The diary of a boy who is home alone for ten days

Mugi

So, my family has gone on vacation and I am left to fend for myself and watch over the dogs. Thing is, I've never been home alone for more than a couple days, and even then I was starting to go crazy. I'm 18 but still don't have my drivers license, so I can't really go anywhere (not that i'd go anywhere anyways, antisocial for life :makina: ), and I always start to get paranoid when I'm home alone at night. Anyways, I have nothing better to do so I will make a diary of sorts detailing what goes on around here for the next ten days. It will probably be pretty boring, but I guess the tale of what goes through a paranoid teens head when left alone for a little over a week could be interesting. Anyways, stick around..or don't, as long as at least one person is enjoying it i'll keep it going. I'll be updating it every day, so if I don't..I'm probably sleeping  dead. Welp, i'm going to sleep now, lets hope I don't get robbed  :rimu:

You'll just discover how incredibly unproductive one can be when left alone, and how fast can 10 days pass by.

If you need ideas for meals and stuff, I'm sure we'll rise to the occasion. I still make @Nay Fried Rice all the time : P

Nay's recipe of fried rice is just too good. I regularly make a huge batch on Sundays to eat for the first half of the week.

Also, I think I should mention that I normally sleep during the day and am active at night. Probably not the best sleep schedule for someone who gets paranoid when alone in the house after hours, but oh well.

I'm 18 but still don't have my drivers license

I'm 20 and I still don't. Public transportation master race.

As someone who is typically home, I'd personally suggest you use this time productively and discover the deep, dark corners of the internet.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this, I don't think I should attempt to add on to my insanity and paranoia. Last time I did that I was like 15 and ended up shitting myself after getting redirected to some fake FBI page saying that my IP has been logged and they were coming to fuck my door down. Also those nightmarish videos scattered across the deep web.. :pyaa:

In my experience, what usually happens is you'll quickly run out of things to do and realise your life is quite empty, so you try to fill in the void with literally anything.

Hell, I got to the point where I was doing laundry over how bored I was. :sachi: 

Fun fact. You know that long analysis I did of Kanon (of Mai and Sayuri's routes). That was an intended project I had for a while, but I didn't get serious about writing it until my family went on a week long vacation (I didn't want to go for various reasons). Out of boredom I finally sat down and wrote it. So boredom + loneliness can equal productivity. 

top 10 things to do when you alone:

1. be naked :holo:

2. look at everyone's room! (if lock try another way, if no way possible then don't)

3. clean the whole house one day before they arrive (it has benefits).

4. eat junk food until they arrive.

5. follow your (name pet here) at night.

6. build a fortress

7. watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episodes and the movie in or x-files in one day

8. move stuff around one day before they arrive

9. write a book about your experience being alone and publish it online.

10. talk on the internet with someone from asha.

dont waste your only chance to ever have fun.

try to find where they hide the cookies!Or alcohol.Thats some tough question to me.

Ohh,and you can try to smoke!but nah,its disgusting.

Well,you can try to cook something!Ohh,it the same as previous.

Oooor,at least you can sing to full voice.No,seriuosly.I found out that can sing not so bad then my family got on a trip.

Damn, no license to drive? I guess you could use the bike. I love when everyone's out of the house, it's a good holiday for myself.

I don't have a bike either, unfortunately. I bet i'll come to love being home alone at some point, I just like knowing that someone else is in the house with me I guess.

Damn, no license to drive? I guess you could use the bike. I love when everyone's out of the house, it's a good holiday for myself.

I don't have a bike either, unfortunately. I bet i'll come to love being home alone at some point, I just like knowing that someone else is in the house with me I guess.

You gotta stop talking like that : P. You'll only freak yourself out, worse.

Clearly you need to take in a cat or something :Kappa:

I've personally only been alone for like 4 days max. I mostly found myself degenerating even further than normal, as my sleep was no longer tied to when dinner is served and people being around tend to sometimes snap you out of what you're obsessing yourself with. I kind of liked it in some ways, but as most days, it was all pretty empty. Enjoy~!

I've been alone for well over a month, having a license and access to your parents' car is really great, even if they only place you'll be going is to buy groceries or saving money on delivery.

Definitely clean the whole place a day before they get back and make sure you don't forget to eat :Teeku:

If you get bored while you home alone better to watch some movies to relax, like The Ring :sachi: i heard it is very relaxing

I've actually wanted to watch The Ring again for a while now, but I only have it on VHS I think, and don't have anything to play it on :rimu:

Day One

Dear Fuwa, today was somewhat uneventful. I didn't get robbed, and I didn't get my kidney stolen in my sleep. I have to wonder..maybe i'm not good enough to be robbed? Maybe I have bad kidneys that those black market organ stealer's wouldn't want? Probably something not worth dwelling on. Anyhow, I basically spent the whole day on Youtube and in several Skype groups, I was watching a ton of these super disturbing videos of creepy real (supposedly) 911 calls and other disturbing stories of attempted kidnappings, strangers living in someones basement, etc. Which (who would have guessed) spiked my paranoia through the roof and I found myself hearing every little sound in my house, and cautiously looking out the window whenever my dogs barked Oh, I've also been playing Million Arthur 2 and Soccer Spirits on the side all day. I tried messaging a few friends to see if they wanted to play something, but like usual they are either playing with other people or just don't want to play anything with me. I also drank a Red Bull and at a crap ton of candy from this huge bag of candy I got before they left on their trip, so my heartbeat is probably a bit faster than it should be, but if I don't think about it it probably won't bother me. Welp, i'm going to go feed my dogs and either sleep, lurk on Fuwa, watch some anime (random recommendations would be great), and freeze to death because it's ridiculously cold right now and my room only has two temperature settings, Antarctica and Hell. Hope this isn't too boring, thanks for listening :illya:

Day One

Dear Fuwa, today was somewhat uneventful. I didn't get robbed, and I didn't get my kidney stolen in my sleep. I have to wonder..maybe i'm not good enough to be robbed? Maybe I have bad kidneys that those black market organ stealer's wouldn't want? 

I could try robbing you if you'd like. Though I should warn you I tend to get a little carried away with my mischief.    

Just don't watch Strangers and you'll be fine. Anyone that has watched Strangers knows exactly what I'm on about.

What kinda anime are you after? I've been watching Hidamari Sketch recently and it's great fun ^.^

Ah, I was meaning to get around to watching that. I remember watching a few episodes forever ago when it was on demand, it was pretty great. And nothing in particular, just anything you might think is good. Also tfw you've already seen Strangers :pyaa:

Also tfw you've already seen Strangers :pyaa:

In that case, I shouldn't have brought it up. That was bad of me, my apologies. :vinty:

But yeah, Hidamari Sketch is pretty great! Non Non Biyori too, if you haven't already (but I've kinda fallen in love with that so I'll rec it anyways...). I've also got Acchi Kocchi on my radar, seen an episode of it and it's brilliant ^.^

If you want something with a bit more substance however, I'm probably not the best guy to ask. My apologies again :vinty: