SakuSaku Info and Discussion

littleshogun

First of all, am I breaking the rule for started unreleased translated VN here? If so I apologize, but you know, since here is more lively than VNDB, I figure it's better if I tried to start a VN discussion here.

Anyway, the VN is SakuSaku, or if you prefer full name is Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki. The premise is, may I said a word, is a little ridiculous, but we've never had bounty place on MC before, so guess it's a little interesting?

From the visual aspect I must admit it was very refreshing and very good, so much that it earned many 10 on VNDB at the first time it was published there (Around 2014 when I tried to look at discussion section), although for now it's around 7.5 at VNDB and 71 at EGS (or according to VNDB is 7.1). From the opening, the song is very light and typical moege, so maybe the soundtrack will be typical moege as well. The interesting thing is that the seiyuu for each heroine will singing credit theme, according to VNDB.

According to VNDB, here we had 5 routes. For heroines, MC could date his little sister, childhood friend, student council president, head of discipline committee, and love fairy. Yes, I didn't drunk when I'm writing love fairy. Believe me. For the seiyuu (Since I'd like to talk about seiyuu who voiced VN or anime character just in case someone want to ask why talk about seiyuu) we have Nakamura Yuuichi, Ai Shimizu, Kiritani Hana, and Satou Rina voicing side character.

As for the heroine, the fairy love (Tina) seiyuu is very new in seiyuu world and childhood friend (Mio) and discipline committee (Yuri) seiyuu had quite nice experience in seiyuu (But the VN that had the caracter they voiced is still not translated yet). For student council (Ann), the voice is infamous headmistress aka Kitamikado Misako from Evangile, so infamous that someone here make a pointless thread of how headmistress is very evil and one of VNDB member going SJW mode and plead to us very obvious reaction for normal people that we should not judge Christian is evil because of headmistress. Sorry, still bitter about that, but please this is not place to discuss headmistress from Evangile. From 5 heroines, only little sister (Konami) seiyuu is the one with the most experience and she was voiced Asa back in Konosora and Koharu in Imouto Paradise. I think all of you better look at character section at VNDB here.

Last section is for reviews. There were 2 reviews for this game. I think I would like to give some summary from the review, but if you didn't hate spoiler, go ahead and visit each review.

1. Aedes - I think the conclusion would be that he hate love fairy very much (Looks like the love fairy in question was has some pet peeve trope for him) and he write down many spoiler.
  2. Joyjason - The conclusion is that the VN is quite mediocre, but could almost reached good eroge.

Once again if you didn't hate spoiler or trying to find out what kind of VN is this before playing, go ahead. My opinion is that you better play for yourself, and if you want to enjoy it, just try to suspend your disbelief for Deus, plot, and character. And before I end this post, thanks to akerou for translating this VN, even though some people may find it unenjoyable and sorry for my bad English. Use this thread in future as Saku Saku thread. Oh and I'll not interfere to all member in regard of best girl in Saku Saku, although I think for now Konami's hat is nice.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I knew that Decay already made update for this project, but since I promised that I'll bump this thread, so I'll post current progress here.

For progress, looks like the team face some challenge regarding background voice.

Oh, my opinion for translator dilemma about background voice, I think it should go with 2 imo, unless the background voice contain very heavy foreshadowing of each routes/story, which from translator's comment it's not. 3rd option will only prolonged the progress while 1st option will annoy some people who want to know everything in SakuSaku.

That's all for bump.

Edit - For recap at SakuSaku there was background voice when character speaking. Option 1 was to let the voice left, option 2 was to disable background voice, and option 3 was to translate all of background voice (I might be wrong, since it was from 2 months ago).

I'd vote for #1 or #3. Basically I'd rather the voices be left in, even if not translated. The idea of having it cut bugs me. Then again,  unlike some - I can usually get the gist of what's being said vocally, even if I don't outright understand it.

Even if it's just fluff that doesn't add anything to the story, it still adds to the atmosphere.

• 1 month later...

Since it's been long time I'm not bumping this thread, might as well do it right now. Anyway here's the progress thanks to Decay for info and akerou for update.

Only Ann’s and part of Konami’s route left to be edited. Also, common route TLC is done, gonna work on Tina’s route next. More news early February.

And no, I still didn't know when @Akerou break begin (About his 3 months long university break), although he promised that the patch will be released when his break begin.

That's all for now.

Good that it seems to be heading for release in the not so distant future. What i don't get is, where did Tina's route come from? It says, ONLY Ann's and part of Konami's route are left. Then suddenly he's going to work on Tina's route. So that means, Ann's, Konami's and Tina's route are left to edit. 

7 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Good that it seems to be heading for release in the not so distant future. What i don't get is, where did Tina's route come from? It says, ONLY Ann's and part of Konami's route are left. Then suddenly he's going to work on Tina's route. So that means, Ann's, Konami's and Tina's route are left to edit. 

How about Tina's TLC?

Edit: Actually if you look at the progress chart he probably accidentally said Konami instead of Tina.

Spoiler

b149102e716f7a163cb1ab2cefcfbf34.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping the thread.

Sorry for being late, but here's another update.

My comment, actually you didn't need to be perfect. Perfect or not, I think that's enough for me. Although it depend on the people I supposed. Hopefully it didn't take too long for Akerou to release the patch.

Edit - Apparently all of the old link already died, so I'll remove all of the hyperlink to SakuSaku old translation page.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, congratulation for the new site by the way Akerou. And for the bump this time (Very late I know), the editing already reach 100% and apparently there is another process called TLC, which as of now already reach 48%. I knew it's already reported, but since it was the progress for Saku Saku, better post it here. For the TLC, probably he will TLC Konami, Ann, and Yuri in order. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure to him as of now, but good luck with finalizing Saku Saku there.

• 4 weeks later...

Another bump today for Saku Saku update, and next will be at May 2nd. For Saku Saku, only Ann route that still needed TLC, and then he'll started QC and technical stuff according to his post at the blog here. From the 2nd May post (He promised that he'll use first Monday as the time for announcement) later then we'll knew his ETA for Saku Saku. Anyway, good progess Akerou, oh and TLC percentage was at 82% right now if some of you want to know the number.

Oh, since this is charage, I'll add poll because of course taste for people in regard of best girl and best route was different. Looking forward to this VN translation release, even though it's only way for Akerou to practicing his Japan before translating Irotoridori.

Edit - Just checked that our Clephas did recommended this game. So, @Clephas may I knew about your opinion for this game personally, and if possible, could you post it here. Sorry and thanks in advance.

Well, it's been a year since last post here. Anyway, the release date here was getting close so I think instead of make a new thread I'll just revived my old Saku Saku thread and use it as discussion thread later. Have fun.

PS - By the way, what did all of you think about Saku Saku? As for me, I think I'll just expected this as a charage for now although perhaps it did had some potential.

Edited by littleshogun

Okay, it's 8/31.  Where's the game?  I mean, delaying the game I understand.  But they clearly said "August" in their tweet, so it's not like they meant to say 9/31 but said 8/31 instead.  And they tweeted it out of both of their accounts.  Now there's just radio silence and no game, which is kind of weird.

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

There is something wrong with Sekai, how do u delay a game twice lol 

I think that would be a good question to ask them, but for now I would like to either go with trolling in the first place lol (Impossible I knew) or maybe just bad planning because they announce the release date first before make sure that they finished any requirement to be launched at Steam - I'd read that they still need the approval from Steam to launch Saku Saku at Steam later.

4 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Well, you can at least say they're doing a good job taking Jast's place :makina:

Well, Sekai still did need to learn from JAST though if they want to go their way lol. But perhaps it could be in the future, although it's not like I'm hoping that in the first place anyway. For now I still prefer Sekai though, if only it was because they still managed to released more than JAST per years - then again, it's not very hard to accomplished anyway.