone probably find this erotic) x-ray shots are nothing 

https://vndb.org/v11206 there are like 5 more vns like that that I know of is not just one :ph34r:

Word of the day for those people who play that game:

Formicophilia - Sexual arousal caused by insects crawling on one or others' genitals.

Yeah I played lots of Ryona Hentai Platformer games when I was young and those involved insects, tentacles, and furries. Nothing fazes me when it comes to which partner or "thing" the girl has sex with: zombies, orcs, giants, men that are 3x bigger than them, sword, crucifix, even a damn edge of a table, you name it. :wahaha: 

I just brought up the issue since I kinda dont see the point and use of x-rays. It's like showing your intestines/stomach as you eat.... :holo: Do some people find the whole thing hot or what? :vinty: 

Why must you do this to me? I'm gonna have night terrors for the next 2 weeks.

Then call me an emotional masochist cause I love my emotions being taken on a wild ride of sadness and depression.

Speaking of that... i remember coming across one of those x-ray pics, a pregnant girl was having an interecourse ... the x-ray (naturally) was showing the penis inside of her, and it was reaching the womb with the baby inside (who was also shown by the x-ray)...i dunno ...that was just too much for me to handle lol

lol wtf, what novel was that now i wanna see it D:

it wasn't from a vn, just a random pic i came across on the internet :ph34r:

it wasn't from a vn, just a random pic i came across on the internet :ph34r:

that sounds disturbing i'm glad I dont get to see it now :P