SakuSaku Info and Discussion

littleshogun

On 9/1/2017 at 9:13 AM, Freestyle80 said:

There is something wrong with Sekai, how do u delay a game twice lol 

Ask Japan how they delay a game 4 times (18 months) w

Serious answer: New assets broke the game and no one expected it. Also even if it was fixed they couldn't release it because Steam doesn't allow them to do weekend release.

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Ask Japan how they delay a game 4 times (18 months) w

Serious answer: New assets broke the game and no one expected it. Also even if it was fixed they couldn't release it because Steam doesn't allow them to do weekend release.

but u know this isnt Japan, i dont see Mangagamer delaying every game they release 

I guess shit happens, as long as they release it properly its fine 

4 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

but u know this isnt Japan, i dont see Mangagamer delaying every game they release 

I guess shit happens, as long as they release it properly its fine 

i dont remember Mangagamer having to delay their released, although there's this one game where they uploaded the all ages one. Mangagamer is awesome, they love their customers so much. Even Dies Irae patch is delayed now its Saku Saku, Ive been watching the game since its fan translation now i have to wait, again. The looks interesting so , is it anygood? for those of you who played it?

I got more info in regard of Saku Saku delay, and apparently other than want to make it perfect it was because they still need to handle the engine which is apparently buggy - caused by updated assets or something like that. Still didn't change the fact that they had the bad release planning though, in which Sekai should take care all of the engine and permission problem for Saku Saku first before announced the release date - not to mention that they did that mistake twice in span of one week.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I got more info in regard of Saku Saku delay, and apparently other than want to make it perfect it was because they still need to handle the engine which is apparently buggy - caused by updated assets or something like that. Still didn't change the fact that they had the bad release planning though, in which Sekai should take care all of the engine and permission problem for Saku Saku first before announced the release date - not to mention that they did that mistake twice in span of one week.

I program computers for a living.  There are a couple different reasons this could happen.  They're all basically variants on reasons why changes would be being made right up until the release date.  Given what I've seen Doddler say on Twitter about making changes to games a week before they're supposed to release, this doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

Perhaps the uncensored assets took a long time, long enough to threaten to delay the schedule.  Sekai Project would probably do most of the testing before the new assets arrived, and plan on testing the bare minimum with the new assets before rushing the game out the door.  If they didn't get that new build with those assets until (say) late Tuesday, when it was supposed to release on Thursday, well, that's not a lot of time.  If something's broken, it's going to delay the release.

Or perhaps the issue was introduced by a fix for a different issue.  Again, if testing is running late, fixes are going to be made running up real close to the intended release date.  If one of them breaks something, bad things happen to your schedule.

Apparently I miss Kiriririri's info in regard of Steam didn't allow weekend release, but I think from what I understand in regard of his post and Nandemonai's as well was strengthening my opinion that Sekai did really had a case of bad planning for this. Yeah, maybe like Nandemonai said it's possible that Saku Saku might had sudden engine break before the release, but still in my opinion they could just delay the release date back at August 25th to TBA until they're certainly sure that they took care all of the requirement for Steam launching, instead of announced the release date at August 31st there because I'm sure that Sekai was already experienced enough to not make a basic mistake like this in regard of release - but apparently I was wrong here. Sorry, just want to write it out here.

14 hours ago, okok said:

As if 14 months for a game that was already through tl and editing wasn't long enough to wait

If anything, at least it wasn't as long as Yoake in which it's been already fully translated for about more than four years and yet we apparently got a halfway edited release in which they could just do that earlier instead of waiting until 2016, and it's leaked as well.

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If anything, at least it wasn't as long as Yoake in which it's been already fully translated for about more than four years and yet we apparently got a halfway edited release in which they could just do that earlier instead of waiting until 2016, and it's leaked as well.

That was a fantl. Not a meaningful comparsion

23 minutes ago, okok said:

That was a fantl. Not a meaningful comparsion

Well, my bad. In that case then perhaps Sumaga was more appropriate comparison when it's been four years that they already finished translated, and yet there's still no single clue in regard of release date since the announcement by JAST - granted that there's editing work, but I think four years was too much and that's not to mention JAST policy in which they'll prepare physical version first which would likely took long time. Oh, and Sumaga did also started as fan translation as well just like Saku Saku.

2 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

I converted to a paying customer in 2001, but was a fan about 2 years before that.  Now get off my lawn! ... Damn whupper-snappers -- If that ball comes over my fence one more time, so help me...

I try not to talk about it too much, but...

I am actually a direct descendant of Kaiser Franz Visual Ferdinand Novel the First.

I am Groot since 1990.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:34 AM, Nandemonai said:

Where did that info come from? 

The usual: shady and unconfirmed rumors from the "close sources" (i. e. Moogy and other "hey I know Makoto/Payne!"). I believe I saw some even here last year. They are obviously not that trustworthy but would at least partly explain the jinxed release.