SakuSaku Info and Discussion

littleshogun

Just now, Freestyle80 said:

$69 usd for a VN? Dayum Japan thats a lot, i dont even pay $60 for your average games anymore there's always somewhere that sells it cheap even on launch day lol

are people rich over there? lol 

Heck, new VNs are usually 10.000 yen, though those are the physical editions. The new versions of download editions are usually between 7000-9000 yen.
Just different standards, I guess. VNs released in the west are generally really cheap compared to those in Japan. It's not that people are rich over here, but more that people are willing to pay a bit more for their hobbies. (Not to mention, everything else, like food etc is pretty darn cheap here.)

Now, used games are extremely cheap in comparison. You can find a "10k yen" game for like, 1200 yen used in most stores. (And most of the time you can't even see any sign of the game being used on the disc or the case.) So, if you ever come to Japan to buy VNs: buy used! :P

57 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Heck, new VNs are usually 10.000 yen, though those are the physical editions. The new versions of download editions are usually between 7000-9000 yen.
Just different standards, I guess. VNs released in the west are generally really cheap compared to those in Japan. It's not that people are rich over here, but more that people are willing to pay a bit more for their hobbies. (Not to mention, everything else, like food etc is pretty darn cheap here.)

Now, used games are extremely cheap in comparison. You can find a "10k yen" game for like, 1200 yen used in most stores. (And most of the time you can't even see any sign of the game being used on the disc or the case.) So, if you ever come to Japan to buy VNs: buy used! :P

ah i see, thats interesting to know when i go visit there one day lol

if living costs are low thats a good trade off, living here probably cost almost twice as much as over there lol

I've got an unusual request. From my memory you have to play through Ann's route to unlock someone else route(s?). The problem is I hate Ann and I have no intention of playing her route. Supposedly their is some important info in it though. Can anyone spoil me that info so I can just skip her route? I've only played Konami's and Mio's route and that was from back when the fan demo(whatever you call it) was released. I don't intend to reread them though. So don't spoil me the other routes if possible.

14 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I've got an unusual request. From my memory you have to play through Ann's route to unlock someone else route(s?). The problem is I hate Ann and I have no intention of playing her route. Supposedly their is some important info in it though. Can anyone spoil me that info so I can just skip her route? I've only played Konami's and Mio's route and that was from back when the fan demo(whatever you call it) was released. I don't intend to reread them though. So don't spoil me the other routes if possible.

As for Ann's route, the spoiler from the reviews that I was posted should be sufficient although both of those were quite negative though considering that they mixed personal opinion within the post - one was had some Pet Peeve thing in form of Tina so much that he rant about Tina (Aedes), while another was disaapointed because he was expected too much from Saku Saku just because he like Mashiro so much that he expect Saku Saku would be good as that (Joyjason). For Ann's route spoiler, here's one from Aedes's and it's quite personal for a warning.

Spoiler

Being half Death God and half human, with dual personalities is interesting I suppose. Though to be honest, I didn’t really give a crap about the Death God side of things.

So as the two get closer together, Ere reminds An that they live forgive, and that love for them is impossible. That’s a very fair judgement, and understandable. What bothered me is that Ere is also the very one who tells An to confess to him because she wants her to be happy. First you tell her that, and then you tell her the complete opposite. WHICH IS IT??? However, you can really tell that Ere cares for An, which is a nice feeling.

The route does well in balancing the elements of slice of life and supernatural; at least, at the start. I personally found that the route lacked a bit in the romance comedy department, and it was like they only met the bare minimum. However, Ere made things quite interesting; especially when she stops them from having sex =D.

An’s sudden, and VERY random decision to sleep give Ere full control of the body their body was pretty much out of the blue. I could see it working out if they did the right development, but they throw it on you with basically no preparation. Her reasoning that she wants Ere to be happy is reasonable, but still stupid given that she and An are pretty much one in mind and body. Since the two know so much about each other, you would think that they would KNOW that they want each other to be happy. However, it’s presented decently well, and I liked how they also give good reason for why An was so interested in Yuuma at the start of the game.

The ending wasn’t bad I suppose, but there’s no doubt that it was lacking detail. It’s pretty much, “I’ll make you happy”, but ends at that. Yuuma is gonna eventually die, and An is immortal. This was the fundamental issue that made An avoid the relationship in the first place. Now I thought that MAYBE things would end up where An/Ere gets a normal life span. Otherwise, I was hoping that they would end with a scene where An is with their child sometime after Yuuma is dead, and teaches their child that love is a great thing. I know both seem a bit standard, but the heart wants what the heart wants >____>.

Something that I was disappointed by is that the fact that Ere didn’t get much screen time during the prologue. Yuuma has clearly shown that he wants to make the two of them happy, so I expected a little bit more development with Ere. I also expected an H-scene where he does BOTH of them. However, I suppose an H-scene like that would be copying what happened with Michiru in Grisaia no Meikyuu.

Well, there you go and have fun to play Saku Saku there.

PS - For random trivia here, Ann's seiyuu was also voicing infamous headmistress from Princess Evangile for the reminder.

Edited by littleshogun

So guess we'r discussing this here? Minor Common route spoilers if anyone cares

I've just about finished the common route so giving some of my initial thoughts

overall kinda disappointing so far, it started well we got a rare type of MC who is not 'your average guy' for once and also who is not quick to act on his emotions but meh those aspects were mostly ignored pretty quickly and then turned into a generic rom-com.

The girls are pretty interesting though but as per usual it saddens me none of the teachers get their routes ;c atleast the nurse should've gotten something, the step-mothe r might've been pushing it but i liked how clingy she is :P 

Probably will do Yuuri's route first since the classmate routes are usually the ones i like the most :Chocola:

5 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Okay. 

Japan, listen. We talked about this. Remember when everyone was agreeing that this

Hide contents

855.jpg

Should never happen ever again?

So how do you explain this, Japan?

Hide contents

23483.jpg

How dare you do this to me again. Eroge was a god damn mistake.

EDIT:

Was this software solely created to make me mad? w

owdzc5j.jpg

and there's no route for her or the nurse ffs :vinty:

Yuuri was only good till halfway, Mio's one is retarded, the pres annoys me and havent done Konami or Tina, maybe next week

On 14/10/2017 at 10:48 AM, Freestyle80 said:

and there's no route for her or the nurse ffs :vinty:

Yuuri was only good till halfway, Mio's one is retarded, the pres annoys me and havent done Konami or Tina, maybe next week

The great disappointment to all of us :amane:

As for the routes, to me all of them were fairly entertaining to certain point where it became annoying.

I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks Mio's route was the best of them.

Spoiler

Not because of the heroine herself, but for the dramatic moments of sorrow the MC felt when her beloved was suffering/in pain and he being unable to console her due to her condition, which was his fault for being an ass.

Then, after the part where she gets mad at him for avoiding his responsibiities to spend more time with her it's a crappy route just as the others. Also, I think the panty shot when she throws herself to save him was totally unnecessary. 

Konami's route was good untill they accep each other and try to seek acceptance from others. Ann untill she locks herself so that Ere can enjoy her body. All the other had their moments, but none of them gave me that feeling that Mio did. 

On 10/17/2017 at 12:32 AM, Benji Price said:

The great disappointment to all of us :amane:

As for the routes, to me all of them were fairly entertaining to certain point where it became annoying.

I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks Mio's route was the best of them.

Reveal hidden contents

Not because of the heroine herself, but for the dramatic moments of sorrow the MC felt when her beloved was suffering/in pain and he being unable to console her due to her condition, which was his fault for being an ass.

Then, after the part where she gets mad at him for avoiding his responsibiities to spend more time with her it's a crappy route just as the others. Also, I think the panty shot when she throws herself to save him was totally unnecessary. 

Konami's route was good untill they accep each other and try to seek acceptance from others. Ann untill she locks herself so that Ere can enjoy her body. All the other had their moments, but none of them gave me that feeling that Mio did. 

Interesting point of view, Mio's route was pretty decent, till the mid way and same for Yuuri, i havent done Konami. 

Oh and i'd like to change my opinion on Ann, I just finished her route her route is the best of the lot for me atleast 

Ann Spoilers:

It was a bit annoying/retarded how Ann twice tried to avoid the MC because of reasons but its fine, I really enjoyed Elle as a character and it was funny seeing her trying to stop Ann from having sex lul. Once again it seems to be a theme of this VN, i wish we got a bit more scenes with Elle, like at the end when he proposed, why the fck not show Elle as well? I get that its Ann's route but still.

And i actually found the end of route drama pretty decent and it was less annoying than Yuuri or Mio's dumb drama. This was the longest route but i feel it shuld've been a bit longer, a lot of missed opportunities with Elle

Ann was indeed kinda pushy and annoying which made me not do her route before i did Mio and Yuuri but it turned out to be better than those two and probably the best one in the VN so that was a bit surprising

I got Tina left i guess but i'm not really interested in those Loli routes, she's a great mascot though :P

Overall this was a decent VN but I still wonder why it has a high score on vndb lol

Edited by Freestyle80

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

Overall this was a decent VN but I still wonder why it has a high score on vndb lol

Well, if I'm not wrong @Clephas once that some companies pay people just put good scores on their products. Though I dunno if this would be the case.

All I'm hoping are good sales for them so they can release a FD with a Mum and Nurse route :sacchan:

3 hours ago, Benji Price said:

Well, if I'm not wrong @Clephas once that some companies pay people just put good scores on their products. Though I dunno if this would be the case.

All I'm hoping are good sales for them so they can release a FD with a Mum and Nurse route :sacchan:

If you look at the list of the votes on vndb, you'll see that there are a number of votes that occurred on or before the release date of any charage/moege made by a major company in the last ten years.   Those voters will usually vote for a half dozen or more VNs in an unnaturally short period of time (two days or so).

i finish yuri's route so question:

Spoiler

they didnt eXplain why hanako is near death. did i miss something?

also my reaction on yuri's route: wut??? 

i guess this vn is very very light on drama... 

onwards

Edited by wyldstrykr
spoilers

• 1 month later...

Done Ann, Mio and Yuri. 

Ann and Yuri had some silly drama and the solutions were less than smart, but i liked the routes and the heroines nonetheless. Then comes the black sheep of the VN.

Yuri

Spoiler

Holy shit that is the worst route i've ever played.Just a few words of sorrow from hana about times past and that she wants more attention, and Yuri dumps him. What a spit in the fact on every single person involved in this. Especially Mio (who'm she effectively stole him from) And it was also almost a shared route with Hana (who was annoying 95% of the time) And how i enjoyed the "I guess i'm not enough" at some point during the route. After being together for probably less than a month, that's a "GREAT" sign. And then she becomes a busy model.. Yeah, shit route is truly shit.

Guess i also should mention that i'm sad the best girls don't have routes, which seems to be a trend.

Edited by Stormwolf

11 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Done Ann, Mio and Yuri. 

Ann and Yuri had some silly drama and the solutions were less than smart, but i liked the routes and the heroines nonetheless. Then comes the black sheep of the VN.

Yuri

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit that is the worst route i've ever played.Just a few words of sorrow from hana about times past and that she wants more attention, and Yuri dumps him. What a spit in the fact on every single person involved in this. Especially Mio (who'm she effectively stole him from) And it was also almost a shared route with Hana (who was annoying 95% of the time) And how i enjoyed the "I guess i'm not enough" at some point during the route. After being together for probably less than a month, that's a "GREAT" sign. And then she becomes a busy model.. Yeah, shit route is truly shit.

Guess i also should mention that i'm sad the best girls don't have routes, which seems to be a trend.

I always like the older girls in these school settings and usually they are just there for show, like the nurse and step-mom here and the sensei in Koichoco, dammit give us our older girl routes ;c