Corpse Party: Blood Drive Discussion

Eclipsed

It's out folks ahhhh ( ~ ▽ ~)

Time to wander Heavenly Host for hours getting frustrated and walking in circles aka lost!@#

Discuss away, and remember to use spoiler tags when necessary~

Misc:

• Pardon the shatty photo :makina:

Spoiler

TPhZL12.png (1381×1030)

Wasn't this game the sole reason 'he' bought 'that?'

Lol yeah, Twintails and Hoodie .......  (☉‿☉✿)

Made it to Chapter 3

Thoughts:

1. Looks like we got three of dem secret factions going on: 

• Wicca Institute which Ayumi's sister was a part of, along with Hoodie; seem to be white mage types
  • PL "Perfect Life" Promotions Co. which the Yui-replacement teacher Kuon is the CEO of (also being the sister of Aiko), MIB secret service types
  • Marbossalkfjlwk; or w/e organization that Twintails is a part of, standard black mage types

It already makes Corpse Party feel alot more bloated / feel vastly different lore wise, since all of the Heavenly Host shenanigans with Sachiko and whatnot from the first two games was ultimately just a side plot in the grand scheme of things 

2. Seriously, Mayu just can't get a break in this series. Shig Shig Shig Shig Shig Ssishsighishsihgi NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII -_- I'm gonna get nightmares

3. The game itself is.... not polished / optimized. Loading screens galore, even when just going into options, framerate dips, not all spoken dialogue is voiced... The chibi sprites are aight, kinda cute. Light effects decent. I appreciate all of the effort put into hazards/traps/hiding/running/battery mechanics but I can picture them being super frustrating things to deal with later on >.>

4. Goddamit Ayumi 1) you almost died 2 months ago + got your sister killed by using the Book of Shadows to try and revive your friends, now you wanna go back to Heavenly Host and get the Book of Shadows to try and revive your friends?!@#%@#%$^*

5. Finally got my Yoshiki x Ayumi CG, tyty

qppCu0M.jpg (960×544)

The game is not out yet in my region.... Hopefully it will come out by the end of this month

Will release in Europe & Austrailia on Halloween ^_^

~~

GG ez, 

dxH79z8.jpg (960×544)

Game should take 10~15 hours to finish depending on how fast you read and how long you get lost >.>

Saddest moment #1

xmjBhNx.jpg (960×544)

I literally burst into tears like a scrub, I think my reaction was even greater than Ayumi's :makina: 

Just imagine if you were the sole survivor in your own group of beloved friends after surviving a horrifying incident like the Heavenly Host. With you being the main cause of their demise. That thought alone broke me.

Saddest moment #2

ER69O3S.jpg (960×544)

Did you know Ayumi was my least favorite character back in Blood Covered? Seriously, the girl creeped me out with how easily she got possessed along with her actually killing Yoshiki in Chapter 2 Wrong End and Naomi in Chapter 5 Wrong End.

Well, now she's my favorite after Blood Drive. Still wanna slap her for her charging in headfirst guns blazing ask questions later way of doing things, but the girl's got heart. 

I have my misc. thoughts all typed out, but I'll save it 'til 2017 for when ppl actually start playing / finishing this game :Kappa:

I'm progressing little slowly because I'm only playing at nights. That became a habit when played Corpse Party for first time and now I'm refusing to play them at day time. I just cleared chapter 3 and did the two extra chapters yesterday.

I've been having fun so far. The lightning and the atmosphere are really amazing in this game, so much it was kind of irritating how little you got to walk around in Heavenly Host in the first chapters. And the way they sometimes changed perspective from the Heavenly Host to real world killed the mood a little. But to story seems interesting, so I don't mind that much.

Chapter 3 was the first proper horror chapter, but it was kinda too open for me. I missed an item and as a result wandered around for nothing quite a while, which made the whole chapter feel considerable less tense than probably should have. Some restrictions to pathing like in first CP could have been nice. It was still pretty intense during the events, but I missed the overall sense of dread when walking around the hallways.

I also don't know to feel about the chasing ghosts. They are pretty pointless when you have talismans, but also super annoying when you don't because they never stop chasing you. I haven't played enough to really make my opinion, but so far I preferred the focused chase scenes in the first one.

Still all that said, I'm loving BloodDrive, it has pretty much everything I wanted from 3d corpse party. Judging by the ending list of the 4th chapter it seems like it's going the a good one, so I'm looking forward to that.

Bought the game and beat it a few days ago, and it was great~

First off I hate the two cult fanatics, Magiri and parka boy (couldn't be bothered to remember his name) for the same reason as everyone else, but I'm kind of glad that Magiri ended up being the good guy. I liked Aiko and Kuon, Aiko because I can get behind the whole manipulative thing, and Kuon because she's like a useful Ms.Yui.

Honestly Sachi creeped me out every time I saw her, that laugh always stuck in my head T^T and even now I get scared thinking that she's lurking in a dark corner of my room. I dunno what happened to her since she was inside Kuon but then died and in the end she was apparently hanging around Ayumi.

Speaking of the end I really liked it. I would say I love it but I'm a bit confused, since it shows Ayumi in her house, in a wheelchair, almost like everythings normal. I don't know if she's going through physical, mental, or spiritual pain, or if she's just waiting there in solitude keeping Nirvana in check. And then Yoshiki shows up healthy as can be, how does the Ayumi-mixed-with-Nirvana space become a hospitable enough place that Yoshiki can casually stroll up to Ayumi's house? If it was cleared up a bit more I would give the ending a 9/10 since I have a ridiculously weak spot for self sacrificing characters.

And the Ex chapters were pretty great. I'm sure that some aren't canon, particularly the one with Morishige and Kizami meeting up again, since the times don't match up. My memory of BC is rusty but I think that Morishige goes crazy at the start of chapter 5, but by then Kizami is already chasing Yuuka around, and he doesn't let up until he gets captured and killed by Yoshikazu. Though I can believe the part about Morishige jumping out a window since he did go crazy for awhile. Another Ex chapter that I really liked was the one with Naho since she's my favorite character in the Corpse Party series, its still a shame that she had to succumb to the darkening like a scrub, especially since she was respected by everybody that knew her, but I appreciated her chapter. It was entertaining and gave some useful backstory.

I'll probably play BD again after I go through BC and BoS some time, I really enjoyed it~ and chapter 4 is a literal hell >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Blood Drive. (I blame Trails in the Sky SC, real life and swinging blades in chapter 9)

I'm not sure how I feel about BloodDrive. It managed to be pretty gripping horror story, but apart from the characters it lacked many of the things that made the previous Corpse Party games special. 

Expanded cast was nice idea, but jumping between the perspectives and especially between real world and Nirvana happened too often and took away from the atmosphere. 

Being able to run away and avoid most of the dangers was actually bad for the atmosphere. Nothing felt really scary because I knew I could ran away from them and failing those sequences was just annoying. And failure in general was not that interesting because there were hardly any fleshed out bad endings. Unlike in previous ones where failure was part of the experience and usually unexpected and not immediate, which made the atmosphere much more oppressing.

Exploring Heavenly Host in 3D was really satisfying despite the technological hiccups, although they recycled old locations too much in earlier chapters. The lighting system especially is super atmospheric and I liked the nightmare architecture in latter chapters. 

Story was pretty fitting continuation. It was nice to see more of the old characters, especially Ayumi and Naomi really shone this time around. The newcomers were interesting as well, but would have wanted little more time with them as they came out little one sided. (I haven't extra chapters yet, but still) I personally prefer the focused perspective on the happenings inside the Heavenly Host in previous games compared to the supernatural disaster on a grander scale in Blood Drive, but there were some interesting elements to it as well. More background info about the Shinozaki line and on magic in general was something I liked. 

Finally finished Blood Drive. (I blame Trails in the Sky SC, real life and swinging blades in chapter 9)

Ye, gameplay was laughable; story was pretty enjoyable and kept me captivated throughout; new characters were pretty one dimensional but all had their moments, especially Kuon-sensei who was basically the badass Yui-sensei should've been in the first game but got shafted; Heavenly Host in 3D + atmospheric lighting was great, especially towards the end where the Nirvana was taking over.

3D sprites in general mixed feelings. Alot of scenes could've had way more impact if they stuck to traditional CGs and/or descriptions (ie. SPOILER: finding Yoshikazu) but nope you get a hilarious chibi sprite version

Sachi was horrifically underused

parents are yanking me out of my room now to go eat so will come back later to edi

• 10 months later...