SakuSaku Info and Discussion

littleshogun

They at least mentioned it on their Twitter late last week, so I expect an announcement of some kind relatively soon.  Apparently last weekend was a holiday weekend in Japan, so I don't expect much to have actually happened in the last few days.  The almost total lack of communication is pretty inexplicable, though.  Come on, guys!  It's not hard to say "We're still looking into it" periodically!

1 hour ago, Nandemonai said:

They at least mentioned it on their Twitter late last week, so I expect an announcement of some kind relatively soon.  Apparently last weekend was a holiday weekend in Japan, so I don't expect much to have actually happened in the last few days.  The almost total lack of communication is pretty inexplicable, though.  Come on, guys!  It's not hard to say "We're still looking into it" periodically!

Come on, this is SP we're talking about. Signs of life on projects is too much to ask for. :P (Looking at you, Grisaia updates.) 

On 9/23/2017 at 1:53 AM, Freestyle80 said:

and they already changed leyline in steam from Oct 2017 to Nov 2017 atleast wasnt officially announced   :amane:

It still shows October for me (https://i.gyazo.com/8ea7b17efcbd98c013b3efa427d52b3e.png)

There must be some kind of time zone weirdness with the internal release time they set behind the scenes (steam requires an exact internal release time, even if you are only advertizing a fuzzy estimate, so most publishers input placeholders)

So, like, if it was set on 12am November 1st JST, it will show up as October for everywhere west of Japan and November in and everywhere east of Japan (to the date line). Makes you wonder what the actual intended estimate is.

Edited by Decay

Interesting to knew that it was the time zone that caused Tokeijikake release date was quite unstable there, and I think seeing that Sekai was always prone to delay I say that November would be the best bet for now. By the way, my Google Chrome showed that it would be released at November and here's the picture to prove that:

https://imgur.com/muaHf8v

Let's back to the topic here now that Sekai finally had the Steam store page for this VN, and it would be released at October 2nd which is quite near. Well, at least they ready for the release now although I still waiting for their answer in regard of 18+ version though.

Edited by littleshogun

21 hours ago, Decay said:

It still shows October for me (https://i.gyazo.com/8ea7b17efcbd98c013b3efa427d52b3e.png)

There must be some kind of time zone weirdness with the internal release time they set behind the scenes (steam requires an exact internal release time, even if you are only advertizing a fuzzy estimate, so most publishers input placeholders)

So, like, if it was set on 12am November 1st JST, it will show up as October for everywhere west of Japan and November in and everywhere east of Japan (to the date line). Makes you wonder what the actual intended estimate is.

ah i see, makes sense. For me still says Nov 2017 guess its cuz i'm from Australia (but we get the US store ugh) 

so SakuSaku releases in 3 days, my break just ended so i cant play till November :vinty:

The prize of the Japanese download edition on DMM is 7800 yen, so... Even the Denpasoft version is much cheaper than the original. (With the current discounted price on Denpa it is 3600 yen, which is weird, considering this has to factor in localization costs and such.)

Ah, how spoiled the western market is :P

I now this is not the topic and I ask for your forginess, but still I think is better than starting a new topic for such an idiot question.

You think the +18 version of Tokeijikake will be available shortly after the steam version ?? VNDB only says 2017 for the +18 while 2017-10 for the other.

4 hours ago, Decay said:

The Steam version is currently $16 with discount, which seems incredibly low for a 35-40 hour multi-route VN. So if any of the prices were to be adjusted, I'd say raise the steam price. $40 base price is the standard price I'd expect to pay for an uncut 40 hour moege these days.

$40 seems standard for a full-length visual novel.  Granted, it's been so long I don't have access to the email accounts I used to buy G-Collections releases when they were new ... but the wayback machine tells me in 2006, $39.95 was the standard G-C  package edition price (I checked Come See Me Tonight, Crescendo, and Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2).  Downloads were $5 cheaper.  (They only wanted $34.95 for I'm Gonna Nurse You, though.)

And this was in 2006 dollars.  I think it's after Peter Payne took over following G-C folding up shop (Figures of Happiness was their last release), but before he rolled out big changes later.  Shortly after this most GC games were $20.  But in the immediate aftermath of their collapse, I don't think the prices had changed.  I think this is what G-C charged back in the day.  So in the 2006 capture of the G-Collections site seen here you can see the pricing of the G-C catalogue.

Now, after adjusting for inflation, $40 in 2005 is about $49 today.  I haven't actually started playing SakuSaku yet, but it is, I hear, pretty damn good.  Paying $40 for it sure beats paying $49 plus shipping (don't remember how much it would've been) for Come See Me Tonight (which, uh, is not).  $20 plus launch discount seems undervalued, honestly.  I probably would not sell it that cheap.

Congratulation in regard of the belated release of Saku Saku there, and I'm quite happy that Sekai managed to get the 18+ was released around the same time as Steam version considering that there's no word in regard of that beforehand. If you already had that have fun for playing Saku Saku here, and feel free to use this thread as the discussion thread here - it's been two almost two year since I'd made this thread.

PS - About Saku Saku itself, I would say it should be good although perhaps it would be better not to expect much though considering that this had some supernatural element from the love fairy alone, which mean it bound to had some deus helping us later. In short, just had fun and don't expect much here if some of you didn't want to be disappointed here. Especially to @ChaosRaven here in which I afraid that he might not enjoy this, and by the way the size was indeed 7 GB from what I saw at some site that list the file size.

Edited by littleshogun

On 10/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, Dergonu said:

The prize of the Japanese download edition on DMM is 7800 yen, so... Even the Denpasoft version is much cheaper than the original. (With the current discounted price on Denpa it is 3600 yen, which is weird, considering this has to factor in localization costs and such.)

Ah, how spoiled the western market is :P

$69 usd for a VN? Dayum Japan thats a lot, i dont even pay $60 for your average games anymore there's always somewhere that sells it cheap even on launch day lol

are people rich over there? lol