Cemu, the Wii U Emulator

XionsProphecy

Will you use this emulator?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use this emulator?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Finally we released this somewhat secret project into the masses with a big welcome from the community.

Info;

Name: Cemu

Function: WiiU Emulation

Runs: Wii U images (WUD) and RPX/RPL files

Resolution: 1920x1080 (if supported by the game)

Requirement:

• OpenGL 3.3
  • NVIDIA: Runs fine on most recent driver
  • Intel: Garbled output but runs if OpenGL version is supported
  • AMD (black screen or crashes for nearly all supported games on AMD GPUs)
  • Windows 7 or above (x64)

Controls:

Button A       X or Z  
Button B       C  
Button Y       D  
Button X       F  
Trigger L      Q  
Trigger R      R  
Trigger ZL     E  
Trigger ZR     R  
Left Stick     Arrow keys  
Right Stick    H U J K  
Button Plus    B  
Button Minus   N  
Touch input    Use mouse 

FAQ

Q: Can i use a any USB controller?

A: No, keyboard only. Proper controller support comes in a future release.

Q: Where is the sound?

A: Audio is not supported in this build.

Q: When is the next update?

A: The current plan is to release new updates at least every two weeks.

Download V1.0: https://github.com/Exzap/Cemu/releases 

If you decide to use this, please leave some feedback.

Emulating is one of the purposes behind building my monster rig and overclocking it.  I was waiting for this to eventually rear its head, and with Citra looking to be in a fairly playable state by Christmas, I'm in for some jolly holidays.

dont get your hopes too high, dolphin has been out for years and is still not capable of emulating all the games on wii or gamecube, this will take years to function properly, like any decent emu such as PCSX2, Nulldc, project64 etc etc

Emulating is one of the purposes behind building my monster rig and overclocking it.  I was waiting for this to eventually rear its head, and with Citra looking to be in a fairly playable state by Christmas, I'm in for some jolly holidays.

This emulator works with about 5-10% of all games. In maybe 2-3 years we will have a emu that can play 60% (hopeful thinking). Please keep this in consideration.

dont get your hopes too high, dolphin has been out for years and is still not capable of emulating all the games on wii or gamecube, this will take years to function properly, like any decent emu such as PCSX2, Nulldc, project64 etc etc

Yeah, but dolphin will run most with a few hacks if you don't mind some minor glitches.  As for optimization, power can help brute force past that.

Yeah, but dolphin will run most with a few hacks if you don't mind some minor glitches.  As for optimization, power can help brute force past that.

granted but it took them literally more than a decade to make it work as good as it's right now

I still love my Wii u and 3ds wouldn't bother using emulation since a lot of them don't work properly.

So do I, but I see emulators as a helping hand to those who can't afford the console.

It's an impressive first release, but I don't expect rapid progress until it becomes open source.

It will become open source later on, for now the main coder is very strict with the code. Perhaps when/if the pressure gets to be too much.

Whoa whoa whoa hold up

Citra playable by Christmas?

Need source on that bro